Struggling with makeup/ jewellery

Guest wanderingsoul

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Kid, am not in favor of nail polish, make-up and jewellery.

You can use skin care products but not in excess.

Wear colourful turbans to look different.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest amritdaari girl

What I tend to do is keep my face and clothes simple, but like to wear designer. Wear nice expensive shoes/bags accessories, but not makeup.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsaa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

My dear sister, I can understand what you must be going through. I know you are aware that those things are not right, but it is hard for you to stop.
If you want to stop everything, you have to become a strong singhni. You have to do lots and lots of naam simran, baani, alll the nitnem paath, ardaas to Maharaj ji. Once Guru ji does so much Kirpa, your surti will start to become more and more pure. Waheguru ji is the purest! His children start becoming like Him with more Naam Kamaai.
Think about how much Karam you are making! Our karams are already soooo soooo much from so many previous life times! This is your life to kill all those karams and not make more karams! When we look at others and think about maya, we do keep on making karam. In Anand Sahib Guru Sahib says your eyes were not even made to see these things! They were made to see Waheguru ji!

There is a saakhi, forgive me I dont properly remember. In the olden times there was a very "beautiful", proudy women. Everyone in te village used to look at her. But Kabir ji was the only pure one there. She would be very proud of her beauty and apply mascara on her eyes and go out. After a long time when she died, Kabir ji was passing and saw a skull in which the sockets where eyes are, were filled with ants. Kabir ji said that once this women used to put mascara in her eyes and on the same places now ants live here. It was something like that.
In our generation, we are bombarded by images from adds, media so so much. Guys have wallpapers of cars on their laptops, women can't resist to look at model's posters again while passing somewhere. Try to recognize maya. If we do not know what is maya we keep doing wrong. Maya is all the model's picture we see, the tv dramas we see about relationships, even the non-khalsa colors we see! All our 5 sences are DRIVEN by maya... we take a second breath when smell some scent.. the songs we hear are wrong too.
Once Mata Sulakhni ji came to Guru Nanak Dev ji and did not look too happy. She said all the women around her wear fancy clothes, but she only wears white suit. Guru Sahib ji said not to look at them, and stay in saadgi.

It is all in our itihaas that Guru ji dosnt like all those decorations. So many time in Gurbani Guru ji mentions jewellery. You are Guru jis daughter, you have to listen to Guru ji. Do you think Mata Sahib Kaur ji wore make up? You should look like your Mata ji!

Even thought we are born in such Kaliyug, Guru Sahib still keeps on doing soo soo much Kirpa! I know Gursikhs our age who do not many things because they have FELT that these indeed disturbs your soul alot... They don't watch TV ( Don't even have Tv in their house), don't go to malls (there is SO MUCH disturbance happens to your soul in that place filled with loud noices and SO MUCH MAYA), don't have manmukh frnds ( Kabir jir said what do I talk to worldly people, they don't know about God. And all I talk about is God).
Also, we aren't really showing people how Amritdharis are suppose to be. I am telling you how it effects me. Truly, I don't want to be rude with you, my sister, but it really is disturbing for me when I see girls with keski wearing dresses. Please please don't wear dresses if you can. When I look at them.. I just can't seem to see them as Guru Gobind Singh ji's Daughters. I have tried so many times to see them that high, but I just can't seem to do that. I see girls doing Keertan at Gurdwara, my heart kinda sinks. Once I was trying to prove my family that Gursikhs are not suppose to wear jewellery. I was trying to convince my mom to wear them off. After a month my mom came with a Gurdwara calender which had a pic on women with keski wearing a big necklace. I did'nt have anything to say. I work with people and our manager ties Dastaar but does her eyebrows. My co-workers are punjabi aunties, and they talk how Amritdharis are fake. Once me and my friends were doing veechar about khands, and one girl said I am so bad that wen I think about Sachkhand, I think it is filled with bags and purses! I am sorry, my intention is only to explain how people get effected by this, but I really respect you for who you are.

Do 1 hour Simran, do Ardaas to Guru ji, then throw away all your cosmetics into garbage. Just do that. You want Guru ji to stand beside you when you go to Dharamraj. You don't want to take birth again and be more separated from Waheguru ji.

