Minty Breath while simran?

Guest missk

Guest missk

WkkWkf,

I recently started doing sirmran, I am still on the first stage for most of the time I guess ( repition with my tongue ). Of recent I've noticed the back of throat feels very minty/fresh . Is this because my mouth is open (since I'm reciting) for most of the time while I do simran?

Also whenever I start my simran, I notice in the beginning I go through emotional ups and downs.

Does this happen to anyone else? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you :)

yes! emotional ups and down I have definately felt. Sometimes, when doing simran I feel like I should tell everyone the truth about how i feel about them, like people you don't like and I convince myelf I have to go pesh for the slightest little thing. Then I feel sad. Then I feel happy and get al confused. Although, you souldnt think of anything when doing simran, just waheguru, but once in a while my mind wonders and thats how i feel. Sometimes i want to go and cry to my mum, then i remember how old i am, im not a 5year old. Then i find it funny then i laugh at myself. i dont know if thats what you mean but, that is the kind of experience i have. The mint breath may be that you get up in the morning to do simran, which is teh best time and i assume it is just a short while after you have brushed your teeth, and thiss fresh feeling comes to you. /nothing bad about that, just take it a blessing.

I go thru the emotional ups and downs too when doing simran, but that's due to things happening in my life.
Defends upon what you have been through life and what your state of mind is at the moment too.
Some people talk about bairaag, maybe you are going thru that.
Minty fresh, hmm, dont know, colgate tha ni fasgea danda ch.

Sorry about that comment above, u may get that taste too, just let it pass and dont think of it too much.

Guest misskaur

I go thru the emotional ups and downs too when doing simran, but that's due to things happening in my life.

Defends upon what you have been through life and what your state of mind is at the moment too.

Some people talk about bairaag, maybe you are going thru that.

Minty fresh, hmm, dont know, colgate tha ni fasgea danda ch.

Thanks :) I don't think its biaraag, too much of a noob for that as yet !

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

Yes, I have also been experiencing a minty taste in my mouth & similarly to yourself I am at the first stages... Just feel like there's so much more to come. Pure Anand but focus is key.

Very good thread keep up the Good work

What happens is as you start the simran your consciousness goes into a new experience which has an effect on your mind

Then the ego haumai gets strong because he is resident in the mind and tries to kick the simran out