Hair health

I think you can try a few different things to keep your hair healthy. Maybe try putting oil (Amla oil, coconut or any other hair oil) in your hair overnight, and then washing it out the next morning. Or, after washing and drying your hair you can rub a TINY bit of oil into your hair, but not too much or it looks greasy. Brush or comb your hair gently, and never when it's wet as that leads to more hair breakages and it will look even finer.

Also, make sure you are using the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. Condition the roots and ends only, not the scalp (unless it's really dry). I had the same problem as you quite a few years ago. My hair is still much thinner than it used to be but I just accepted it as it is now and just take care of it but I don't think mine will ever get any thicker. My doctor said it's due to stress and low iron levels, but I think you should see your doctor and they may take a blood test to see if you have any deficiencies and may suggest supplements/multivitamins.

The best thing you can do is improve your diet, drink plenty of water and eat fresh fruit and vegetables and see if that makes any difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can i get the olive oil from? Holland and Barratt dont do it. And i guess the one we use for cooking would not be suitable?

If in UK, you can buy 'Olive oil BP' from most chemists.

However, I researched this a few years back and found that you CAN use the cooking versions but ONLY the 'Italian extra virgin' ones are more suitable.

Infat these are better than the 'BP' versions !!!

It's all about HOW the olives are picked to make the oil.

With these extra virgin Italian ones, they don't pick fallen olives that have been on the ground for long/unknown periods of time.

They prefer to take them straight of the stem.