Amritdhari Singhs

jandialvi

Sat Sri Akal

I work at heathrow airport and have 3amritdhari workmates.

I myself am mona but respect and follow my faith.

Now these 3 are fine people but i have never heard as much swearing as these 3 do from anyone else be it in punjabi or english.

As they are elder i feel somewhat reserved in expressing my feelngs towards this subject.

I myself never swear infront of them.

Would i be right in telling them what they are doing is wrong?

Sat Sri Akal

I work at heathrow airport and have 3amritdhari workmates.

I myself am mona but respect and follow my faith.

Now these 3 are fine people but i have never heard as much swearing as these 3 do from anyone else be it in punjabi or english.

As they are elder i feel somewhat reserved in expressing my feelngs towards this subject.

I myself never swear infront of them.

Would i be right in telling them what they are doing is wrong?

You'll probably receive a volley of abuse in your direction if you do, lol.

Try and pass the comment off as a joke (obviously not at their expense), i.e. don't go steaming in.

I dunno, through school I've met quite a few amritdhari youths who do swear. It was so surprising the first I heard it I just stared open mouth at the singh and he just continued on.

They don't say fateh either, like they're embarrassed. Not too embarrassed to swear though :s

edit: I'm not perfect though, it does come out every once in a while especially when you're so used to hearing it around you. But if its all the time you have a problem.

Personally I would let them know that you would rather that they didn't swear infront of you. I won't recommend any particular approach as i think you are in a position to be the best judge of that. You don't neccessarily need to tell them it's wrong, they can figure that out themselves.

I was very fortunate in my previous job that although I worked amongst people that would usually swear or discuss things that I may find offensive, they were courteous and refrained from doing so in my presence, without me actually asking them to do so.

If we were used to swearing before Amrit it will take some effort to totally remove them from our conversations.

The best way to elimate swear words when we talk is to not even let swear words come into the mind when thinking. If we they do come in the mind or whilst talking we should feel regret and make an effort to not use that word again.

Guru jee's speech is always mithaa (sweet).

I dunno, through school I've met quite a few amritdhari youths who do swear. It was so surprising the first I heard it I just stared open mouth at the singh and he just continued on.

They don't say fateh either, like they're embarrassed. Not too embarrassed to swear though :s

edit: I'm not perfect though, it does come out every once in a while especially when you're so used to hearing it around you. But if its all the time you have a problem.

i got into habit of saying full fateh from hazur sahib after taking Amrit .

Hazur sahib is an amazing place :respect:

Amritdharis are not god ... that u cannot say anything to them...

If i would have been in your place i would have said..... jaada swear ni karde..... baba g thalle uttar ke aisi tesi karde :p

Take a help of kidding behaviour to convey them......

I am amritdhari... but i too swear...... but not har gal te :)