List of names of those accused in the anti-sikh genocide

genie

I. POLITICIANS

The following is the list of those alleged to have instigated violence and/or protected alleged criminals.

1. Mr. H.K.L. Bhagat, Minister of state (Information and Broadcasting). On November 5, reported to have intervened to get miscreants released who were held in Shahdara Thana.

2. Babu Ram Sharma, Member, Municipal Corporation (Ward No. 58) reported to be the right-hand man of H. K. L. Bhagat. Reportedly responsible for loot, arson and murder in trance-Yamuna areas-Babarpur, Chajupur Colony, Maujpur, Gonda. Allegedly led people on motor cycle with megaphone.

3. Sajjan Kumar, Cong. (I) M.P. from Mangolpuri. Reported to have paid Rs. 100 and a bottle of liquor to each person involved in the killing.

4. Lalit Makan, Cong. (I) Trade Union Leader and Metropolitan Councillor. Reportedly paid to mob Rs. 100 each plus a bottle of liquor. A white ambassador car reportedly belonging to him came 4 times to the G.T. Road area near Azadpur. Instructions to mobs indulging in arson were given from inside the car.

5. Dharam Das Shastri, Cong. (I) M. P. from Karol Bagh. Reported to becarrying voters list with him at Prakash Nagar for identification of Sikhs. On November 5, according to newspaper reports, he along with other Congress-I leaders tried to pressurize the SHO of Karol Bagh Police Station to release the persons who arrested during the police raids to recover looted property.

6. Jagdish Tytler, Cong.(I) M. P. from Sadar Constitutency. On 6th November 5 p.m. he barged into a press conference that the Police Commissioner S. C. Tandon was holding. A journalist reports that he told the Police Commissioner that "by holding my men you are hampering the relief work".

7. Mahendra, Metropolitan Councillor. Reported to have accompanied Dharam Das Shastri with voters lists at Prakash Nagar.

8. Mangat Ram Singal, Member of Municipal Corporation (Ward No. 32) was reportedly with Dharam Das Shastri and Mahendra at Prakash Nagar.

9. Dr. Ashok Kumar, Member of Municipal Corporation, Kalyanpuri. Reportedly held a meeting in Kalyanpuri, following which violence broke out immediately. According to many eye witnesses he led mobs which indulged in loot, murder, arson and rape.

10. Sukhan Lal Sood, Metropolitan Councillor. According to eye witnesses was seen leading mobs, which indulged in loot, murder, arson and rape. He had come with petrol and serial lists and addressess of Sikhs in the locality. The women refugees, recognized him and drove him out.

11. Jagdish Chander Tokas, Member of Municipal Corporation Munirka (Ward No. 14) reportedly led a mob to R.K. Puram Sector IV and V.

12. Ishwar Singh, Member, Municipal Corporation, Mangolpuri (Ward No. 37). Allegedly led the mobs that indulged in looting, burning, rape and murder in Mangolpuri area.

13. Balwant Khokhar, Youth Congress-I Leader, Delhi, Identified as one of the persons responsible for instigating looting and arson in Palam Colony area.

14. Faiz Mohammad, Youth Congress-I Leader, Delhi, named by refugees in Shakurpur camp and in Mangolpuri for being a part of the mob indulging in looting, arson and murder.

15. Ratan, Youth Congress-I Leader, Delhi, named as having taken part in violence and looting in Palam Colony area.

16. Satbir Singh, Youth Congress-I. He allegedly brought bus loads of people from Ber Sarai to Sri Guru Harkrishan Public School (Munirka). They burnt school buses and parts of the school building. He was reportedly involved in looting and beating of Sikhs which carried on throughout the night on November 1.

II. POLICE

The following is the list of police officials allegedly responsible for negligence of duty and more abetment of /participation in violence :

1.Malhotra, ACP, East Districts at Shakarpur (under Shakarpur P. S.) Reported to have invited mobs. Heard to say "You should have blown up the Gurudwaras in addition to killing Bhatia (Congress-I worker, Trilochan Singh Bhatia ) of M. Block, Shakarpur. Mob was accompanied by Malhotra, who moved with one jeep, station-wagon, two men with sten-guns and revolvers, petrol-cans and stones. He supplied weapons to the mob, according to eve-witness accounts. Reportedly incited mobs at Laxmi Nagar, Gurunangal Nagar (under Shahdara P. S. )

2. Jai Singh, S.H.O., Allegedly told mobs in troubled area that they could do what they wanted for three days.

3. Rao Ram Mehar, S.H.O. at Shakarpur reportedly pointed out Shik shops and houses to the mob.

4. Hari Ram Bhatti, S.H.O. Sultanpuri P. S. reported to have helped the mob by disarming the Sikhs. On November 1 and 2 it is alleged that he himself killed them. On 3 and 4 reported to have had the Sikhs shaven at gun point.

