Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji Give Someone the Death Penalty?

The Prachin Panth Prakash is controversial. I am no scholar and do not have the time at present to get into what is controversial etc so I will not do that now. You should be able to find inaccuracies in the book and talks about these on the internet. I still do not believe the story about the masands.

It could maybe be that the Guru ordered punishment (not death but just some sort of punishment) and it is the Singhs who administered it in such a way without the Gurus consent?

I don't feel it sits right. I don't believe it.

why would you think guru ji never killed anyone , do you like to think about fairy tales and that our guru would walk in war with flower in hand?

our father is a khashatri , he himself never refrained from doing righteous deeds - including killing people in battle .

example how he chopped the attacker in half when he was attacked in sleep.

i know its different between passing judgement and killing in war

even though he ordered to kill in sirhind for chote sahib jaade

Sorry if im rude

So whats the difference between Sikhs and the Taliban? Defending yourself in war is different from giving someone the death penalty! I can understand especially if they did very bad deeds but me for one cannot see our Great Father doing this.

Someone who was against oppression the way the Mughals ran there empire.

So whats the difference between Sikhs and the Taliban? Defending yourself in war is different from giving someone the death penalty! I can understand especially if they did very bad deeds but me for one cannot see our Great Father doing this.

Someone who was against oppression the way the Mughals ran there empire.

How do you equate Guru Sahib's justice to oppression?

Looks like some of the veers have pre-conceived notions on how guru maharaj nature should be, same mindset of sikhs had issue with guru maharaj chopping heads of five singhs to test their love and join them together, they were many sikhs who left gathering in 1699 because their pre-conceived notions could not fathom guru maharaj divine/profound/un-imaginable actions.Guru Maharaj does not need sikhs to define an role for them, they were sent by sri akaal purkh as their own incarnation to get rid of oppression/corruptness, destroy tyranny and to spread dharma (righteousness) and to join people with shabad-gyan/nirgun paratma- timeless- akaal purkh as there were many people around that time were confining sri akaal purkh to sargun roop like only object or idol only.

I think it best for veers to study in depth on overall concept of Avtar and their different kala/powers obviously guru maharaj has limitless powers from sri akaal purkh as they were most profound and divine incarnation of vahiguroo ji in sargun saroop.

Looks like some of the veers have pre-conceived notions on how guru maharaj nature should be, same mindset of sikhs had issue with guru maharaj chopping heads of five singhs to test their love and join them together, they were many sikhs who left gathering in 1699 because their pre-conceived notions could not fathom guru maharaj divine/profound/un-imaginable actions.Guru Maharaj does not need sikhs to define an role for them,

True say. :D

Yeah now you say that........

Even still how could the same Guru kill people in such a burtal way? The same Guru who had gold on his arrows so the enemy who was shot could get treatment.

soldiers following orders on the battlefield are equal to people looting/raping in the name of religion? People who burnt baba ram rai alive were also punished correct?

I guess harnaaksh shouldnt have been killed by narsing either.....

Waheguru

Even still how could the same Guru kill people in such a burtal way? The same Guru who had gold on his arrows so the enemy who was shot could get treatment.

The killing of enemies in war is different as they have the moral duty to fight. I had this same doubt but then my doubts were cleared by a Gurmukh who explained me that when a a branch is young you can mold which ever way you like but when the branch becomes older and stiff you have to cut it when it comes in your way of righteousness.