Stockton Gurudwara committee changes nitnem banis

GPS

We all were happy that management committee of stockton showed wisdom in cancelling dhundha's programme. Buth that was a mere deception. They cancelled his programme fearing a massive backlash of local sangat that is pro panth.

Comimittee is managed by ex sikh youth america a rogue group that has godfathers like pritpal singh of dummy AGPC ( committee without any Gurudwara)a tout of sarna.Sarna being defeated and dhundha shown the door at stockton they showed their rogue face by cancelling two banis of morning nitnem. There sre five banis in morning nitnem and all these fives also read at the time of amrit sanchar,

this is the extent to which these unethical people go to tarnish sikh maryada. PLease write to akal takhat jathedar and sgpc head in massive numbers so that such nefarious people do not do such acts somewhere else.

there is a hukamnama from five singh sahibans in 1985 stating that there are five banis in morning nitnem.this gurudwara has been reading all those banis till dhundha came on the scene.All Gurudwaras and amritdhari singhs who do nitnem read five banis in the morning.

I akal takhat rehat maryada the three banis japji sahib, jaap sahib and tavparsad swaiye . so this is according to panth parvanit rehat maryada

there is a hukamnama from five singh sahibans in 1985 stating that there are five banis in morning nitnem.this gurudwara has been reading all those banis till dhundha came on the scene.All Gurudwaras and amritdhari singhs who do nitnem read five banis in the morning.

Five Baanis of Nitnem have been in place since first Amrit Sanchaar by Guru Gobind Singh Jee, not just 1985. There are many historical proofs of this.

There is no doubt about this. Let this thread/topic be focused on the Gurdwara committee's actions and what are the next steps for Sangat to take in order to solve this problem.

(and for all of those people who say to me things like "let missionaries do whatever they want, just ignore them..... They can't do anything, no one follows them". WELL YOU"RE WRONG. These people have the capability of influencing the Sangat on a large scale, and I have been seeing them trying to finish Sikhi for many years now. Slowly but surely, they are progressing in their agenda. Ignoring them won't do anything. We must address the missionaries and prof. darshan singh/kala-afghana groups/associates directly and solve the problem. This is one of the biggest problems in Sikhi today. You may not know it, but it is happening right under your nose. You think these people are doing parchaar and saving you from fake babas and saving you from hinduism/brahmanism? Open your eyes and ears, think a little with your brain and see the reality of the situation. These people have put on clothes and garments similar to yours (like a trojan horse) and entered Guru's houses and your houses. Sikhi can't be defeated from the outside until the inside is destroyed first. WAKE UP.)

I agree with you about reading 5 nitnem Banis. Unfortunately according to the Akal Takh the morning Nitnem is only 3 Banis. So technically they are only following the Akal Takht Maryadha. Atleast they have not cancelled reading Jaap sahib and Savaiye. So we cannot put them in the Kala Afghanist category because of this move.

I think our list of issues need to be prioritize, well documented, streamlined... so that we don't waste our energy and resources at low priority issues....to be honest 3 banis or 5 banis is bit of non issue on a broader panthic level.. yes maryada of 3 nitnem or 5 nitnem banis needs to be stream lined and discussed among panthic scholars but thats pretty much it. This should not be in our list of high priority issues. Besides at the end of day, there is no ban for sikhs worldwide to do more than 3 banis in fact more gurbani are encouraged so there is room for flexiblity, if someone really wants to get anand out of nitneem- they will regardless with maharaj kirpa- be it 3 or 5 nitnem banis.!!!

I agree with you about reading 5 nitnem Banis. Unfortunately according to the Akal Takh the morning Nitnem is only 3 Banis. So technically they are only following the Akal Takht Maryadha. Atleast they have not cancelled reading Jaap sahib and Savaiye. So we cannot put them in the Kala Afghanist category because of this move.

I think our list of issues need to be prioritize, well documented, streamlined... so that we don't waste our energy and resources at low priority issues....to be honest 3 banis or 5 banis is bit of non issue on a broader panthic level.. yes maryada of 3 nitnem or 5 nitnem banis needs to be stream lined and discussed among panthic scholars but thats pretty much it. This should not be in our list of high priority issues. Besides at the end of day, there is no ban for sikhs worldwide to do more than 3 banis in fact more gurbani are encouraged so there is room for flexiblity, if someone really wants to get anand out of nitneem- they will regardless with maharaj kirpa- be it 3 or 5 nitnem banis.!!!

To both Veer Jee's:

You must realize that small steps add up in the long run. Today it is Nitnem, tomorrow it is Amrit Sanchar.

Also, majority around the world (90+%) follow 5 Baani Nitnem minimum. To impose 3 Baani Nitnem at AmritVela, it breaks the Sangat apart and breaks the Anand in the Sangat.

"if someone really wants to get anand out of nitneem- they will regardless with maharaj kirpa- be it 3 or 5 nitnem banis.!!!"

Then why not do no Nitnem at all and just say Vahiguru once. Even for Amrit Sanchaar, let's do that. Repeat Vahiguru once and that's it. Saying Vahiguru once is infinite amount of Anand!

You see how when we start getting lenient, it opens the door to finish off the basics of Khalsa Panth.