Guru Nanak sahib at Mecca

GPS

Great posts guys. I saw a mention of Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale and other Mahapurkh katha on Guru Nanak Dev Ji going to Macca.

Can you please share them or direct where I could find them?

Would be great if someone who knows a lot started a new thread with Bhai Gurdas Ji dian vaaran about Guru Sahib's visit to Macca alongside with puratan katha.

There were hardly any geographical boundaries between Iraq and adjacent countries of that time. We should not consider today's arab world same as of that day. That time Iran and iraq were one country. Shia muslims still form majority in iraq. So before making useless statements missionaries need to have knowledge of world demographics/geography etc.

Someone was disputing existence of slab erected in fifteenth century where Peer behlol had a dialogue with Guru nanak dev sahib.

Here is the reference. To doubt sikh history which is not very old and to doubt acts of guru sahibs by faithless missionaries is an act of blasphemy.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2003-05-28/edit-page/27269511_1_sri-guru-nanak-baghdad-murad

Baghdad was, in Nanak's time, a centre of Muslim culture — it was home to pirs and sufi fakirs. Guru Nanak stayed in Baghdad for four months and interacted with the holy men there, one of whom was Bahlol.

Guru Nanak sang of the infinity of God and His infinite creation. Bahlol said that the Qur'an had mentioned seven earths and seven heavens only. Guru Nanak urged that the universe was not confined to seven earths and seven heavens but had millions and millions of planets and worlds and the Guru greeted all in the name of Sat Kartar.

Bahlol and his son would talk to Nanak often, discussing all these issues and eventually, Bahlol found that he was getting closer to Nanak's philo-sophy. Soon Bahlol and his son were convinced of the truth of Guru Nanak's teaching and they became his bhaktas.

Sri Ananda Acharya, an Indian swami who travelled widely wrote Snow Birds, a record of his travels. Sri Ananda Acharya eventually made Norway his home.

On reading an Arabic inscription in a shrine outside the town of Baghdad, he wrote: "Upon this slab of granite didst thou sit discoursing of love and holy light, O Guru Nanak! Prince among India's holy ones! What song didst thou sing to charm the soul of Iran! What peace from the Himalayas' lonely caves and forests didst thou carry to the groves and rose-gardens of Baghdad? What light from Badrinath's snowy peak didst thou bear to illuminate the heart of Bahlol, thy saintly Iranian disciple!...

"Eight fortnights did Bahlol hearken to thy words on Life and its Mystery, on the Path and the Spring Eternal, while the moon waxed and waned in the pomegra-nate groves beside the grass-covered Desert of the Dead! And after thou, O Nanak, didst depart for thy beloved Bharat, Bahlol, the fakir, spoke to none: he listened not to the voice of man. And his fame spread, far and wide, and the Shah of Iran came to pay him homage: but the holy fakir took no earthly treasure nor listened to the praise of kings and courtiers...

"Thus lived he, lonely, devoted, thoughtful, for 60 years, sitting before the stone on which thy sacred feet had rested. And ere he left this house of avidya, he wrote these words on the stone: Here spake the Hindu Guru Nanak to fakir Bahlol, and for these 60 years, since the Guru left Iran, the soul of Bahlol has rested on the Master's Word, like a bee poised on a dawnlit honey rose".

This place is known to the Arabs of Baghdad as the tomb of Bahlol: and in the centre is a picture of Sri Guru Nanak. On this memorial is an inscription in the Turkish language: "Murad saw the demo-lished building of Hazrat Rab-i-majid, Baba Nanak, Fakir Aulia; and Murad re-built it with his own hands, so that the historic memo-rial may conti-nue, from generation to generation, and that Baba Nanak's murid-i-s'eed (the blessed disciple) may obtain heavenly bliss".

GPS = UK Londonsikh

GPS = Your dhundha and his missionary collegues openly state that there is no reincarnation in sikhi. They also do not believe that there is an entity such as soul.

GPS = Now you tell me if there is no reincarnation obviously there is no soul also. So do not try to defend them with your skewed logic. They call Naam simran as parroting.

GPS = My straightforward question to you

GPS = Do you believe in reincarnation?

UK = Paji i do believe that the soul has to travel through a journey that is not necassarily restricted to the life we are living right now. Sikhi does have mystical elements and I don't believe that non-Mahapursh's can know everything there is to know about what happens when this present life ends. I am aware that Karma in Sanskrit refers to actions in this life rather than in previous lives. I do not believe in any way Hinduism's definition of reincarnation as per Manu Smriti - whereby the believers of such philosophy think that 300,000 plus Sikhs that were killed in Pakistan in 1947 got murdered as a result of the sins of their previous lives. I don't believe that all the innocent Sikhs that died in 1984 or under Beanta's reign of terror did so as a result of previous sins. I regard such beliefs as wrong. Is your question related to your belief that Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj had a previous life connected with the Hindu Maa Durga according to yourself? Do you truly believe in that story and that innocent Sikhs killed suffered as a result of their past sins or do you actually agree with Dhunda Sahib that the innocent Sikhs that died were killed as a result of the evil actions of our enemies and nothing else?

