Can Sikhs eat Beef (Cow Meat) or Cow Meat is prohibited in Sikhism?

karanchugh003

First of all Sat Shri AKal Waheguru Ji khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I just wanted to ask my Sikh brothers and sisters whether Beef is prohibited in Sikhism or not.I heard that Sikhs don't worship cow although they respect Hindu culture and don't eat beef just because Hindu's also don't

Also Animal worshipping is rejected in Sikhism although some sikhs respect Hawk or Falcon as is it is associated with Sikhism but they don't worship it.

But Cow isn't considered a mother in Sikh Religion neither Sikhs worship any Animals.

So My Question is Can a Sikh eat beef?I v heard that sikhs can eat Jhatka Meat not halaal meat??

UR VIEWS

you can eat any jhatka meat but not as a luxury

only in neccesity

No sir my question was Can Sikhs eat Beef??

Although I don't think there is any restriction.But I thought better to ask

Some Sikhs say Sikhs can eat

Jhatka meat whereas SGGS neither prohibits nor tells to eat meat.and even in those times Singhs themselves eat meat.

So,it proves what??

and should beef be allowed to Sikhs if Fish,Mutton and Chicken is consumed by about 65% of Sikh Population??

Guest Gupt UNP Singh

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa, WaheguruJiKiFateh,

Karanchugh003, Quick answer: Beef IS prohibited in Sikhi. In short, ALL meat is, which mean Chicken, Lamb, Fish, Eggs AND Beef.

There isn't one rule for Beef, and another rule for all other meats, so there are restrictions.

To be honest, alot of Hindu relgious practices, beliefs and customs have had a knock on effect on most Panjabi people, which can be traced back to Panjab so you'll find alot of "Sikhs" (Panjabi's) who wont eat Beef.

Let me ask you man, what do you think? This is what our Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says this on meat:

"O human being, whatever you can see with your eyes, shall perish.
The world eats dead carcasses, living by neglect and greed. ((Pause))
Like a goblin, or a beast, they kill and eat the forbidden carcasses of meat.
So control your urges, or else you will be seized by the Lord, and thrown into the tortures of hell. (2)"

SGGS Ang 723 ਬੰਦੇ ਚਸਮ ਦੀਦੰ ਫਨਾਇ ॥

ਦੁਨਂ​‍ੀਆ ਮੁਰਦਾਰ ਖੁਰਦਨੀ ਗਾਫਲ ਹਵਾਇ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਗੈਬਾਨ ਹੈਵਾਨ ਹਰਾਮ ਕੁਸਤਨੀ ਮੁਰਦਾਰ ਬਖੋਰਾਇ ॥
ਦਿਲ ਕਬਜ ਕਬਜਾ ਕਾਦਰੋ ਦੋਜਕ ਸਜਾਇ ॥੨॥

banday chasam deedaN fanaa-ay.
duneeN-aa murdaar khurdanee gaafal havaa-ay. rahaa-o.
gaibaan haivaan haraam kustanee murdaar bakhoraa-ay.
dil kabaj kabjaa kaadro dojak sajaa-ay. (2)

LOL and geeza, dont' worry about how much Fish,Mutton and Chicken is consumed by 65% of "Sikh" Population. Let them worry about that.

You just practice as much Sikhi as possible, sort your Jeevan out, just cause everyone else is drowning, don't jump in and start drowning too!

Personally, i gave up meat (incl. Beef) cause I don't agree with killing an animal, just to satisfy my taste buds and my stomach. We're not starving innit, we're not gonna die without meat, so is killing an animal, eating it's flesh just cause everyone else is and it tastes "nice" worth the price? Is it fair? Is it right?

End of thr day bro, it's your decision to make but my personal opinion is don't eat Beef, give up eating all other meats and you'll be healthier, happier, and better off man, but it's up to you =)

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa, WaheguruJiKiFateh,

Just like you have free will so do animals . You are revoking their free will for your gratification when there is ample amount of other foods available. Ask your self this question again?