Also, SANGAT MATTERS!!!! Have Gursikhs sangat and eliminate manmukh frnds who bring maya vibes to you!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsaa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

My dear sister, I can understand what you must be going through. I know you are aware that those things are not right, but it is hard for you to stop.

If you want to stop everything, you have to become a strong singhni. You have to do lots and lots of naam simran, baani, alll the nitnem paath, ardaas to Maharaj ji. Once Guru ji does so much Kirpa, your surti will start to become more and more pure. Waheguru ji is the purest! His children start becoming like Him with more Naam Kamaai.

Think about how much Karam you are making! Our karams are already soooo soooo much from so many previous life times! This is your life to kill all those karams and not make more karams! When we look at others and think about maya, we do keep on making karam. In Anand Sahib Guru Sahib says your eyes were not even made to see these things! They were made to see Waheguru ji!

There is a saakhi, forgive me I dont properly remember. In the olden times there was a very "beautiful", proudy women. Everyone in te village used to look at her. But Kabir ji was the only pure one there. She would be very proud of her beauty and apply mascara on her eyes and go out. After a long time when she died, Kabir ji was passing and saw a skull in which the sockets where eyes are, were filled with ants. Kabir ji said that once this women used to put mascara in her eyes and on the same places now ants live here. It was something like that.

In our generation, we are bombarded by images from adds, media so so much. Guys have wallpapers of cars on their laptops, women can't resist to look at model's posters again while passing somewhere. Try to recognize maya. If we do not know what is maya we keep doing wrong. Maya is all the model's picture we see, the tv dramas we see about relationships, even the non-khalsa colors we see! All our 5 sences are DRIVEN by maya... we take a second breath when smell some scent.. the songs we hear are wrong too.

Once Mata Sulakhni ji came to Guru Nanak Dev ji and did not look too happy. She said all the women around her wear fancy clothes, but she only wears white suit. Guru Sahib ji said not to look at them, and stay in saadgi.

It is all in our itihaas that Guru ji dosnt like all those decorations. So many time in Gurbani Guru ji mentions jewellery. You are Guru jis daughter, you have to listen to Guru ji. Do you think Mata Sahib Kaur ji wore make up? You should look like your Mata ji!

Even thought we are born in such Kaliyug, Guru Sahib still keeps on doing soo soo much Kirpa! I know Gursikhs our age who do not many things because they have FELT that these indeed disturbs your soul alot... They don't watch TV ( Don't even have Tv in their house), don't go to malls (there is SO MUCH disturbance happens to your soul in that place filled with loud noices and SO MUCH MAYA), don't have manmukh frnds ( Kabir jir said what do I talk to worldly people, they don't know about God. And all I talk about is God).

Also, we aren't really showing people how Amritdharis are suppose to be. I am telling you how it effects me. Truly, I don't want to be rude with you, my sister, but it really is disturbing for me when I see girls with keski wearing dresses. Please please don't wear dresses if you can. When I look at them.. I just can't seem to see them as Guru Gobind Singh ji's Daughters. I have tried so many times to see them that high, but I just can't seem to do that. I see girls doing Keertan at Gurdwara, my heart kinda sinks. Once I was trying to prove my family that Gursikhs are not suppose to wear jewellery. I was trying to convince my mom to wear them off. After a month my mom came with a Gurdwara calender which had a pic on women with keski wearing a big necklace. I did'nt have anything to say. I work with people and our manager ties Dastaar but does her eyebrows. My co-workers are punjabi aunties, and they talk how Amritdharis are fake. Once me and my friends were doing veechar about khands, and one girl said I am so bad that wen I think about Sachkhand, I think it is filled with bags and purses! I am sorry, my intention is only to explain how people get effected by this, but I really respect you for who you are.

Do 1 hour Simran, do Ardaas to Guru ji, then throw away all your cosmetics into garbage. Just do that. You want Guru ji to stand beside you when you go to Dharamraj. You don't want to take birth again and be more separated from Waheguru ji.

Also, SANGAT MATTERS!!!! Have Gursikhs sangat and eliminate manmukh frnds who bring maya vibes to you!