5. Ravtas Singh, S.H.O. Sadar Thana. Reportedly broke into houses and indulged in arson.

6. Survir Singh, S.H.O. Kalyanpuri, P. S. He reported reached Trilokpuri (under Kalyanpuri P. S.) at 2.30 p.m. On November 1, when plunder and killing were going on. He immediately removed head constable and another constable from the spot, thereby giving the mob full licence to indulge in arson, rape and killing.

7. R. D. Singh, S.I. Information from refugees at Durgapuri Gurudwara, Loni Road that he abetted mobs and personally beat up and killed people.

8. S.H.O. and Constables. R. K. Puram Sector IV P. S. According to eye witness account when appealed to by two residents of Ber Sarai to project a Sikh family being attacked by a mob in Sector IV they categorically refused. Furhter, they are reported to have declared that Sikhs should be killed.

The following are the names of other police officials reported to have abetted / participated in violence in the mentioned areas :

9. Tyagi, S.H.O. in Trilokpuri.

10. Rana, Inspector-in-Trilokpuri.

11. Moolchand, S. I. In Shakarpur.

12. Bakshi, A.S.I. in Trilokpuri.

13. Rajvir Singh, Head Constable, Kalyanpuri, P. S. in Trilokpuri.

III OTHERS INVOLVED

The following is the list of persons allegedly involved in looting, arson and other criminal activities:

TRILOKPURI:

BLOCK -5

1. Papita, one of the ring leaders allegdly involved in murder.

BLOCK-12 :

2. Brahmani (Misrani) Shastri.

BLOCK-14 :

3. Baleshwar Bhargi alias Bhalu.

4. Bal Kishan

BLOCK-21 :

5. Bihari Dhobi.

BLOCK-25

6. B. D. Sharma.

BLOCK-27 :

7. Israi Ali (alias Chunnu).

8. Salim, Well known goonda, allegedly involved in murder.

9. Massa, opium dealer.

BLOCK-28 :

10. Dr. Yahya Siddiqi, Clinic at Main Road, Block -27, reportedly led the mob.\

11. Manu Singh, shop-keeper.

12. Soni, Railway Worker.

13. Mukesh, reportedly involved in loot and murder.

BLOCK-29 :

14. Mukri Master, Tailor, allegedly involved in murder.

BLOCK-30 :

15. Om Prakash (Omi), Mason, allegedly involved in murder.

16. Ved Prakash (Brother if Om Prakash), Handpump Mistri, allegedly involved in murder and rape.

17. Nur Jahan, reported to have incited Muslims by spreading the rumours that mosques have been burnt by Sikhs.

18. Keramat, Dealer in Cement.

19. Shabnam, TV shop owner.

20. Damesh

21. Punju

. 22. Salim allegedly involved in murder.

23.Abbas Son-in-law (see Abbas in Block 32).

24. Mukri, Video shop owner.

25. Hasin.

BLOCK-31 :

26. Kamaruddin, Atta-Chakki shop owner, and Furniture dealer.

27. Niyamat Ali.

28. Ninav, Tea shop owner.

29. Dr. V. P. Singh.

30. Duli Chand, Local Leader.

BLOCK-32:

31. Rampal Saroj, Pradhan and Congress -I worker. Allegedly responsible for killing of Gopal Singh, Ranjha Singh, Mekal Singh. Other charges against him are instigation, rape and burning.

32. Kishori lal and his four brothers, Shrawan, Sbrlya, Chhote, Kamal, own a Meat shop. Allegedly responsible for killing of HuRum Singh, Tirath, Sajjan Singh, Soma Singh, Tara Singh.

