Why do we go to a Gurudwara?

JSinghnz

A Gurudwara goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to Gurudwara every Sunday. “I have gone for 30 years now”, he wrote “and in that time I have heard something like 3000 days of kirtan and katha. But for the life of me, I can’t remember a single one of them. So I think I am wasting my time and the Giani are wasting theirs by doing kirtan and katha. This started a real controversy in the “Letters to the Editor” column. Much to the delight of the editor, it went on for week until someone wrote this clincher: I have been married for 30 years now. In that time, my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this. They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to Gurudwara for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today. When you are DOWN to nothing, God is UP to something.

Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible.

Thank God for our physical and our spiritual nourishment.

www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaidesikh/

This reminds me of the Dhan Dhan Bhagat Kabeer Sahib Jee's Salok:

(http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5126)

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Salok Kabeer Jee on Pannaa 1372
kbIr swcw siqguru ikAw krY jau isKw mih cUk ] kabeer saachaa sathigur kiaa karai jo sikhaa mehi chook || Kabeer, what can the True Guru do, when His Sikhs are at fault? AMDy eyk n lwgeI ijau bWsu bjweIAY PUk ]158] a(n)dhhae eaek n laagee jio baa(n)s bajaaeeai fook ||158|| The blind do not take in any of His Teachings; it is as useless as blowing into bamboo. ||158||

This reminds me of the Dhan Dhan Bhagat Kabeer Sahib Jee's Salok:

(http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5126)

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Salok Kabeer Jee on Pannaa 1372
ਕਬੀਰ ਸਾਚਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਕਿਆ ਕਰੈ ਜਉ ਸਿਖਾ ਮਹਿ ਚੂਕ ॥
Kabeer Saachaa Sathigur Kiaa Karai Jo Sikhaa Mehi Chook ||
Kabeer, what can the True Guru do, when His Sikhs are at fault?
ਅੰਧੇ ਏਕ ਨ ਲਾਗਈ ਜਿਉ ਬਾਂਸੁ ਬਜਾਈਐ ਫੂਕ ॥੧੫੮॥
Andhhae Eaek N Laagee Jio Baans Bajaaeeai Fook ||158||
The blind do not take in any of His Teachings; it is as useless as blowing into bamboo. ||158||

This shabad kills all arguements.

Much to the delight of the editor, it went on for week until someone wrote this clincher: I have been married for 30 years now. In that time, my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this. They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to Gurudwara for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today. When you are DOWN to nothing, God is UP to something.

Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible.

Thank God for our physical and our spiritual nourishment.

I want to like this one thousand times.