Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji Give Someone the Death Penalty?

I refuse to believe Maharaj killed the masands in such a manner, if killing them at all. It is not from Janam Sakhis. It is from a book written by some man whom I said worshipped Hindu Gods or something similar way after Guru Gobind Singh Ji left this world (some time in the 1800s). I remember reading about this on another forum.

Think about it, if Guru Ji was ready to meet Aurangazeb and forgive him, do you actually think he would have given some people such a torture and death over stealing some money? Come off it. As I said, I firmly believe it has been made up to discredit Guru Ji.

Even if a scholar says it is true, it doesn't mean it is. They are only saying what they have read from inaccurate books.

I refuse to believe Maharaj killed the masands in such a manner, if killing them at all. It is not from Janam Sakhis. It is from a book written by some man whom I said worshipped Hindu Gods or something similar way after Guru Gobind Singh Ji left this world (some time in the 1800s). I remember reading about this on another forum.

Think about it, if Guru Ji was ready to meet Aurangazeb and forgive him, do you actually think he would have given some people such a torture and death over stealing some money? Come off it. As I said, I firmly believe it has been made up to discredit Guru Ji.

Even if a scholar says it is true, it doesn't mean it is. They are only saying what they have read from inaccurate books.

Guru ji never killed any masand.

My source is Jeevan Virtant Guru Gobind Singh by Prof. Sahib Singh. I will post, what i know.

why would you think guru ji never killed anyone , do you like to think about fairy tales and that our guru would walk in war with flower in hand?

our father is a khashatri , he himself never refrained from doing righteous deeds - including killing people in battle .

example how he chopped the attacker in half when he was attacked in sleep.

i know its different between passing judgement and killing in war

even though he ordered to kill in sirhind for chote sahib jaade

Sorry if im rude

why would you think guru ji never killed anyone , do you like to think about fairy tales and that our guru would walk in war with flower in hand?

our father is a khashatri , he himself never refrained from doing righteous deeds - including killing people in battle .

example how he chopped the attacker in half when he was attacked in sleep.

even though he ordered to kill in sirhind for chote sahib jaade

Sorry if im rude

Its just about masand. Guru ji never killed any masand. :biggrin2:

So why say what you said in your post then?

Of course I know Guru Ji killed. But in war. Even there, look how merciful Maharaj was, putting gold coins in the arrows that killed the enemy so that the family of the deceased did not have to suffer monetarily. Never in the case of these masands though. Its fabricated.

this is from prof. Sahib Singh Ji book Jeewan virtant Guru Gobind Singh.

Masands were indulged in all sort of immoral activities, but no sikh ever complained about it to Guru ji. One day pand/marasi(people who acts portraying characters) did an act in Guru Sahib's Darbar one played as masand and another played as Gursikh. Which showed how badly sikhs were treated by masands and indulged themself in immortal behaviour and drinking. This play cleared the picture in front of Guru Sahib. In 1701 Guru ji dismissed masand system and all the daswand was ordered to be brought in Guru Sahib's darbar directly. It never talks about killing of any masand.

"Guru Gobind Singh, who was still alive when Banda Bahadur embarked upon his mission, learnt of the plunder and the devastation of Sirhind at the hands of Banda."

This is quote from book Sahib-e-kamaal Guru Gobind singh by Lala Daulat Rai on pg144. Guru ji's Jyoti jyot samana date and killing of wazir khan have near about couple of years gap. This is literature which is commonly distributed and read by sikhs, you can imagine what kind of historical knowledge is there. Book is attached for evidence.

Sahibe.Kamaal.Sri.Guru.Gobind.Singh.Ji.by.Daulat.Rai.(GurmatVeechar.com).pdf

The Masand incident is documented in Pracheen Panth Parkash as such:

ਮਸੰਦਨ ਪਰ ਜਬ ਪਰ ਗਈ ਬਾਈ । ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਤਿਨ ਦਯੋ ਫੁਕਾਈ ।
ਤਿਹ ਪਰ ਦੀਨੋ ਡੇਹਰੋ ਚਿਨਵਾਇ । ਹੁਤੋ ਪਿੰਡ ਤਿਸ ਤਾਂ ਪਰਨਾਇ ।੧੪।
ਦੋਹਰਾ : ਗੁਰ ਸੰਗਤ ਉਨ ਤੋੜ ਬਹੁ ਤਿਹ ਥਾਂ ਲਈ ਪਰਸਾਇ ।
ਐਸੀ ਐਸੀ ਬਾਤ ਸੁਨ ਦਏ ਮਸੰਦ ਮਰਵਾਇ ।੧੫।
ਚੌਪਈ : ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹੁਕਮ ਖਾਲਸੈ ਭਯੋ । ਮਸੰਦ ਭੇਟ ਚੰਡੀ ਕਰ ਦਯੋ ।
ਕਈ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਕਈ ਨੀਹ ਚਣਾਇ । ਕਈ ਘਸੀਟ ਮਾਰੇ ਕਈ ਤੇਲ ਤਲਾਇ ।੧੬।
When the masands were struck by such a perverted thought,
They also got a copy of the sacred Guru Granth Sahib burnt.
They also got their own place of worship constructed at a place,
Where they had committed such a heinous deed. (14)
Dohra : They disintegrated the Sikh congregations at many places,
And merged these splintered groups into their own following.
When the Guru came to hear about such a development,
He ordered an immediate execution of the masands. (15)
Chaupai : When the Singhs received such a decree from the Guru,
They massacred and burnt alive all the masands.
Some were slaughtered; some were buried alive in walls,
Still others were dragged and roasted in cauldrons of boiling oil. (16)