33. Jagga Sansi and wife Draupadi, allegedly responsible for burning, murder and rape.

34. Khadak Singh Pradhan.

35. Gaffar Khan, Businessman dealing in Cement.

36. Babu Khan, owns a dairy.

37. Manu Sansi

38. Aasim.

39. Somnath, allegedly responsible for killing of several persons including Hoshiar Singh S/o Milap Singh and 3 young men whom he locked in the house and killed later with other people.

40. Ajit.

41. Kadir.

42. Monga.

43. Sati.

44. Tello Sansi (Draupadi's sister)

45. Ruplal, allegedly responsible for killing of Labh Singh, r/o 32/121.

46. Omi Chamar, Shoemaker.

47. Morari, owns grocery shop in Block-31.

48. Pahelwan (Brother of Rashid).

49. Bachchan.

50. Aziz.

51. Ansar.

52. Kallo Khan, Dhaba owner.

53. Abbas, owns cloth and chappal shop in Block-27.

54. Dr. Lambo.

55. Bhallo, Sells liquors.

56. Kayamat Ali.

57. Raju (Bhangi), Sweeper.

58. Jaggi.

59. Bhaya.

60. Murli Khan.

61. Sher Khan.

62. Raja Ram, Rickshaw Driver.

63. Bethis Ramesh.

64. Bedhu Ram, allegedly responsible for killing in 32/99 and 32/97.

BLOCK -33:

65. Pappu, allegedly responsible for murder.

66. Bhum, local goonda.

67. Gyano, student.

68. Mohammad, Cycle shop owner.

69. Birju.

70. Zakir.

71. Kamal Singh, Rickshaw owner.

72. Munshi.

73. Rashid, Cycle Rickshaw repair shop in Block-32, allegedly involved in murder.

BLOCK- 34:

74. Mahendru.

75. Ratan (brother of Mahendru).

76. Behem Sharma.

77. Mahendra Pal.

78. Sher Singh, Shop keeper.

BLOCK- 35:

79. Jeevan.

BLOCK- 36:

80. B. B. Pandoy.

OTHER BLOCKS:

81. D. R. Lakhani, Youth Congress-I.

82. Abdulla.

83. Two sons of Sitaram, Milkman.

84. A.Mulla, lives near Mosque in Trilokpuri, teaches children in Mosque. Allegedly incited Muslims to go to burn two Gurudwaras of the locality.

85. Lakhan.

86. Rohtas, Land owner and Goala.

87. Rishi, Land owner and Goala.

88. Kripal, Land owner and Goala.

89. Brahrn (Tea shop owner in Trilokpuri).

90. Chabban & Munim, Cloth and Tailoring Shop near Mosque. Allegedly responsible for the death of Duleep Singh.

91. Babu Sharma.

SULTANPURI:

BLOCK- A- 4:

92. A. Bagri, Pradhan.

93. Brahmanand Gupta, Pradhan.

94. Nathu Pradhan, Sweeper.

95. Udal Jat.

96. Owner of Hanuman Ration shop.

97. Gayanand, Shop owner.

98. Ganpat, Shop owner.

99. Piria (Gujrati).

100. Gurbat Brothers.

101. Islam.

102. Rao.

103. Changa, Doctor.

104. Omi, auto-rickshaw driver.

105. Garib Das.

106. Vermanand, Kerosene seller.

BLOCK A-5:

107. Hasla Ram.

108. Mangla.

109. Satbir.

110. Salam.

BLOCK B-1:

111. Pal Brahman.

112. Samthu.

113. Khismvia.

114. Kumar.

BLOCK- 3:

115. Gopal & Brothers

116. Babbar & Father

117. Tiwari

118. Raghubir,Sweeper

119.Pratap,Sweeper

120. Wajiz

BLOCK- C- 4:

121. Barjilal & Sons.

122. Kalaram and 2 sons

123. Prem Singh alias Prem Muchiwal, Property dealer

124.Jai Kishan, Sweeper

125.Danny

126. Pappu

127. Raju

128. Ravikaran, Tailor

129. Kannaram.

130. Mohan Lal s/o Thekeda Komal

BLOCK P-3:

131. Tara Chand, Carpenter.

132. Master, Kerosene seller

133. Radhe Shyam, Mechanie

134. Babu Lal, Vegetable seller

135. The brother of Sikandar

136. Gulab Singh, owner of Godown

MONGOLPURl:

137. Hardwari Lal, Mandal President

138. Narendar Singh, Congress-I Worker

139. Salim Qureshi, Congress-I worker, belongs to Waqf Club

140. Shawkeen, Congress- I Worker, belong to Waqf Club

141. Malaram, Congress- I worker

142. Rajendar of New Star Club

143. Shiv Charan

MAUJPUR: GONDA:

144. Bhisno Joginder, Kerosene seller

145. Trilok, Flour Mill owner

146. Gupta, Paper seller

147. Delu Ram, Tailor's Apprentice

148. Ram Kishan, Tailor's Apprentice

149. Bhola, MilLman I

150. Balbir, Milkman s son

151. Prem, Barber

152. Gyan Malwai

153. Narain's son

154. Brahm

SHAKARPUR:

155. Bhatia, Congress - I Worker

156. Dogra, Congress-I worker

157. Mr. Singh, Congress-I worker

158. Lakshmi Dhoban, Mahila Samiti, allegedly instigated mobs to burns Sikhs alive.

159. Mr. Ashwini, BJP worker

160. Satpal, owner of 3-star hotel on main Shakarpur highway.

161. Ashok Kumar, owns a flour mill in Shakarpur.

162. Ram Niwas Sharma

163. Rohtas Singh, Shakarpur Village.

KHAJURI KHAS:

164. Kadam Singh, Panchayat Sarpanch

165. Nephews of Kadam Singh

166. Nambat Singh, owns Ration shop in the area.

167. Shyam Lal, Retired ASI.

168. Jai Singh, Kerosene seller

169. Jugnu.

170. Parsa

JANAKPURI:

171. Pratap, Pradhan of Sagarpur, allegedly responsible for killing 22 members of the family of Budh Singh of Sagarpur near Janakpuri.

BLOCK C:

172. Dablu, Sweeper

173. Kalia, Sweeper

174. Upli, Sweeper

175. Son Sasi

176. Mohan Sasi

177. Bhana Sasi

178. Raju, Sweeper

179. Malaram, allegedly distributed free kerosene

MANDAVALI: UNCHPUR

180. Sachdeva, property dealer

181. Raj Kalia, Cement dealer

182. Gupta, alias Chakki, owns Grocery store

183. Ram Prakash, works in Khadi Bhawan

184. Dr. Babbar

185. Dharam Pal

186. Kishan Dutt

187. Babu Ram

188.Lal Bahadur Mishra

189. Joshi

RAJNAGAR:

190. Balwan Khokkar

191. Mohinder Singh Bargdola

192. Pandit Tara Chand

193. Ishwar Chand Verma

194. Pandit Ram Niwas

SADAR BAZAAR:

195. Kamal, Dhobi

196. David, Dhobi's son

197. Vinayak Family

AZADPUR INDUSTRIAL AREA:

198. T. S. Bedi, Factory owner. On Nov. 1 he is reported to have organized mobs from early morning which became active later. While his own factory was left untouched, the neighbouring Crown Motors factory belonging to Sardar Pyare Singh was gutted the same day.

From the list above you can see alot of the names of the accused are muslims not only hindu. The Indian congress party relies on the indian muslim vote bank this is why they are slient when it comes to not supporting the Indian Sikhs in getting justice for 1984 as alot of their community was actually involved in the rapes and murders against our kaum.

The names of Muslims are very few. Not even 5%. Most are Hindus, so Hindus are the perpetrators here. But one thing I don't understand about Indian Muslims is that while Sikhs are very vocal against Modi and Gujarat massacre of Muslims, but when ever operation bluestar comes up they(Indian Muslims) team up with Hindus and say Sant Bhindranwale was a terrorist and operation blue star was justified. And when it comes to the Anti Sikhs riots of 84, instead of voicing their solidarity with the Sikhs(as the Sikhs do with them about 2002), they start to say "What about 2002?" In fact I have seen more Hindus showing solidarity with Sikhs about the Anti Sikh riots than the Indian Muslims. The irony here is mind boggling. Indian Kashmiris(who are the real Kashmiris) on the other hand are different from the rest of the Indian Muslims in this regard. They always condemn not only operation bluestar but also anti Sikh riots.

They show solidarity, but not in the open.

Johnny101, Wrong from the names you can see Muslims make up quite a bit of the list. Most are hindus though yes but their loyality is not to their religion but to their congress party just like manmohan singh and other gadars.

