Christmas trees in houses of Sikhs

JSinghnz

Really? What would've been to reason to ask them to take off? Disrespect to Mercedes?

I think it's a legal issue, but I'm not sure.

no they said if you were to hit a pedestrian, you would probably kill him

hahahah what? So the impact from the weight of the car wouldn't, but that would?

We not gettin a tree this year, waste of money n time puttin up then down again.

The real ones make a mess, and the artificial ones look cheap, and then u got to pay for th tinsel, balls, this that and what not, and they take up space in th house, so u cant see th tv.

Was goin to get a little make it urself foam one from ryman, par main nai £2.99 laune dho hareh peele rang de tukrea de..

and its to do with th pagan thingy majingy, whatever it is....and its only for kids like decoration th colours look nice to them.

So instead i bought somethin for my vase like one of those twig branches thingys from sainsburys, that i can use all year and it matches th colour in my cushions.

evi ineh paise dunia laundi christmas chrusmas teh, jad koi church nu janda v nai, rang barange rasiyaa buubhereh jehe tanglende shahth te, te happy happy hojanda sara kuch...

oh and i forgot, when my grandma was alive, we used to sing "happy chresmass to joo, to jooo" with th happy birthday tune, coz we didnt know wat else to sing. so its not exactly as if we were celebratin xmas for a reason, just coz everybody else was doin it.

Christmas to non Chritians is just as a a end of year celebration and holiday that ends the year.

Time of work and good stuff on tv

Yes, that's true.

I find that as a person becomes aware of the historical significance of these days in terms of what happened in Sikh history, there is no joy to be found during the next few weeks. It's not about being miserable or begrudging the rest of the world the chance to eat and be merry. But in terms of this month and the various shaheedi smagams it's very difficult to be even appear to be joyous. It's a solemn period of time for Sikhs and I'd like more of us (not necessarily folk like us but the broader Sikh community) to be aware of the hardships experienced by, for example, the Sahibzaade, etc.

I find that as a person becomes aware of the historical significance of these days in terms of what happened in Sikh history, there is no joy to be found during the next few weeks. It's not about being miserable or begrudging the rest of the world the chance to eat and be merry. But in terms of this month and the various shaheedi smagams it's very difficult to be even appear to be joyous. It's a solemn period of time for Sikhs and I'd like more of us (not necessarily folk like us but the broader Sikh community) to be aware of the hardships experienced by, for example, the Sahibzaade, etc.

So true. Just the other day my mom was telling us that in the old days, there used to be no weddings in the month of 'Poh' because nobody wanted to create a 'mohaul' or environment of joy and celebration, in remembrance of the Sahibzadey.

And I was like, but the Sahibzadeys got married, don't they always say, 'larhi moth viahi'.......she said Sikhs view it as a sacrifice......