GPS = It seems you do not read what i write and then beat about bush. Regarding plaque i quoted dialogue with Peer behlol and not qazi of mecca.

Do you know who was Peer behlol. Read below what i wrote and If you contest this plaque is not there then i will post credible ref for you.

I had written

GPS = Now there is a slab erected since that time in memory of Guru sahib's visit and a place where Guru sahib had

dialogue with Peer behlol. He became Guru ji's disciple and did bhagti till his last breath where he had dialogue with Guru

ji. To turn him into a disciple was also a miracle.

GPS = The above is narrated by Swami anandmurthy in his famous poem " Song of swan bird" he passed by that place on foot on his way

to norway sometime in 1916 around.

unquote

UK = So you openly admit GPS Paji that there is no plaque in Mecca confirming it's rotation. Aside from the fact that the Arabs of Mecca would presumably have commemorated the rotation of Mecca had it occurred, I think it's telling none of the residents of Mecca is Sikh and that they regard Sikhi as being a Kaffir Qaum. The plaque you are referencing which attests to Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj's journey through there is actually in Baghdad - 1,400 km away from Mecca. And it does not mention the rotation of Mecca either and nor would any Iraqi citizen of Baghdad agree with the rotation of Mecca story.

UK = Paji i do believe that the soul has to travel through a journey that is not necassarily restricted to the life we are living right now. Sikhi does have mystical elements and I don't believe that non-Mahapursh's can know everything there is to know about what happens when this present life ends. I am aware that Karma in Sanskrit refers to actions in this life rather than in previous lives. I do not believe in any way Hinduism's definition of reincarnation as per Manu Smriti - whereby the believers of such philosophy think that 300,000 plus Sikhs that were killed in Pakistan in 1947 got murdered as a result of the sins of their previous lives. I don't believe that all the innocent Sikhs that died in 1984 or under Beanta's reign of terror did so as a result of previous sins. I regard such beliefs as wrong. Is your question related to your belief that Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj had a previous life connected with the Hindu Maa Durga according to yourself? Do you truly believe in that story and that innocent Sikhs killed suffered as a result of their past sins or do you actually agree with Dhunda Sahib that the innocent Sikhs that died were killed as a result of the evil actions of our enemies and nothing else?

UKLondonsikh ji

We are not talking about hindu philosophy here. We are talking about sikhism as it is a sikh forum. Let us not mix two beliefs.And also do not run away by writing one post.

Dhundha and whole missionary block says there is no reincarnation. If there is no reincarnation obviously there is no soul also and missionaries do not believe in soul also. They believe in what our eyes can see. But sikhism does support reincarnation and also law of karma.Both these concepts are interconnected. Karma is a collective baggage and sikh philosophy differs from Hindu oen on this concept markedly. Just because our Guru sahib has used Indian terminology does not mean that they become Hindu concepts.

Leave aside Guru gobind singh's previous life as nowhere in Dasam granth sahib it is written that he was durga bhagat.You are making a malicious statement amounting to lies on Guru sahib as Guru sahib writes in his compositions that Durga is creation of akal Purakha and millions of durga are at feet of akal purakh.If you want to discuss this start a new thread and bring all your missionary cult here and i will prove none of them has read Dasam granth sahib. Leave aside Dasam granth sahib they have not even read Guru granth sahib also.They have parroted a few lines which help them to befool some by slandering others.

UK = So you openly admit GPS Paji that there is no plaque in Mecca confirming it's rotation. Aside from the fact that the Arabs of Mecca would presumably have commemorated the rotation of Mecca had it occurred, I think it's telling none of the residents of Mecca is Sikh and that they regard Sikhi as being a Kaffir Qaum. The plaque you are referencing which attests to Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj's journey through there is actually in Baghdad - 1,400 km away from Mecca. And it does not mention the rotation of Mecca either and nor would any Iraqi citizen of Baghdad agree with the rotation of Mecca story.

I wrote peer behlol dialogue with guru sahib which took place while he was coming back.Do not you read what i write. Where did i write plaque at mecca? Can you show me please. You should know who was peer behlol before you make claims here.

Rotation of mecca is mentioned in Bhai gurdas ji vaar.Do you believe in Bhai gurdas ji? There is also a shoe of guru sahib in shrine per Bhai Gurdas ji vaar.

Did you read this

ਫਿਰਿਆ ਮਕਾ ਕਲਾ ਦਿਖਾਰੀ।

Take sometime to read Bhai Gurdas ji dian vaaran before you write here. Read some more

ਧਰੀ ਨੀਸਾਣੀ ਕਉਸ ਦੀ ਮਕੇ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪੂਜ ਕਰਾਈ।

Dharee Neesaanee Kaousi Dee Makay Andari Pooj Karaaee.

धरी नीसानी कउसि दी मके अंदरि पूज कराई ।

Wooden sandal (of Baba Nanak ) was kept as a memory and he was woshipped in Mecca.

1 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੪ ਪੰ. ੧

Unquote

keep in mind that world's geography, languages and demographics undergo change with time. Do not compare those days with today.