And absolutely right about the Indian muslims who have failed to support the cause of justice for the victims or condemn the anti-sikh genocide committed against Sikhs by the indian congress party in public. Yet stupid Sikhs from the west and in India have always supported the muslim cause in getting justice in Gujarat and kashmir.

I think its time we reevaluate in how we view the long term goals of Indian muslims and work towards ensuring the Sikhfication of muslim occupied /dominated area's of India like kashmir where they wish to cleanse non-muslims from that land.

And yes njkhalis, the list is authentic its from " List Of People Identified By Survivors" sourced from --> Peoples Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL), People's Union for Democratic Rights (PUDR) .... obviously its not every single individual that took part in the riots but it has the main culprits of new delhi massacre

Wrong from the names you can see Muslims make up quite a bit of the list. Most are hindus though yes but their loyality is not to their religion but to their congress party just like manmohan singh and other gadars.

And absolutely right about the Indian muslims who have failed to support the cause of justice for the victims or condemn the anti-sikh genocide committed against Sikhs by the indian congress party. Yet stupid Sikhs from the west and in India have always supported the muslim cause in getting justice in Gujarat and kashmir. I think its time we reevaluate in how we view the long term goals of Indian muslims and work towards ensuring the Sikhfication of muslim occupied /dominated area's of India like kashmir where they wish to cleanse non-muslims from that land.

Brother no need to do Sikhfication of Kashmir. That is not our fight. The Kashmiris have not hurt the Sikhs there. I have met Kashmiri Sikhs and they tell me Muslims treat them okay. Sikhs do not start a conflict with anyone. We should only fight with people who fight with us. Indian Muslims(excluding Kashmiris) are different. They do not sympathize with the Sikhs regarding 84 and many of them support operation bluestar. Which is why my opinion I don't think Sikhs should make their fight against Modi as our common fight.

Brother no need to do Sikhfication of Kashmir. That is not our fight. The Kashmiris have not hurt the Sikhs there. I have met Kashmiri Sikhs and they tell me Muslims treat them okay. Sikhs do not start a conflict with anyone. We should only fight with people who fight with us. Indian Muslims(excluding Kashmiris) are different. They do not sympathize with the Sikhs regarding 84 and many of them support operation bluestar. Which is why my opinion I don't think Sikhs should make their fight against Modi as our common fight.

i agree no Sikh should ever speak out against modi from now on. We have now seen the complicity of indian muslims of congress party in attacks on our kaum in 1984. As for Kashmir some did speak out for Sikhs but now have fallen slient there their long term goals are against non-muslims, they have already cleansed Sikhs from pakistani occupied kashmir in 1947. Also we need to understand there has been a trend towards salafi jihadi ideology in kashmir from 1990s where some misguided muslims have attacked Sikhs in isolated incidents when Sikhs didnt take part in the agitations against Indian army.

Genie Jee, I don't think that Kashmiris were responsible for the Chattisinghpura massacre. It was false flag operation by the Indian army to defame the Kashmiri separatist movement on Bill Clinton's visit to India. As for the Sikh in the video, it is unfortunate what he went through but one or two incidents is not the norm. If you ever get a chance to speak to a Kashmiri Sikh, he will always tell you that in Kashmir the Muslims and Sikhs live in peace and mutual respect.

But the Indian Muslims they are a story apart. When operation blue star and anti Sikh riots happened in 1984, although the Indian Muslims did not take part in killing the Sikhs as the Hindus did, but seeing the Sikh genocide they had a feeling of satisfaction instead of feeling sympathy. Dr Salman Khurshid who is a senior congress politician and respected Indian Muslim writes about the Indian Muslim reaction to the Sikh killings in 84 in his book "At Home In India: A restatement of Indian Muslims":

Salman+Khurshid+on+1984+riots.jpg

Indian Muslims are satisfied because they think that 84 is a karmic payback for 47. Compare this to how Sikhs reacted when Babri Masjid was destroyed. Sikhs were protesting shoulder to shoulder with the Indian Muslims. Or when 2002 Gujarat riots happened, Sikhs from Punjab began sending truck loads of food from Punjab for the riot victims. Even now Sikhs all over the world condemn Modi as if he has killed not Muslims but Sikhs. And yet still you will never see Indian Muslims standing in solidarity with the Sikhs in condeming operation bluestar or anti Sikh riots. You will more likely get a Hindu to have some sympathy for the Sikhs than an Indian Muslim when it comes to 84.