One Method of Dealing With Pakhand

Sherdil

We seem to act like taliban sullehs, its becoming more and more evident. I don't know what is it? It appears tribal ancestry might be factor. It's no secret lot of sikhs from jatt back ground have tribal muslim ancestry and have islamic sharia influence i.e- public punishment/assault..(first found it traces in old nihang dals/prem sumarag granth )..it seems ancestry thing coming back and creeped in panth and super imposing itself specifically in punjab/efffected local punjabis... For the record - i m from jatt back ground but born raised in calcutta i have no influence from jattism or punjabi tribal system...may be dalsingh101 can shed some more light on this.

I managed by maharaj kirpa wrote on similar instance:

http://www.sikhsanga...ar/#entry552312

Ok i watched the videos couple of times- mad respect to singhs who confronted this person who was abusing the nihang bana by drinking alchohol. But with that being said, i think best approach in future should be taking these types of imposters to sri akaal takth sahib to present them to jathedar there for pesh or tankhaiya instead of beating him then and there. Overall its sets a precedence full of loopholes and precedence of outlaw which is tribal outdated system which has no place in modern society. In my humble opinion, no jatha or samparda should have full right going to this far length as first resort to beat an imposter by taking matter on their own hands. Imposters should be taken to sri akaal takth sahib and presented there for tankhaiya punishment. This ensures there is no abuse of power and sense of accountability as it will handled by main voice for sikhs- sri akaal takth sahib.

Above approach is quite slippery slope and risky, while above those sevadars seems genuine but unfortunately same cannot be said for others..too many panthic police running around with panthic sirens with their holier than thou attitude these days in punjab making some high trivial decisions on their own with sense of entitlement and without any sense of accountablity and besides who can really validate overall self proclaimed sevadars genuine intention? all it takes another youtube video but this time potential GOI agent acting like sevadar singh in bana executing a another sikh in name of beadhi and making us look like talibans, shariapanthis..!!!!!!

Again those singhs above seem genuine but approach is way too risky which sets an precedence with some broader trivial implications in future ahead. I think these matters are best handled by sri akaal takth sahib.!!!!!!!!!

We seem to act like taliban sullehs, its becoming more and more evident. I don't know what is it? It appears tribal ancestry might be factor. It's no secret lot of sikhs from jatt back ground have tribal muslim ancestry and have islamic sharia influence i.e- public punishment/assault..(first found it traces in old nihang dals/prem sumarag granth )..it seems ancestry thing coming back and creeped in panth and super imposing itself specifically in punjab/efffected local punjabis... For the record - i m from jatt back ground but born raised in calcutta i have no influence from jattism or punjabi tribal system...may be dalsingh101 can shed some more light on this.

I managed by maharaj kirpa wrote on similar instance:

http://www.sikhsanga...ar/#entry552312

Veer ji, how do you know what background these Singhs are from? This video has nothing to do with caste, yet you have brought it up out of nowhere. On top of that, you have said that they must have Islamic ancestry. As if there is some Muslim gene that is making them behave like this. Once again, people blame Jatts for everything.

If we had Khalsa Raj, the pakhandis would be brought before Akal Takht. However we are not independent, therefore we have to abide by the laws of the land. I don't think it is legal for an ordinary citizen to arrest someone, just for being a pakhand. The best Akal Takht can do is excommunicate them, as if that will make them stop.

Giving warnings and trying to reason with these pakhandi people isn't going to work. They know they are doing the wrong thing, but they do it anyways, and they mislead others. If they are not dealt with now, then Sikhi will wither away in a few generations.

I don't see how this is different from Sikh youth in England stopping interfaith marriages. Why are these Singhs Taliban, when those youth are not?

Sorry veer, i don't mean to slag off all jatts. I will try again without sounding too trivial or at border line offending people. It's like this- punjabi takes amrit but before punjabi takes amrit does he make sure all the cultural baggage which is totally contary to Gurmat, even subtle levels of cultural baggage is left behind the door? or does he/she carries with him/her in the panth?

In the above case, it was justified to point out the beadhi and ensure beadhi does not happen again but its not justified the beat the old man. There are other venues like i mentioned present him to sri akaal takth sahib, work out a solution.

Naturally, we are quite hot headed community..we do get bit carried away..not because of sikh ideals but rather punjabi baggage(those are contary with Gurmat) that we still carry with ourselves..at the end, sikhi ideals get blamed for everything in media etc...my intention in previous post to find root cause- more research is needed. I m not saying all jatts having muslim sharia ancestry have bad influence from it and therefore, automatically bad, but on other hand one cannot ignore that some jatts have muslism ancestery and have interesting influence and parallelism between the two. This area is quite trivial which may cause more division and hostility in real life so i guess its better to move on work on adapting Gurmat ideals, automatically one will rise above from their cultural/tribal/ancestry baggage.

Just recently- fight and stabbing in california gurdwara

http://www.sikhsanga...ra/#entry558643

Now these extreme disagreements between committe/parties occur in western 3ho community but its never gone to this extend of an "brawl" but rather gone to the courts. Brawl is not sikhi term its mob term, its definitely punjabi cultural baggage people bringing in gurmat and super imposing itself on it and look whos suffering? The whole panth suffers because of these goons. !!!

It's no secret lot of sikhs from jatt back ground have tribal muslim ancestry and have islamic sharia influence i.e- public punishment/assault..(first found it traces in old nihang dals/prem sumarag granth )..it seems ancestry thing coming back and creeped in panth and super imposing itself specifically in punjab/efffected local punjabis

I doubt it, as they would have been dealt like that for leaving Islam. The truth of the matter is most Sikhs have Hindu ancestary. It is no secert that the majority of Sikhs converted from Hindu relgion in the 1800's. Due to economic and social status advantages with being a Sikh. Especailly after British raj.

Look at how Krodhi some of those Singhs are. No reason to be angry and physically violent toward the guy. Yeah he's a pakhandi, make him own up to it, promise that he won't even do it, and destroy whatever statue/tomb he's got up. Singhs need to do this stuff with a cool mind and strategically. From here it looks like their just merciless religous nutbars.

I doubt it, as they would have been dealt like that for leaving Islam. The truth of the matter is most Sikhs have Hindu ancestary. It is no secert that the majority of Sikhs converted from Hindu relgion in the 1800's. Due to economic and social status advantages with being a Sikh. Especailly after British raj.

Interesting point. The reason i was saying lot of punjabi jatts may have influence from muslim ancestry because lots of punjabi jatts still believe in samadh ancestry culture which is direct influence from muslim culture - paying respect to samadh pirs etc. Nevertheless, i think more research is needed on this matter.

There were many cults contary to Gurmat sprouting out during sant baba gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale time..but Bhramgyani mahapursh sant gurbachan singh bhindranwale katha - sab tee utam har ki katha of gurbani was more than enough to knock senses in these type of people. The point is when our own jevan is incompetent and devoid of gurmat i.e- restoring to violence, acting with krodh, than who are we to act like any authority and preach.

It's from sant aspect of one's life(dya, bhramgyan, sam dristhi, satogun) sipahi is born not the other way around..as i mentioned earlier - sipahi spirit in sikhi should be born, properly controlled, preserved and nurture from sant spirit not from sheer tamogun..sheer tamogun makes one rakshash and khalsa is not rakshash.!!!