Is there GOD?

Guest Human

A young man came and asked Sant ji: Sant ji you say there is God.

Sant ji: yes.

The man :show me where he is.

Sant ji :He is everywhere.

Man: No, I want to see him and if you claim he is, show me.

Sant ji kept quite for some time. After a while sant ji opened his eyes and said I am going to do Jaap Sahib.

you just look at me. As sant ji started Jaap Sahib, his face turned red and shiny. There was so much light that the man started hide his face from it.

After the paath was over Sant ji said, you are fortunate that Guru ji allowed me to show you the 'God's light'. You cannot expect to test the existence of 'God' each time an atheist questions.

thats an interesting story is there any evidence for it? has it been recorded so we can all see it? here is one story of my own:

i said to pardeep: can you show me god?

pardeep kept quiet for a while and then said no i cant.

unfortunately i dont have any evidence this happened but im hopefully you will take my word for it.

anything that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

This whole site your are referring to is a myth.

so you have actual evidence that people at nasa are studying guru granth sahib for answers? nasa have stated this themselves in the USA, nasa who are funded by the government in a majority christian country where anti muslim anger is strong and sikhs have been persecuted because they have turbans and look a bit like osama bin laden in the way he used to dress. you really think nasa would come out and state

"thanks mr president, congress and the american people for the billions of tax dollars you have given us, here is an update on what we are doing with that: studying the sggs for answers!"

please please you know how ridiculous this is, just think it through.

Do you know who Sant Teja singh (Mastuana) is?

Never mind, no one will be able to prove the existence to you through this forum, What do you expect from the members? Try to explore yourself and see where you go.

You are stirring water here

i dont know who he is, i would like to know more. if he can do something special then i would love to see it.

of course everyone is free to practice what they want, my question is how can it be that those practices are often contradictory? someone somewhere must have been wrong or mistaken.

moses was a prophet

jesus was a prophet/son of god

mohammed was a prophet

the gurus were prophets (is this correct?)

yet they teach contradictory values.

so you can choose either:

1. agree that one of them was right and the others are all wrong.

2. they are all correct and following either of them will get you where you want go.

one of many sources:

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/news/file002.pdf

A prophet is someone who serves as an intermediary between God and humanity, to deliver God's message.

Moses talked to God (supposedly)

Jesus was the son of God (aren't we all)

Mohammed was told of God's will by the angel Gabriel (supposedly)

Guru Nanak meditated on the bank of a river, in the wilderness, for some time before proclaiming there is one God and there is no Muslim or Hindu. His inspiration came from meditation and deep reflective thought.

Your questions are inherently biased and flawed.

All religions don't want to reach the same place and are not after the same goal. The definition of God is different in Abrahamic and Dharmic faiths.

I hope u understand this (my favourite saying):

Kio pani vich Madani paya hai?

Do your self exploration ! You are at the wrong place !

For Sant Teja Singh ji I would say use Google (hint Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford University)

i dont see your point. i had a look on sikh wiki and it doies not mention that he studied in cambridge or oxford although wether he did or not, i dont see the relevance. what is your point?

i would like to state again that i did not start this thread and my questions were not about the existence of god or not.

my questions are to do with people and their beliefs. i dont expect to change your minds and i assume you dont expect to change mines, that is why i dont want to discuss the existence of god because both sides will not change their views. it is much better to find out what the beliefs are to understand why they believe what they do.

I think you are not understanding what I mean. Your brain is made in such a way that each time anyone will give logical views your brain will find a contradiction. Just as an ant can find a hole on marble floor. For your answers you need to explore Gurbani yourself. Can you take the challenge? U wanted to know who Sant Teja Singh was therefore I told you use google and he did study there. If I was you, I wouldn't rely on Sikhiwiki

A prophet is someone who serves as an intermediary between God and humanity, to deliver God's message.

Moses talked to God (supposedly)

Jesus was the son of God (aren't we all)

Mohammed was told of God's will by the angel Gabriel (supposedly)

Guru Nanak meditated on the bank of a river, in the wilderness, for some time before proclaiming there is one God and there is no Muslim or Hindu. His inspiration came from meditation and deep reflective thought.

Your questions are inherently biased and flawed.

All religions don't want to reach the same place and are not after the same goal. The definition of God is different in Abrahamic and Dharmic faiths.

your answers are inherently biased and flawed. otherwise you would have written:

Guru Nanak meditated on the bank of a river, in the wilderness, for some time before proclaiming there is one God and there is no Muslim or Hindu. His inspiration came from meditation and deep reflective thought. (supposedly)

what is the meaning of there is no hindu and no muslim?

the reason i ask is because i know a guy who told me he is a hindu and i know several guys that told me they are muslims. are these guys wrong?

I think you are not understanding what I mean. Your brain is made in such a way that each time anyone will give logical views your brain will find a contradiction. Just as an ant can find a hole on marble floor. For your answers you need to explore Gurbani yourself. Can you take the challenge?

i cannot take that challenge. i cant read punjabi and i dont have the time. i am happy with life, i have no problems that cannot be solved. i dont need answers to the meaning of life and since i dont believe in the after life or heaven or hell, i have no need to read the manual which gets me there. you know very little of my brain, i dont know how you can reach your conclusions. i am by far the most logically thinking person that i know of personally.