Sign in to follow this  
Guest Forgotton....

Caste surname question... Please help

Guest Forgotton....   
Guest Forgotton....

I know sikhs dont believe in the caste system, however can anyone tell me the following surnames what caste they belong to?

Moore

Virdi

Khaira

Thanks

VanHelsingh    1,970

I know sikhs dont believe in the caste system, however can anyone tell me the following surnames what caste they belong to?

Moore

Virdi

Khaira

Thanks

10101703A.jpg

• Like 2

LegalSingh    129

'Moore' is a tricky one. Bobby Moore is West Ham / East ham so quite possibly Ramgharia. But then again Roger Moore liked a drink so perhaps jatt. But Sir Patrick Moore liked looking at the stars and astrology jantar mantar so it would seem Khatri. Having said that, Bobby Moore was once arrested during a World Cup in South America for shoplifting dodgy jewellery.....so I'm voting *edited*.

• Like 4

Guest no surname pls   
Guest no surname pls

Can I just ask, I understand that as amritdharis we should not follow or believe in caste system. The reason why our surnames are replaced with Singh and Kaur is to eradicate caste and discrimination. Then why is is that certain gursikhs still use their surnames i.e. sandhu, sanghera, sangha. lets look at anand kaarajs, even if the singhs/singhni's parents are amritdhari (mum and dad dastar vale) they'll still add their family surname onto the wedding cards...why?

JSinghnz    933

'Moore' is a tricky one. Bobby Moore is West Ham / East ham so quite possibly Ramgharia. But then again Roger Moore liked a drink so perhaps jatt. But Sir Patrick Moore liked looking at the stars and astrology jantar mantar so it would seem Khatri. Having said that, Bobby Moore was once arrested during a World Cup in South America for shoplifting dodgy jewellery.....so I'm voting Bhatra.

Change your name to illegalbrahmin because casteist brahmins will love your nonsensical views about castes.

LegalSingh    129

Change your name to illegalbrahmin because casteist brahmins will love your nonsensical views about castes.

It was a joke showing the absurdities of it all. Next time I'll add a disclaimer forewarning you of a joke because you seem to be incapable of spotting one on your own.

JSinghnz    933

It was a joke showing the absurdities of it all. Next time I'll add a disclaimer forewarning you of a joke because you seem to be incapable of spotting one on your own.

Next time keep your casteist jokes which make fun of Sikhs to yourself.

Guest Waheguru   
Guest Waheguru

Next time keep your casteist jokes which make fun of Sikhs to yourself.

Why are you so aggressive and rude? What happened to Gursikhs having sweet speech? Your tone is poisonous and unkind, you spread so much negativity. Please show other people some consideration and learn to convey your displeasure politely.

chatanga    1,068

we all need to do that. this guy has had a humour bypass.

Why are you so aggressive and rude? What happened to Gursikhs having sweet speech? Your tone is poisonous and unkind, you spread so much negativity. Please show other people some consideration and learn to convey your displeasure politely.

He is a GurSikh, that's why.

JSinghnz    933

we all need to do that. this guy has had a humour bypass.

He is a GurSikh, that's why.

What other response can be expected from "intellectually bankrupt" individuals who have no self respect and make fun and laugh at their own religion.

I have zero tolerance for anyone who insult Sikhs and Sikhism,.

simran345    2,455

I think a lot of people keep their surname as to keep a connection with where they are from back home in India, being their pinds.

I think they are not purposely showing they are this caste or that, but to hang on to their ancestory roots which they are proud of.

But i hate it when there is discrimination due to caste in marriages and friendship. Caste de lagde.

• Like 1

TheFancyBanana    741

I think a lot of people keep their surname as to keep a connection with where they are from back home in India, being their pinds.

I think they are not purposely showing they are this caste or that, but to hang on to their ancestory roots which they are proud of.

It's why I keep mine. Also, so many Singhs on registers etc. that it makes it a lot easier if I just use my surname.

Guest no surname   
Guest no surname

I understand, but since were amritdhari shouldnt our ancestory roots be Guru gobind singh ji, something to be proud of? .

I understand that at formal places i.e. Work, school etc the need to use surnames May arise but what about weddings, its reasonable for both families to be aware of surnames, but then why put it onwedding card? I mean gurdwara is not a social or formal setting so why be proud of that surname infront of guru ji when instead they've already blessed us with with a beautiful surname singh or kaur, so why not be proud of that (reason why i keep mentioning word proud bcuz there seems o be a strong association, unless there are other reasons for using surnames please share). ?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this