Mothers and daughters of the khalsa panth - 32 qualities to perfection

Guest Guv

humans can't be perfection-sorry to say. Only God is perfect. Forget 32, even if we have 3200000000000 qualities as such, we still will not be anywhere near even the charrandhoor of our great gursikhs.

Great videos and the speaker is just wonderful.

But something like this would be better received if it were coming from a Gursikh bibi herself. As it is at the moment it seems like - again - bibis are being dictated to by the Sikh patriarchy --- an accusation I've noticed is gathering steam amongst those who seek to criticise Sikhi and Sikhs.

Hw do u propose kaurs become more active? Why is it so few actually are standbg on gw stages giving talks? Is it them or the current environment? How can we change this????

Brother, I suppose this reluctance to come forward isn't because they are lacking in knowledge or any such thing, but rather a confidence issue. All it takes is one bibi from the current generation, i.e. 18 to 35 if you want to put a number on it, and it will inspire other Sikh females into action.

However they must truly believe what they are presenting or saying. There's no point in giving speeches or lectures on something they don't believe from their soul, or they're just paying lip service to what they think someone in their position should say.

Hw do u propose kaurs become more active? Why is it so few actually are standbg on gw stages giving talks? Is it them or the current environment? How can we change this????

So many reasons..I personally wouldn't speak in public because I don't have the confidence and I don't think my delivery of any given subject would be very good. I'd worry about boring people. Furthermore, I'd worry that everything I'm saying isn't completely accurate, which could lead to people personally attacking me and my family. I've seen it happen on this forum, facebook, youtube and social media in general far too often. Also, I'm a very private person. I don't like being on the internet and I don't particularly want anyone outside of the people I known in person to be able to recognise me (that's if content ends up being recorded).

I'm happy to lead children's camps, do seva within my local sangat and stuff but I wouldn't dream of doing anything on a larger scale. TV, internet etc is out of the question.

• 4 weeks later...