What is happening...jihaadist attacks

DDAVIDALE

Hi all,

I'm far from a person who wants to create conflict but you can't hide the recent upsurge/media coverage of muslim extremists wanting to commit acts of senseless murder. Every day this week there have been articles in the news about how a group of islamic men, all bearded, wanted to blow up locations across the UK and for them, to become martyrs. Are 'they' seriously hoping for a life in paradise?

is it me or have we not seen one muslim come forward to condemn these terror acts? I mean maybe a celebrity of some sort or a leading figure; look at Dr Naik-an advocate of these terror acts; its as if they almost want to believe its acceptable because 'they' believe the amercian and british forces are doing the same in iraq/afganistan.

How can the quran be so justified in killing innocents-I just don't get it. Sikhi is so far from that or does it come down to interpretation? Could you ever see sikh bombers doing this? Is it pure brain washing, is there a hidden message? I know the quran has chapters which talk of violence but this is cmoing to a joke. If I'm asian and thinking of this what are other communities thinking? I might wrong here doesn't sikhi profess to this birth being a gift where man must pay pennance to get out of the 8.4 million lives? Thoughts please sangat

Sometimes suicide bombing far outweights the risks of an individual (the target) living. On second thoughts it seems Islam is at war with the world, for them it is dominate or die. I was surprised how after the Wisconsin incident muslims defended themselves by saying "well Sikhi was spread by the sword." It all comes down to this, they view the world as a battleground one which should be chanting 'Allah, Allah.' Have you seen what they do to literary critics who criticise such behaviour even in Islamic nations?

Hi all,

I'm far from a person who wants to create conflict but you can't hide the recent upsurge/media coverage of muslim extremists wanting to commit acts of senseless murder. Every day this week there have been articles in the news about how a group of islamic men, all bearded, wanted to blow up locations across the UK and for them, to become martyrs. Are 'they' seriously hoping for a life in paradise?

is it me or have we not seen one muslim come forward to condemn these terror acts? I mean maybe a celebrity of some sort or a leading figure; look at Dr Naik-an advocate of these terror acts; its as if they almost want to believe its acceptable because 'they' believe the amercian and british forces are doing the same in iraq/afganistan.

How can the quran be so justified in killing innocents-I just don't get it. Sikhi is so far from that or does it come down to interpretation? Could you ever see sikh bombers doing this? Is it pure brain washing, is there a hidden message? I know the quran has chapters which talk of violence but this is cmoing to a joke. If I'm asian and thinking of this what are other communities thinking? I might wrong here doesn't sikhi profess to this birth being a gift where man must pay pennance to get out of the 8.4 million lives? Thoughts please sangat

I don't think its interpretation. I think its a soldified perspective, one which has been cemented over time. The ingredients were there, it was only a matter of mixing them.

Guest exploration

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I am an Asian Muslim and I am very saddened by what I seen written. I truly hope you also do not mind me responding to your comments.

The background history between Islam and the West will shed some light as to why Muslims are portrayed so negatively in the media.

There are very strong contributing factors.

They emerge from medieval western conflicts, the crusades, the oil crisis of the 1970's, the Lebanese civil war, the Iranian revolution, the Gulf war, and the explosive Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the September 11 bombings, the Bali Massacre and the London bombings.

All these events have caused Islam to be continuously associated with violence and unresolved conflicts. Furthermore, the view of Muslims as being violent typically explains why Muslims are seen to establish a threat to the West. One of the most effective ways the media attempts to somehow prevent Islam being seen in a positive frame is to develop propaganda against Muslims and Islam.

The media is able to use negative images as a means of exploiting Muslims, and degrading them. The media assumes, in some cases, that the actions of one Muslim are representations of the general Muslim population. This is generalisation. This sets a example for members of society to abuse and degrade Muslims.

In current affair programmes, people watching are bombarded with images of Muslims as savage terrorists, killing innocent people with no remorse. What results from this is that viewers of these programmes, recognise and accept only the labels, and therefore with Islam immediately associating it with negative images.

To be fair islam does get a bad press not just from western media but from their own muslim brothers who follow the sunni / salafi / waahabi ideological path than the other sects especially the shia and sufi's tend to be more peaceful and respectful of other faiths and ideologies. However the salafist branch of islam is totally at odds with normal decent human civilised behavior and norms of wars they wish to behave like barbarians in conduct and war thus treated like such and also brand islam in that paint by the media.

I will say that when I see western armed forces / israel bombing innocent civilians in muslim area's i do feel for them as human beings I do think to myself the western govt/armed forces are just as much a terrorists as the muslim jihadi's that do the same. So in that sense the muslims have my sympathies on that side but as for ideology I think its for muslims to decide how to cleanse and challenge their faith of those who give them a bad name and stop communities from working with each other to end injustice and inequalities being forced on them.

Why do Muslims always go back to the Crusades? They conveniently forget that the Muslims were the ones who invaded the Christian lands all the way up to France and yet they blame everything on the Crusades! If anything, Muslims and Islam has been getting a free pass since 9/11. Whenever there is a terrorist attack, the media always makes such there are Muslims being interviewed who ply the same falsehood such as Islam is a peaceful religion, even going so far as to lie that Islam means Peace!

The truth is that Muslim states especially those who have the Sharia as the basis of their legal system are basketcases. They have the least amount of freedom, women and minorities are oppressed. The Sharia is a discriminatory legal system which species for instance that for the murder of a Muslim male the blood money is the highest, less for a Muslim women and much less for a non-Muslim.

No doubt a Muslim will always use the lie that these countries don't really follow the Sharia. The fact is that Islam is a political system disguised as a religion. It has oppressed non-Muslims as per the teaching of Mohammed for the last 1400 years. No doubt there were periods when non-Muslims might have had an easier time than at others but they have always been at the mercy of Muslims.

It's not the quran, look at Bill Warner's videos, and read a quran that is in chronological order as like Christianity there is abrogation (later verses over-ride earlier). The third caliph had the quran re-arragned in order to control the populace.

The later verses, are about killing kafirs, and Islam has something called Sunna.

Or the way of mohammed, to be like him. How he was, is described in the Hadith (or traditions) and the Sira (his biography).

He kept slaves, married 6/7 year old girls, among other things.

-

Many muslims don't follow the hadith, etc. So it would be wrong to say that all muslims are bad, however the political ideology of Islam, in it's pure and intended (by Mohammed) form,

is one of duality and submission. Facism such as hinduvta operates on those two principles as well. An us vs them mentality, and instead of critical thought you have submission.

-

The opposite of that, what you would term regular civilization is the golden rule and critical thought.

We must be careful to not let facism erode our morals, as it is very easy to get caught into a dualistic mindstate when faced with a stressful situation (such as war).