Just found this passage in a version of Bhangu's Prachin Panth Prakash, obtained from the net. Can anyone please clarify on this?

Writing about the happening at Machhiwara

(‘… accepted after purifying with the all steel dagger)

"Quatrain: When the True Guru went further, he reached near Machhiwara. After settling the True Guru, the Pathan went and brought along Gulaba the Khatri.1

Couplet: Listen to the story of Machhiwara of how the Guru stayed at the house of a Khattri and of how the Sayyad Pathans served him by carrying him on their heads.2

Quatrain: He served some food. The Guru ate while remembering (God). At sunset he brought him inside. The mansion became his abode.3 One or two Singhs walked to the place. The Guru ordered them to conceal themselves. One day the Guru ordered a goat. He had it slaughtered by the Singhs. As the True Guru ate meat, bones were thrown into the house of the Turk. On seeing the bones the Turk remonstrated and abused the Khattri, ‘you throw bones into my house!’5

Couplet: Then the Khattri approached the True Guru saying, ‘ I am an extremely weak person. I will be killed should the Turk comes to know.’6

Quatrain: The True Guru threw money. The Qazi took the bribe and kept quiet. Like this the Guru stayed here for ten days and then desired to march on.7"

Did the Guru really eat meat? Whose this Khatri Bhangu speaks off and I have never heard of maharaj bribing a Qazi.

Sooraj Prakash also states Dasam Pita ate meat and consumed opuim, and the anti rag mala brigade are quick to state that Kavi Santokh Singh rejects Rag Mala and he was a great historian. So what they gotta say about this.

Who is Kavi Santokh Singh? Do you know anything about his background, how he did his research, etc? I read that during his research, he found a bunch of books/papers at his doorstep which contained material of the gurus lives.

are you sure your citation from PPP is correct....it seems like the parsang of Ghanni Khan and Nabhi Khan and Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee enacting as an Uch Da Pir after machiwara......Here meat was offered by muslims as halaal meat and Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh jee turned it into Pancha Amrit Karah Parshad. At machiwarra Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji offered coins to a man to stop him from exposing the Guru to the evil regime. Guru Sahib eventually did chatka stroke with his shamsheer sword and killed him.

PPP has got a lot of mistakes in it like Singh's drinking tons of sukh nidaan

are you sure your citation from PPP is correct....it seems like the parsang of Ghanni Khan and Nabhi Khan and Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee enacting as an Uch Da Pir after machiwara......Here meat was offered by muslims as halaal meat and Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh jee turned it into Pancha Amrit Karah Parshad. At machiwarra Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji offered coins to a man to stop him from exposing the Guru to the evil regime. Guru Sahib eventually did chatka stroke with his shamsheer sword and killed him.

PPP has got a lot of mistakes in it like Singh's drinking tons of sukh nidaan

Can you provide the whole narrative minus sukh nidhan drinking please. I am putting it on a fb page which I run and this break in posting really is irking me.

Who is Kavi Santokh Singh? Do you know anything about his background, how he did his research, etc? I read that during his research, he found a bunch of books/papers at his doorstep which contained material of the gurus lives.

According to him Guru Gobind Singh Ji came to him in disguise of a Sikh. Stayed the night at his place and left in the morning. They left a bag. When opened the bag contained sources regarding maharaj's life. He (Kavi Ji) had finished Nanak Prakash Granth and Suraj Prakash. He only needed confirmation on a few aspects of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's earthly sojourn. The material in the bag provided it.

Can you provide the whole narrative minus sukh nidhan drinking please. I am putting it on a fb page which I run and this break in posting really is irking me.

According to him Guru Gobind Singh Ji came to him in disguise of a Sikh. Stayed the night at his place and left in the morning. They left a bag. When opened the bag contained sources regarding maharaj's life. He (Kavi Ji) had finished Nanak Prakash Granth and Suraj Prakash. He only needed confirmation on a few aspects of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's earthly sojourn. The material in the bag provided it.

I just don't buy that story I'm afraid. I have not read Suraj Granth, however I will do in the near future, only to understand what is written, who wrote it and why.

We must not take literature at face value. Sikhi has had and still has a turbulant history, most of our accounts are written by non-sikhs and even then some of them are biased, etc..

What I don't get is, how could Kalgidhar Mahabali Siri SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj come to him when he wasn't on this earth in his physical form, he left us in 1708 and Bhai Santok Singh wasn't even born until 1787.

I think he was educated by the Nirmala order.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Guru_Gobind_Singh

http://www.<banned site filter activated>/writers/KaviSantokhSg/KaviSantokh/SantokhSingh.htm

This is a excerpt from the above link

The greatest work of Kavi Ji is the Suraj Parkash or Gur Partap Suraj, which is a complete history of the ten Gurus. An interesting event occurred when he had finished writing about the nine Gurus. He was unable to proceed further regarding the tenth Guru. Even after considerable research some of the anecdotes and stories of the tenth Guru could not be confirmed. Eventually Kavi Ji went into a deep meditation and prayed to the Guru for divine help. This divine help came in the form of a Sikh, who came to visit him and stayed at his residence. The next morning the Sikh was not found anywhere but a bag was left behind, which when opened contained all the material required by Kavi Ji for the completion of the Granth. Kavi Ji was very much overcome by this miracle, as he writes, "Bhayo Achanak Sanchey Ayi, Sarab Guran ko jas samudai." Kavi Ji was sure that this was a boon from Guru Gobind Singh Himself, to help him complete this gigantic task.