Clean house

canadagoose

No, it's not weird to be this clean. I'm the same. I have eagle-like vision when I see a stray bit off fluff on the floor, lol. But even though there's only a couple of people in my house I still like to run a tight ship. I'm not sure how I'd get everyone else to pitch-in if I was in your shoes . Well... there is a particular method I'd use but it involves getting a bit hot and bothered so I don't think it's best if you take that option! It must be so annoying seeing everyone else taking liberties and not pulling their weight. I'd go on a rampage and kick some butts, but that's just me.

OMG!! i thought i was alone!! i am like that to, if the rapper is on the floor, the table i slightly moved to the side!! ALas i have found my people :D

i think to get them to clean up, do you have a fire place? fire places have HOT POKER STICKS....................... (just saying) :p

Iv been told I'm obsessed with cleaning the house which even extends to having a clean car lol. Its good that as a guy you clean :) to help you with the cleaning you could try attempting to get your sister involved by kindly explaining to her how you feel it would be nice if she helped. Also maybe share out the work load between you and your sibling (s). This might take sometime but it'll work in long run if your patient. For time been so your not over working yourself with house cleaning allocate time were your doing the house stuff you feel necessary. So your able to have balance between cleaning and other stuff you want/need to do. Also be proud that as a guy your doing house work as its rare (from experience) that guys do such tasks as in desi-households its commonly seen as the "girls" job lol

• 4 weeks later...

I know what you mean, I like a clean house too. I used to clean the whole house every week and it would be mess as soon as someone was home for an hour. I learnt to stop. I learnt that I cant control other people's habits and nor could I carry on getting stressed or upset over it. After a while, my sister started cleaning and then asking for help... that lasted a little while but the house is often a mess. Unless I know someone is coming round, I dont get myself worked up over it anymore. I keep my room clean and tidy and help out with the rest. I used to remind myself that it's not my house and when I am in a position to buy my own (in the technical sense, obviously nothing is ours and everything is God's), I will keep it as I want it to be, knowing that the kitchen surfaces, tables tops will be clean and things will be as I left them.

OMG!! i thought i was alone!! i am like that to, if the rapper is on the floor, the table i slightly moved to the side!! ALas i have found my people :D

To be fair, your concern about rappers lying on your floor is justified. If, for some reason, the police knock on your door, they tend to quickly notice things like Snoop Doggy Dog laying dead on someone's living room floor. And given their hectic recording and media interview schedule its only a matter of time before their representatives come a 'nockin'.

Seriously though......a house is for LIVING in. I like it when homes show signs of LIFE. I do not like homes to resemble dentist's waiting rooms with their clinical look. I don't expect maggots an rats in people's homes when I visit them, but I expect and want to see lovely signs of life. Things like kids toys scattered about.....a few marks made on the walls by the kids....a few dirty dishes. It is these things that differentiate the cozyness of the home from the clinical nature of the doctor's surgery.

It's a great trait. I'm not exactly the most organized person (not very organized haha), but my mom on the other hand is amazing. She is very strict and puts us in line in terms of organization and being clean - it was annoying at first, but now I appreciate it because it's a habit that will be with me for life.

One thing that I have definitely noticed since moving to Canada from UK is that the canadians are very untidy and messy.

Maye because there houses are so big, that they can afford to be a little relaxed when it comes to tidying up,-but in general the standard is lower than england.

In england our houses are quite small and room is tight, therefore keeping them tidy is necessary since they get messy so easily due to the small size.

To be fair, your concern about rappers lying on your floor is justified. If, for some reason, the police knock on your door, they tend to quickly notice things like Snoop Doggy Dog laying dead on someone's living room floor. And given their hectic recording and media interview schedule its only a matter of time before their representatives come a 'nockin'.

Seriously though......a house is for LIVING in. I like it when homes show signs of LIFE. I do not like homes to resemble dentist's waiting rooms with their clinical look. I don't expect maggots an rats in people's homes when I visit them, but I expect and want to see lovely signs of life. Things like kids toys scattered about.....a few marks made on the walls by the kids....a few dirty dishes. It is these things that differentiate the cozyness of the home from the clinical nature of the doctor's surgery.

It's snoop lion now lol