is it a myth or is it true regarding hari singh nalwa

cgy99100

mirch13 and singh559

first singh 559 actually i stated more then one right thing on this thread but a blind sheep would never notice that

mirch13 first i never insulted hari singh nalwa and please point out one lie or one wrong fact i stated

in this thread the two things i have asked is to name the territories in which the pathans were conquered like peshawar khyber pass

i never said hari singh nalwa was not a hero only a blind sheep would assume that

secondly the story about mothers across afghanistan scaring kids with hari singh nalwa's name is something that is worth questioning

considering sikhs did not conquere present day afghanistan

considering alexander mauryan empire turks mongols mughals nadar shah conquered afghanistan why didn't any afghan mother scare their kids with names from those empires

theirs also a myth that afghanistan can't be conquered

but then their was alexander mauryans turks mongols mughals nadar shah and explained how brits ran a train and took afghanistan but cause afghanistan was so poor they were losing more money then they were making and took most their troops out as well brits smoked the afghans in the second and third war

one myth mothers across afghanistan used hari singh nalwa's name to scare their kids

but sikhs never conquered present day afghanistan

maybe

what people meant is the mothers of peshawar and khyber pass were terrorised by hari singh nalwa and not afghanistan

second myth afghanistan can't be conquered but it has bin many times

maybe

what people are doing to twist facts around are saying afghanistan hasn't bin conquered since it was created in 1747 hiding its history of being conquered by many empires just to maybe sell news papers

and GPS please tell me your researching the facts especially second afghan anglo war and the results of this war cause you made a claim that brits gained zero pathan land and all the pathan land they had came from sikhs but if you study the second anglo afghan war you would notice that GSP YOUR FACTS ARE WRONG AND YOU LOSE CREDIBILITY IN THE DEBATE

as well GPS many pakistani pathans tend to be happy with pakistan but many afghan pathans want the pathan land and the pathans in pakistan to join back with afghanistan and afghan pathans look down on muslim punjabis and muslim kashmires cause they see their ancestors as the coward hindus that were converted to islam by the pathan sword and don't like the fact punjabi muslims make largest portion of pakistan and in a democracy meaning pathans have to live under a punjabi muslim government so problem with pathans getting peshawar back is many pathans in pakistan dont want to leave pakistan and the isi is playing the pathans pretty bad considering taliban are isi puppets and pakistan wanna play king maker in afghanistan

now as well many pakistanis believe their ancestors were converted by sufi's but just talking about afghan pathans and what they think about pakistanis

as well noticed people on this thread trying to insults at me cause their blind sheep

cgy99100

Do check your history background. Ist anglo afghan war was fought when punjab was under sikhs. Afghans slaughtered all british and poorbias accompanying them. A total humiliating defeat for brits which never allowed them to dare to stay in afghnaistan

2nd anglo afghan war ended in treaty and only foreign affairs went under british.

and now you should shut your mouth after i give you a link from your own wazirstan sources that says sikhs ahd captured wazirstan.

Stop lying and quit like a gentleman if you have any self respect.

You wrote

gps

please answer what was the result of the second afghan anglo war

wasn't it forcing afghanistan to hand over regions like waziristan

this fact hear alone proves you shouldn't be in this thread since you really don't know what your talking about

Pl do read.This is from a biased source favouring pathans but fact does not remain hidden that sikhs were always there.And when they control khyber pass they control everything this side of pass. wazirstan is not beyond khyber pass.

And when we say pathans we mean afghans original.Like pakistan Punjab you will find people in india too calling themselves as pathans.but they are not pure and are cross bred.Pathan is a native of afghanistan.

http://waziristanhills.com/Home/History/tabid/68/language/en-GB/Default.aspx

Waziristan: Through the Annals of History

Sikh Rule

Ahmad Shah Baba died
in1773 and the Sikhs once again started their expeditions. For the
first time they entered into Bannu in 1819 under the command of Mahraja
Ranjeet Singh. They maintained their hold till 1846. During this period
the Wazir fought side by side along the Bannuchis, Marwats and Isa Khels
against the Sikhs.

In
1842, Isa Khels Niazi Pathans rose against the Sikhs and attacked the
police station. The Sikhs attacked Isa Khels under the command of Sardar
Saucheet Singh. After severe fighting, Nawab of Mankerey named Ahmad
Khan along with his friends took refuge in Waziristan.

