Mom wont let me take amrit

Guest Want to

i love to amritshak but too scared ask my mom and i already adked her she said i can but i awant to ask her agian to see wht she says

waheguru ji

no need to ask again , we are not sure tomorrow or next moment we will be alive or not.

dont wait for Guru , as nike says "Just Do it" :lol2:

and mom didnt let me take amrit too . you know the usuall stuff "kudi milni aukhi ho jauni , bleh bleh " :D

i did ardas and took mom to hazur sahib . she got emotional after being there for 2 days by Maharaj's kirpa and agreed for me to take Amrit

Waheguru Made it total win win :) :waheguru:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsaa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Heyyy I am extremely happy for you my fellow little brother! Tell you what, the place where I live, I know SO MANY kids/teenagers who are Gursikhs but come from totall mona family. One Gursikhs was saying that in this time of the world, kids are showing the right way to parents rather than parents showing kids. So this is the "Kirpa time" for all of us teenager.

I will tell you my story, which is the very similar to yours. I always had extreme pyaar for Amrit, Guru Sahib blessed me 2 years back. One day before Amrit Sanchaar, I did alot of Ardaas and Naam Simran with Guru Ji's Kirpa and went to my parents room to ask them if I have a ride to Gurdwara Sahib tomorrow. They asked me why and I said for Amrit Sanchar! I still remember that pause which came after that :biggrin2: , I wasnt scared rather giggling and listening to their "munda ni milna" , "ur too young" , " you wont be able to follow rehet" . I was giggling because I knew it's my True Father's Hukam of blessing me with Amrit and nothing in the world could stop me from that! Daas did eventually get Amrit the other day :l:

But daas never wear a keski after Amrit because of my moorakhta, and also because my family might not be comfortable. But did Ardaas for it every single day to be blessed with Keski. When Guru Sahib does Kirpa, we just dont get to know whats happening. Things just happen on it's own. Guru ji made me meet extremely high Gursikhs and we did naam simran together. After the 3rd meeting with them, Guru Sahib did so much Kirpa and blessed me with courage that I came home wearing Keski! Yes some negetive things did happen at home, but you know what, they didnt effect me because my Guru Sahib was always with me whenever anyone said anything. Now, everything is cool at home. JUST TAKE AMRIT, YOUR FAMILY WILL EVENTUALLY ACCEPT YOU!

Its important that you take Amrit even if your family dislikes because - when you die, your family isnt going to be there when you have to be called for account, our True Father - Guru Gobind Singh ji's Hukam is wayyy more important than what our family says! So just do ardaas and just take Amrit in next Amrit Sanchar. Guru ji will handle rest.

And wearing a bigger Kirpaan in important! Talk to your principle!

• 1 month later...
Guest kiran kaur

i also want to take amrit, im 16 and ive been wanting to take it for as long as i can remember, i also do kirtan , rehraas sahib and akhand paath sahib , but my grandma aslo thinks im too young. only one thing puts me down whenever i think i want to take it, and thats my hair, ive never cu the hair on my head but im a girl so you know what i mean , its going to be very hard not waxing and that:( i dont know what to do, i wear a patka to school and aslo when i do kirtan and i want to wear a dastaar soon but think its going to be hard can someone help me , btw im kiran kaur

i also want to take amrit, im 16 and ive been wanting to take it for as long as i can remember, i also do kirtan , rehraas sahib and akhand paath sahib , but my grandma aslo thinks im too young. only one thing puts me down whenever i think i want to take it, and thats my hair, ive never cu the hair on my head but im a girl so you know what i mean , its going to be very hard not waxing and that:( i dont know what to do, i wear a patka to school and aslo when i do kirtan and i want to wear a dastaar soon but think its going to be hard can someone help me , btw im kiran kaur

Kiran Kaur, why dont you just take Amrit on next Amrit Sanchar! Just be strong and go to your grandpa and say.. this is what i want to do, and i am very serious about it. Don't just joke abou it, seriously talk to your family and then they might let you do!

And tie a dastaar! Ask a Gursikh to teach you to tie it! There are many vedios on youtube too - type how to tie a dastaar.

Do more and more naam simran and Ardaas. Dont worry about waxing LOL it does not bring you pleasure... it is all maya

• 1 year later...
Guest Kaur (Anonymous)

My dad also wont let me Amrit Shak he says me and my brother have to follow his rules first before following anything else. That is kind of stupid because Waheguru Ji comes first. He says we have to listen to him and respect him but thats what we do from when we come home to night. We try our best to prove to him we are ready but he wont listen. We play Gatka, do Kirtan, don't eat meat, We are in Sikhi, but he says no. We have until July...my mom says its our choice but Dad wont listen.

• 2 years later...
Guest sikh t
On 12/3/2012 at 10:41 AM, Guest Want to said:

so why your mom is saying that she wants you to take it after marriage so you can get a life partner faster and when you take Amrit you well cant easily find a life partner and get married then you get to old to get married so that's why your mom is saying listen to your parents they do it for your good  same my parents say ^_^:sardargood choice of taking amrit but wait until you get married...thanks for listening bye.....