Hair / nails / mutation sikhism

Guest Confused

Guest Confused

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa ,Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

Everyone,

I have a doubt.

I read somewhere in the forums that we dnt cut hair because they are living(living cells) where as we cut extended nails because they are non living(dead cells).

What if a sikh is born with a rare mutation ,example : a extra hand or something which is living but of no use.(the cases you see on discovery or national geography).

Is he/she allowed to cut(obviously through operation) it?

Now one more thing,Due to hair at my private parts I have got a fungal infection.Doctor simply said the reason was water clogging after bath.

And no matter whatever you do it wont dry(i cant simply use a dryer)..and according to the forums I see you should not shave hairs no matter what.

But whats the point when these living part is the cause of killing of other living cells plus the rashes and itch.

Regards,

Confused Sikh

Guest *****

Dry the area with a towel. Another thing you can and should do is warm up milk and then mix a pinch of turmeric (haldi) in the milk. At first its got a bitter taste, but this taste goes away once you have done it for couple of days. Only drink it once a day and do it for at least 3 weeks. Turmeric is good for skin diseases, wounds, and helps treat digestive problems.

I personaly don't think we keep hair because it is the "natural form", this form would then include uncut nails and running around naked. We came into this world naked. I believe we keep hair because they are Guru's stamp to show who we belong to and to show we are following a certain path. Also hair helps with spirituality, they are like little ariels.

Look at it this way, every strand of hair on our body belongs to guru sahib ji. It's guru sahib jis, nothing is ours, everything belongs to guru sahib ji. If someone cuts there beard, there cutting guru sahib jis beard. Same with other things like alcohol for instance. Someone drinks alcohol, there making guru sahib ji drink alcohol. This body belongs to guru sahib, it's a gift from guru sahib ji, why would you want to change it ? Did guru sahib ji make it wrong ? Of course not, then why do things like remove hair from your body ? Maya! People get blinded by maya. If hair needs to be removed for medical reasons, then that's different. If hair needs to be removed because of surgery then there's nothing you can do about it. If that's a reason then just go pesh and tell the panj pyare the reason.

What the heck, the same kind of questions keep coming up !!!

LOOK- if you getting sweaty down below and it is causing fungal infections and sweat rashes..etc...

Then the answer is SIMPLE- use some 'Johnson and Johnson Baby powder or talc' !!!

This will keep the moisture and sweat glands from becoming blocked !!

There is hardly ever any need to shave or do a brazilian

Guest singh

Obituary

Today, 6 months of lost hair of this anonymous Singh was cremated. Following singing of religious hymns, the ashes were dispersed on a flower bed and the ceremony concluded. Singh said later in a statement "My hair is a part of my body, cutting it off is like cutting off a limb. You wouldn't flush a decapitated hand down the drain; so 6 months worth of collected hair was cremated today. My hair has been through thick and thin. It has stood strong in the midst of threats of being cut by angry relatives and skin and scalp infections too, and also has provided great support and comfort to me at an indescribable level." Singh adds "Apart from the scientific benefits of hair, there is a spiritual element to this body part too, it finely balances energy flows during meditation. It is not just for our identity, God has provided us with everything we need to live a pure and simple spiritual life, and a gurmukh is a manifestation of God himself." On being asked about how he stores his hair, Singh noted "I try as far as possible to salvage all lost hair whilst bathing and combing. Wet hair sticks really well to bathroom tiles. During the day when foot-long hair comes out of my beard whilst finger combing, I store it safely in my pocket. It all goes into a small dry box." Singh also cautioned "I am just trying to show great respect for my God given form. Sure, it may be a ritual, but it is not empty for me because I genuinely feel the loss of my once-alive and growing body parts. People may perform this ritual blindly without feelings, that is wrong, and it certainly isn't a requirement, I would recommend this only for those who understand what they're doing". Singh finally advises "Use a blend of base and essential oils, it does wonders for one's skin and hair".