Chunniya over dastaara

Guest Daas

Bibia should wear chuni to cover their upper chest, that is the purpose to cover part of body that men do not have, nothing to do with looking feminie or it being practical etc. You can see pics of Mai bhago ji wearing a chuni even in battle. In the Guru's time no bibi was ever seen witthout chuni.

Bibia should wear chuni to cover their upper chest, that is the purpose to cover part of body that men do not have, nothing to do with looking feminie or it being practical etc. You can see pics of Mai bhago ji wearing a chuni even in battle. In the Guru's time no bibi was ever seen witthout chuni.

you mean paintings right? paintings done by people who have not seen Mata Bhag Kaur in person. Those paintings can not be used as proof. Just as how we cannot just say the paintings of guru sahib do not predict thats how guru sahib looked like.

as per chuniyan over dastaran its only a punjbai mentality thing. you can wear the chuniyan just around your neck if you want. when wearing bana you body is already covered so there is nothing to worry about so hazoorya is perfectly fine.

Lol I doubt Mai Bhago wore a chuni in battle... it would have been gone within seconds.

I'm just confused. Guru ji gave us bana. Hazooria are used when doing seva and Singhs wear them with their bana but bibiya have to stick on a chuni instead to 1. look feminine or 2. cover their chest? I don't think Guru ji would have thought so...