Sadh Sangat Jeo,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

An online petition has been created calling for the UK Government to reckognise the aftermath of indira gandhi's assisination as genocide of the Sikhs.

The Australian government has highlighted this issue, and we need to get the ball rolling in the UK too.

Please Please Please lets try and get 100,000 signatures so that this issue can be given a chance to be debated in Parliament.

Theres nothing we cant achieve if we act as one nation under one nishan!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/41156

Anti-Sikh violence in November 1984 in India should be classed as Genocide

Responsible department: Foreign and Commonwealth Office

We the signatories of this E-Petrition urge the UK government to the anti-sikh violence committed in India in November 1984, following the death of Indra Ghandhi and classify it as an act of genocide.

There is more than enough evidence from Sikh groups, Human rights groups and eye witnesses to show the violence was carefully orchestrated and police, congress members and high ranking officials were not only complicit in the violence but provided support for those carrying out murder, looting and rape. To this day Sikhs (who have a long and proud connection with the UK) have had no real closure. So now we urge as in Australia that this issue be debated and then the acts of November 1984 be classified as Genocide.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/41156

Why don't you just contact the "Kesri Kehar" people who got together over 100,000 signatures so that a discussion will take place in parliment (one session has already been held), regarding the death penalty in India along with bhai balwant singh rajoana case.

I am sure they are doing something about it, try emailing them?

Any petition needs to be thought through and worded very carefully. As we saw with the Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana petition, the original petition started by somebody which started getting lots of petitions was stopped and another one written up which was worded in a more through legally thought out way.

I have not heard anything yet regarding this from Sikh Council UK, or Kesri Lehar or any other UK organisation and I think however well intentioned, all UK Panthic projects should be undertaken after talks and advice from the UK Sikh representative body, the 'Sikh Council UK'. Most organisations including 'Kesri Lehar' mentioned above are all members and they all work in collaboration in such projects using expertise from various organisations.

The problem we have in the UK, is that most people want to be at the forefront or come up with ideas and 'run' with them, rather than thinking them through strategically. There are people and organisations within the Sikh community that have a lot of experience in dealing with the UK political system, we should make use of their skills and networks as well as the 'fresh ideas' that those that have not been so involved bring.

My understanding is that the Sikh Council Uk was supposed to be act as a co-ordinator in bringing all this together, however if no-one contacts them with their ideas or projects, how are they to know

Chillax it's this kind of non foreword critical negative thought which has held our kaum back. We have a mind set which is stuck in looking towards someone else to do "it", I just came across this petition and though it's something that needs to be highlighted.

If you've got links with Sikh council then contact then, the cause of our panth is everybody's responsibility.

By belliteling the efforts of the Singh who started this petition by accusing him of trying to just be in the lime light is truly an egotistical and non proactive attitude.

It's always easier to criticise and pull someone/thing down than to pull your finger out and do something.

Bhul chukh maaf