I agree with almost everything you've written but there's one point I'm not too sure about. Say for example if a Singhni does not wear Guru ji's bana full-time, then is there really any difference between her wearing jeans or a dress? Of course, at the gurdwara or when doing kirtan on stage it's best to wear bana or a Panjabi suit, but outside of the gurdwara if you don't wear bana 24/7 then why does it matter if you are wearing a dress or jeans etc?

Guest tuhintuhin

@ topic

make it your slave, don't become slave to it

you won't be able to grow spiritually, if there are any unfulfilled materialistic desire in your heart.........you might become ok for a while but after some time that desire will come back to haunt you............

so go for it..........once fulfilled and doing it over an over again you'll get fed up or bored with it,,,,,,and then come back to the path wholeheartedly...........

some people have desires for stuff not available to them, which is different..........some have them but don't use them........this is what you should have, no desire or excitement to use this stuff while having full access to them..........like this you have become the master of your desires, not slave....

wahegur bhalla karan

@ topic

make it your slave, don't become slave to it

you won't be able to grow spiritually, if there are any unfulfilled materialistic desires in your heart.........you might become ok for a while but after some time that desire will come back to haunt you............

so go for it..........once fulfilled and doing it over an over again you'll get fed up or bored with it or figure out "it's nothing",,,,,,and then come back to the path wholeheartedly...........

some people have desires for stuff not available to them, which is different..........some have them but don't use them........this is what you should have, no desire or excitement to use this stuff while having full access to them..........like this you have become the master of your desires, not slave....

eh tush cheeza tuhade te waheguru de ppyar nu kuch ni kar sakdiaa.....use them in a positive way....do it but change your thinking perspective.......do it "with love" for "Guru ji", not for outer world......I know Guru ji doesn''t care about how we look.......but the point is expereincing "pure and innocent love for HIM" that you are having while fulfilling your desire.....

Like sometimes......a child makes a drawing for mother.....which is just a rough sketch making no sense to her, but she loves it dearly........coz it's done for her, with love.....ik wife apne husband layi tyaar hundi hai physically......ki waheguru husband ton vi geya guzreya hai........waheguru layi mann ton tyar hunde aa.....je tan karke vi ho gaye sone te suhaga...it can only be felt........it's all individual choice to get ready for him with simplicity or with excitement.......

Guru ji is not so childish who will say...oh you got nail polish on, I don't love you now.......

spiritualism is not strictness...it's going deep deep in love, beyond imagination, rules, time and restrictions......

waheguru bhalla karan

I know how you feel Bhenji... it is very difficult to become totally excluded in this extremely image concious world.

What you must understand is that these things are necessary to display your individuality. People forget the importance of actions and behaviour. When people get to know you they can see what your about. Self expression can be shown through this. Myself, I see no wrong in wearing jewellery (unless piercings and expensive metals gold, silver etc) if you are not wearing loads and do not come attached to it. As for make up, a little tinted moisturiser and clear lip balm/gloss is okay. I'm sure your beautiful without this and do not need it however this is your choice entirely.

And don't worry, it wasn't petty for you to ask. I am sure just like you and me a lot of girls think about this.

Hope this has been of some help :happy2:

I agree with almost everything you've written but there's one point I'm not too sure about. Say for example if a Singhni does not wear Guru ji's bana full-time, then is there really any difference between her wearing jeans or a dress? Of course, at the gurdwara or when doing kirtan on stage it's best to wear bana or a Panjabi suit, but outside of the gurdwara if you don't wear bana 24/7 then why does it matter if you are wearing a dress or jeans etc?

Western dresses mostly are not too decent. As far as I know, they show too much skin. Jeans covers your body well. That is just how I feel about it. But again, I do give my full respect to everyone.

In my opinion, I have seen Amritdhari girls wear tight leggings which are pretty transparent. To me it just dosn't feel too right. If we dress in too designer clothing, your birtii gets diverted too. I don't know about others, but I have felt that. You start to concentrate too much on your clothes and start looking at people's clothes and start comparing. You can't really continue Naam Simran 24/7 as Guru Sahib hukams.

About baana, I have friends who wear bana to university! I am not saying everyone should do that, just wanted to mention because that is so awesome! :)

But I respect everybody!