Mom is vegetarian and very sick is it ok to eat egg

Guest Nimani

My mom is very sick has cancer and she is vegetarian never in her life she ate egg or meat. Now she is getting advice of others to start eatin egg. Is it ok to eat eggs like she is eating medicine. Or should she not eat egg because that's what Sikhs are told by gurus. Please suggest.

Guest moorakh

VAHEGUROO JEE KA KHALSA VAHEGUROO JEE KEE FATEH

Under no circumstances should she eat eggs, fish, or meat. This could be a test from Maharaj Jee. Have Bharosa and do as much Path as possible. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee and his father both got better from an almost incurable illness just by doing one Path of Sri Jap(u) Jee Sahib Jee with full faith and devotion. Same is true of Bhai Sahib Bhai Raghbir Singh Jee and his father although i cannot remember which Bani they read. There are other examples as well. If you want i can post them or the links. Remember, have unwavering faith. Sarb Rog Ka Aukhad Naam ||

Remember the faith of Puratan Gursikhs, do constant Ardaas, and no matter how dire the circumstances may seem, DO NOT LOSE FAITH. If you feel you are losing Faith, do more Path, Ardaas, Seva, anything but do let your mind waver. Please read this story to see and increase your faith in the power of Ardaas.

Maharaj Jee Kirpa Karan.

Bhiul Chuk Muaaf

It depends on the level of avastha I am not saying that she should suffer, BUT an example: Sant Kartar Singh Ji Bhindranwale who were pooran brahamgiyanee rab roop mahatma, they didn't allow the operationn to take place after their car accident because kesh would have had to be removed. Other people might say that a person can do what they want then go pesh. I wouldn't say there is a right or wrong answer as the circumstances are very hard, but that is for you to decide. We aren't like against medicine , but maryada should be priority. Doing such thing should be the very very last option. but that is if you are willing to, and in no way for the taste of the tongue, only to be better and do more sewa/simrn.

Why does she need to eat egg? IMHO if someone has kept a strict diet, then they will not be used to eating meat including eggs. It would be better for her to have protein from supplements (bear in mind that some protein supplements contain egg or meat derived protein).

Then again, a Baba ji said I should be fed eggs (when i was a child) for health reasons (hated things like daal).

If she's not had egg all her life then religion and faith aside, I wouldn't just introduce it to the body all of a sudden!! Especially when so many imbalances are already going on !

With regards to not having egg due to hindu/sikh vegeterian diet, then this is a seperate issue.

Medically, if eggs can save her life like a medicine, then no problem in terms of sikhi.

Not many people realise but the common flu-vaccine is made from Egg- extracts. Infact, the content is significant enough to cause a reaction to those that have egg allergies!!

Above I quoted 'hindu veg' because that is what this diet is strictly labelled as.

A gora vegan will not eat any animal products at all which means milk, eggs and all other dairy as well as meat.

But a hindu veg as they call it, will eat dairy,milk and chees but not egg. This causes confusion to some western colleagues.

Most people don't realise that egg is just a waste product from the chick. It is NOT a foetus.

The chick produces eggs according to it's cycle regardless- a little like monthly periods.

But if a rooster is present then the eggs will be fertilised and there will be a foetus, but otherwise these eggs are produced and just discarded as a waste product.

So eating egg, is not like eating meat in the sense of taking a life !

Most gorey don't see much difference in taking milk than to taking cyclic eggs !

As the eggs available for purchase are exactly that, -NO foetus.

Read up about it, and you will understand my point !

I'm not going to say whether she should or not, but I need you to understand exactly what 'eggs' are because the majority of our punjabi and indian population don't realise what they are!!!!

Besides that, I can't understand why she can't take protein drinks to supplement.

Is it the milk content ??

However, If the Dr has specified 'EGG' due to a certain content of an AMINO ACID that the egg can contain, then I see absolutely NO PROBLEM as a sikh or as general advice, as exact contents of amino acid composition cannot be synthesised exactly!!

I wouldn't judge because everyone is at their own level in Sikhi only Guru Sahib can so she should ask Guru Sahib.

With that said quinoa and like kalyugi veer said cottage cheese is great. Quinoa has all the essential amino acids the body needs, you can make a daal or soup out of it. You can buy some on Amazon or from your local supermarket.

I am a medical doctor and I can't think of a situation where eating egg would change the prognosis (outcome ) of an illness

If your mom has a poor diet and is missing particular amino acids/protein, she could have whey protein powder which is made from milk. That also has complete sets of amino acids .