quality control

Guest gee

dear moderators, you have the right to put members under moderation but why don't you give them a chance to explain their point? judgements should come after hearing..... or not?

We do not put someone under quality control because we like to. We give them enough chances to improve, we give them more than 2 warnings to mend their ways. Did you know, there are users on this forum who have been put under QC more than 3 times but refuse to be polite, yet we allow their posts? Did you know that there are folks on here who have been unbanned after being banned more than once, yet we allow their posts? Once its been confirmed that an individual can't change their attitude despite requests and warnings, its only then that the step to put them under QC, or ban them is taken.

For more insight into the stand of the admins/mods, please read my post from a few days ago...

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/70419-why-do-the-mods-keep-locking-threads/?p=570506

Your concern is a genuine one. Its not an easy job being a mod on any forum.

You seem to have been here long enough, I ask you sir, as an esteemed fellow member, how many Gurmat related threads do we have that run into 22 pages? Now tell me, how many "masalledaar" threads we have that end up having 20 plus pages? So I hope you see what I mean. Today someone started a thread insulting Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale. Guess what, it got locked, and if it was left open, then we would have someone ask the question "What the hell is wrong with the mods, why aren't you locking this thread and banning the OP?" Now another thread (which coincidentally you may have liked) got locked, and you have every right to ask why. So sir, I repeat, its not an easy job being a mod. One thing that makes someone happy could enrage another member, and thats the thin line mods have to tread on. Its alright if we're hated for it, thats part of the seva package, all part of the process to ensure things don't get out of hand.

With all due respect (and compassion, which I am allegedly blamed to not possess) I challenge you guys to find me a single thread on this forum in the past 6 years where a controversial issue was discussed and it ended on a happy note with smiles. Please find me one thread where a Panthic issue with varying opinions was discussed and everyone decided to agree to disagree at the end of discussion. I will wait for you to find them. You're right, locking a thread negates the entire purpose of discussion. In the same breath, I also say that none of the mods is happy locking any thread. Someone who has been given a seva wouldn't want to do anything that closes doors to continue that seva. The mods are not owners or controllers of this forum or the discussions that happen here, let me make that very clear. We are mere sevadaars, and there is no single person who is running the show, please trust me on that too. We are the most hated lot on this forum because we have a hard time taking sides. We thought it would help to have some rules, and those rules were made to ensure that unity in the Panth is prioritized under the banner of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib. Looks like half the folks here either don't read them or don't bother to follow them. We encourage members to report posts they find offensive, but even that feature is misused as some folks who can't post without taunting others hit the "Report" button each time they get a response. Now what do you expect mods to do in such cases and how? We're not taking sides, and we're not being partial. Any time anyone feels we are, by all means please let us know.

Thanks, and do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Did you know that N30 Singh constantly harassed me on this forum and nothing was done about it, even after I constantly reported the post. I wish I could say all members get fair treatment here, but that just is not the case. There are a selected few who are free to target and harass others.

Gurfateh,

It is not that we are against your opinions expressed in your topics, replies/posts etc. In fact we encourage and even support most of your opinions and thoughts. The only problem is with the way you express your thoughts or opinion. Granted that other person may not be in full sikhi but it gives no right for others (us) to judge others or say "You are not a Sikh" without even knowing what path other person is going thru. The level of prejudice is too high in us. If you disagree with others or want to express your thoughts or opinions or even when to state facts from books then please "Do it with Nimarta".

As most of us all know that we barely moderate our forums with hard hand and likes to give liberty to our members but in the end, it is impossible to please all.

Disagree as much as you want but do it with nimarta.