In
1843, Ghazi Dalasa Khan, rose against the Sikhs and started attacks on
them. He also sought help from the people of Waziristan, when Dalasa
Khan became weak against Karak Singh and Sardar Fateh. The Sikhs became
angry and decided to attack Waziristan, especially Haider Khel, Mullagan
and Ipi villages. They sent army under the command of Dewan Tara Chand
but on the way they were attacked and thus the Sikhs fled to Bannu after
considerable losses.

The
Dawars continued their attacks on Sikhs cantonments, camps and convoys
under the leadership of Ghazi Dalasa Khan. In 1844, a big army of Sikhs
under the command of Ram Singh marched towards Tochi. When the army
reached village Tapi, Dawars attacked them. The Sikhs were defeated and
the tribes got a huge booty. After this defeat the Sikhs not only
withdrew their forces from Tochi, but soon after some years left Bannu.

After
the downfall of Mughals and Durrani empires, the Sikhs, who followed
them, could extend their sway only up to Tank in the Derajat. Their
short rule was confined to sporadic forays on the western fringes of
Derajat, and as for as they dared, they went Waziristan. They were
barely able to extract some tribute from the clans on the fringes.

In
1846, the Sikhs signed an agreement with the British in Lahore. Under
this agreement the British officers, General Cortland and Maj. Edward
were appointed in the Sikh administration of Bannu by the British.

When
Maj. Edward strengthened his position in Bannu, then he stretches his
hands to Tochi valley. For the collection of information from Dawar
territory, he kept the Sikhs and Hindu monks as spies. In 1847, Maj.
Edward had collected all information about their villages, ammunition,
Maliks, and their population as well.

do you think maybe hari singh nalwa scared the day lights out of mothers of peshawar and khyber path region and masala

got added to the story just like stories of guys fighting battles with head in one hand and sword in another and story was

afghan mothers scared their kids just a theory to throw out their

Do you know anything about battle of saragarhi. It seems you do not. 21 sikh soldiers held your 10000 at bay and finally each one of them died fighting there but never left field.

That is the stuff sikhs are made up of.That is why a saint-soldier baba deep singh fought with head on his palm.Yes he did it and we believe 100 percent in this.

hey sorry i guess i can see how i may hurt some people's feelings who choose to live their lives like blind sheep

No too late, I've been weeping buckets all night. I can feel my heart with cracks inside....LOL, you wish! :D

ill start another thread regarding that subject

No please spare us the trouble. You haven't provided a single link to your claims, we've provided several. You're not the first one of this type on this forum, just remember that. Give us your references before you move your fingers to type a post, else don't bother.

Someone told me they use to leave his Kachera hanging on a tree and Pathans would run away seeing that. I don't know if that's true

Do you have a picture of that kachera for our Pathaan friend?

sikhistan im not affected by true facts regarding the sikh raj actually im proud of their accomplishments but theirs a difference between fairy tale stories like men fighting battles with their head in one hand and sword in other or one sikh can take on 125 000 men at once

OK, I thought you were a Sikh as well, but its a little clearer now. The fairy tales as you like to call them are a matter of faith. The 1 vs 125,000 especially i dont think you understnad this. No-one says that 1 Sikh will beat 125,000, but that 1 Sikh will not fear to fight and die, even if there are 125,000 of the enemy.ie he will not lose heart and feel the odds unsurmountable, but will instead give it his best shot. Did you think that 1 Sikh could fight and beat 125,000 of the enemy?

thats why im asking people to list the lands hari singh nalwa conquered that pathans called home as well try to understand what would

motivate afghan mothers across afghanistan to use hari singh nalwa name to scare their kids considering modern day afghanistan wasn't conquered by sikhs

Nalwa had become like a boogeyman for the pathans, in that he was non-pathan ruling over pathans with an iron fist, as well as inflicting embarrassing defeats on the pathans. Wherever they rose against Nalwa, the pathans were crushed, be it in a village or larger areas. The mothers were using this as a scare-tactic to get their kids to sleep otherwise Nalwa will come for them.

In Panjab there is a saying that mothers use" saun ja mannu-an, manno billi aayi aa" to get their kids to go to sleep.

Who knows(and cares) if it were true or not? It could be just humiliation of Pathans to admit it happened, and on the flip side, it could be an act of braggadocio from the Sikhs.