North Carolina Gurdwara refuses an anand karaj

Guest dasguruka

Guest dasguruka

Gurfateh Sangat Ji, I just came from a local Gurudwara and it was shared with the sangat over there that a North Carolina Gurudwara refused an Anand karaj because the Anand Karaj was for a Hindu family. The sevadar at the same gurdwara went to the committee members and asked to arranged a wedding for his daughter but the memebers turned him away. He wrote to Akal Takht about this matter and still awaiting a response. Can anyone share what Gurughar this is if you know about this as well?

Further it was shared with the sangat that what are these people supposed to do if they get turned away from an anand karaj? Where do they go? If they turn to deras then they're blamed for praising the derawad. If they baptize as Sikhs then they're labelled mazhbi Sikhs. The only option they're left with is going to church and accepting a new religion to practice their faith. Please share your views.

Gurfateh!

This is another version of what happened in the UK at Swindon Gurdwara. By virtue of bowing before Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj the so-called "Hindu" family were in fact declaring themselves to be Sikh who would have become part of the Panth. But the same individuals that prevented their Anand Karaj are effectively the biggest Hindutva agents out there as they wish to see Sikhi remain for as small and tiny a population as possible - as obviously the smaller a population, the easier it is to stamp on the human rights of a small and tiny minority amidst 7,000 million people in the World. Our RSS enemies class anyone with a pulse as Hindu, yet many amongst us in Badal-influenced leadership positions try to deliberately limit who is defined as a Sikh. It's clear who will win in the long term if those two ideological mindsets remain.

Like I said regarding Swindon in the UK last year:

I don't see the stopping of Anand Karaj marriages at the last minute by locking the gates as something to celebrate.

To me I feel like we are shooting ourself in the foot and then congratulating ourself about it.

The couple, in every single case, will get married regardless. Therefore, the issue rests on two main things.

Firstly, what defines an ordinary Sikh (as opposed to what constitutes true Amritdhari GurSikh). The historical definition of an ordinary Sikh was any person who bows down before Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. That obviously does not match precisely with current Rehit Maryada. However, when the Akal Takht Jathedar awards the title Panth Rattan Fakr-e-Qaum to PS Badal (or when the Jathedar gave a siropa to General Dwyer of Jallianwala Bagh massacre fame) as opposed to Justice Khalra then we need to be very vigilant that the Akal Takht jathedars place SGGS Ji's definition of a Sikh first rather than the modern definition which seeks to limit the number of Sikhs and thereby constrain our collective power as an enlarged but United Panth. Therefore, if two people bow down in full sharda before SGGS Ji Maharaj (and only ParmAathma can know the true sharda within someone's heart) then to all intents and purposes they are both clearly Sikhs (the fraudsters can also be exposed by having to confirm that they condemn gender inequality as espoused in the Bible, Quran etc). I wholeheartedly agree with the general direction of Luton Gurdwara's approach on a couple showing commitment to Sikhi (in fact we could even the extend that approach by widening it to all couples and to our Qaum's positive advantage by way of getting all Punjabi folks to adopt Singh and Kaur as their surnames).

Secondly, given that in each case the couple are getting married anyway ... we need to work out if it is better for us to alienate and lose two people humble enough to bow down to SGGS Ji Maharaj or should we in fact strive to ensure that they understand the fundamental truths behind including Singh and Kaur in their names and make a commitment that their children will be named so as well.

Our Guru is fundamentally beyond Beadbi on a spiritual level. Of course, we ourselves as Sikhs should never deliberately commit Beadbi but to extend the definition of Beadbi to include the Laavan - arguably the happiest moment of these couple's lives - when clearly they are receiving blessings simply to be in the presence of SGGS Ji Maharaj is something I have serious doubts about.

We definitely need to be vigilant in applying serious vetting when it comes to male grooms of aggressively proselytising Abrahamic faiths but we need to encourage others to maintain and strengthen their links to Sikhi not for the sake of our opinions on Beadbi but for the sake of the children of such marriages feeling welcome within the Panth rather than ostracised away from Sikhi.

Make no mistake, so-called mixed marriages will double from the levels of 2012 within just this decade alone ... we need to decide what's the right approach for the future right now ... copying Christians, Muslims and Jews ... all religions which condone Slavery ... should not be the way ... as if we had taken the time to engage with the Swindon groom ... any person would logically conclude that Sikhi is the truth in comparison to one of the Abrahamic faiths which condone Slavery.

Our Dera enemies are loving the approach taken at Swindon. Because just like how they mop up sehajdhari's due to our kattar-dha they will be at the forefront of encouraging such marriages in an effort to discredit Sikhi. By ourselves complicitly + willingly limiting the number of future Sikhs, we have to be careful we don't inadvertently commit a bigger Beadbi against SGGS Ji Maharaj when it is a Universal message of Truth which needs a greater audience for Sarbat da Bhala. I also have respect for everyone who wishes to uphold Rehit Maryada but I think we need to seriously think outside of the box on this matter because mixed marriages will only double and treble in the coming years. Either we can de facto get smaller and smaller as a Panth and limit the definition of a Sikh to as small a minority as possible (like our enemies want to see us do) or we can try to widen the audience of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj for the sake of the greater good of the whole of humanity.

Aujla Sahib assi kaun hunnay ah kaiin nu kay ohna da vishwaas nayhee haii Sikhi vich? Like I said it boils down to a battle of numbers. One side is saying everyone belongs to Hinduism. The other party wants to restrict the definition of who is Sikh to as small a population as possible. We can't then complain when we are on the receiving end of repeated human rights abuses as we saw in 1947 and 1984. If we Sikhs were even a 25% minority nobody would dare step against us. Odds of 3 to 1 we can handle (sava lakh di gal aj kal dhay zamaanay vich pulljao). But 1.8% of the Indian population is not good odds. 0.9% in UK+Canada. And I'm including the 90% Sehajdhari majority to reach just those figures. Minorities of the kind you envisage will not influence the World for Sarbat dha Bhalla in any meaningful way unless we change our strategy to gain a critical population mass.

Gurdeep Paji ... saaree insaaniath da "natural" Marg Sikhi 'ah ... because it's indisputably and provably the Truth for Sarbat dha Bhalla. It's we who are pushing people away rather than welcoming them into the Panth. All Dalits across India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are natural born Sikhs (not just the few recently in Madhya Pradesh) ... but though Madhya Pradesh was a beacon of hope on the horizon we are letting Indira's legacy flourish through Dera Ballan ... who want to take 3million Sikhs out of Sikhi.

The above Gurdwara management has merely alienated one family.

RSS Durga Pujari's, Congress and the Dera's want to prevent Crores of Kabirpanthi's, Jatavs, Dalits, Sanatani's etc from joining their natural home within the Sikh Panth.

ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED BEAUTIFULLY BY BASICS OF SIKHI

Interfaith Weddings? Non-Sikhs in Anand Karaj? Sikh Rehat Maryada

Are non-sikhs allowed to marry Sikhs? Are Sikhs allowed to do Anand Karaj with someone who is not a Sikh? This has become a very public debate recently. This is a clip taken from #2 of 3 - English Katha of the Akaal Takth Sikh Rehat Maryada (SRM) agreed in 1945.
You can read the official Punjabi and English Translation of the SRM at this link http://www.sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/sec...

Regardless khalsa ji. The argument remains that the paath of lavan was put in place by 4th Nanak Guru Ram das ji. From that time until Khalsa was established Anand Karajs happened. You cant just deny someone who comes asking for in front of the Guru. Who are we to deny someone of an anand karajs?

WE CANNOT ALLOW ANAND KARAJS TO NON SIKHS.