Power of the Ardaas.

Gursikh10

What do you say or ask for in the Ardaas?

Are your wishes fulfilled?

For example, if you asked for a stronger connection with your inner self and to concentrate more while praying, did you get it?

What things are factors in this?

"Jo Mangey Thakur Apne Te"

Do some things be fulfilled later than others?

I believe that your are supposed to ask for things that will make your human life successful so you don't have to take part in this cycle again.

Some of may laugh.... but once I asked for perfect eyesight again, since I have glasses and I hate them.

I value them now and I want a second chance.

This is irrelevant and a want, not a need.

But I sure would like for it to happen. :biggrin2:

So what experiences do you have?

-Sorry If I sounded stupid...just want to learn from other experiences. :blush2:

Khalsa Ji

ਪੰਨਾ 829, ਸਤਰ 16

ਜਪਿ ਜਪਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੋ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਤਨ ਤੇ ਰੋਗ ਖਏ ॥੧॥

Jap jap nām ṯumĥāro parīṯam ṯan ṯe rog kẖa▫e. ||1||

Chanting, meditating on Your Name, O my Beloved, disease is eradicated from my body. ||1||

ਮਃ 5

Meditating on Naam can fulfill our desires even where worldly methods fail to deliver. Engage in meditating on Naam and keep asking for kirpa. The beauty of Naam is that even if the desire isn't fulfilled straight away one feels as if they have achieved everything, One's heart fills with Naam rass {sweet nectar} which drowns out all sorrows and grief. This is in total contrast to acquiring pleasures through worldly means alone. Without Naam one may acquire many pleasures but immediately afterwards one feels as if they have not acheived anything at all. A sense of emptiness follows. Only Naam can leave us feeling elated even if the desire takes longer to acquire.

Waheguru. Waheguru. Waheguru.

I think it is a case by case basis, not everybody will be filled by naam rass. Those whose desires are not fullfiled usually loose faith on God and Bani that it actually has any power to do anything and become very bitter, eventually resorting to more practical ways of achieving there goals.

I sometimes myself am not sure if Bani has anything to do with our worldly lives but everything to do with those who are yearning for self realisation.

Practically speaking sometimes the ardaas is fullfiled and most times not. Which makes you question whether or not it was going to happen anyway and we are just making this ardaas a means to make money.

Why is it we need to praise god to attain our desires - yes it is supposed to dilute your ego problem, I know - but whn it doesn't work you are left broken, you can only sustain so many hits in life before you start to question the existense of God and Guru and whether or not they are really out there to help you or are they just playing a game with you or do they really exist......somebody answer my questions truthfully.

• 4 weeks later...

wjkk wjkf,

You should be asking for Naam daan and Gursikhi jeevan and sarbat da bhalla, worldy things not important as Waheguru ji knows what is best for us and we should stay in his panna and do his shukrana, dont forget there are many who are much worse off than us. Having said that its a personal thing and i ask for all i have listed and peace of mind and have full focus on Waheguru ji, especially when praying as the mind wonders so much. Waheguru

Mokham veerji, plz continue on the above.. :) let us begin to learn a b c now :)

Khalsa Ji

The beauty of Naam manifests itself in many ways. Naam produces a rass {sweet taste} that one begins to yearn for more and more. Naam drowns out the poison of kaam/krodh/lobh/moh/ahankar , thus making the life more blissful. Naam also bestows extra powers as per:

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ

Parabẖ kai simran riḏẖ siḏẖ na▫o niḏẖ.

In the remembrance of God are wealth, miraculous spiritual powers and the nine treasures.

Naam burns away the negative impact of one's Pararabdh {accumulation of past deeds} that give rise to dukh=torment/pain/misery. Naam has so many other benefits that listing them all would take eternity.

Naam is truly beautiful and should be tried to experience the benefit. To further describe Naam Khalsa Ji would result in:

ਪੰਨਾ 607, ਸਤਰ 19

ਜਿਨਿ ਇਹ ਚਾਖੀ ਸੋਈ ਜਾਣੈ ਗੂੰਗੇ ਕੀ ਮਿਠਿਆਈ ॥

Jin ih cẖākẖī so▫ī jāṇai gūnge kī miṯẖi▫ā▫ī.

Only one who tastes it knows it, like the mute, who tastes the sweet candy, but cannot speak of it.

ਮਃ 4