3HO - Friends or Enemies in Friends clothing?

Sri Singh Sahib Harbhajan Singh Yogi was a amazing spiritual leader and as well amazing business leader. He came up products like- yogi tea, selling harmless sikh iconography, and various hocus pocus stuff, along with multi million dollar company- akaal security all because to sustain and support- 3HO as organization and their gurdwaras and 3ho sikh village where sikh converts can live affordably .. 3HO asharams are amazing village where all sikhs could live together and do sangat together, have their kids sent to miri piri academy affordably and work together help each other businesses out, thats by far the much sikh way of living (let money making more money- flourishing business to help the community) than our pot belly punjabi tribal leaders stealing money from golak and gurdwara committe members take pay cuts from sangat money.

Yes that might be because its asharam not a gurdwara in millis..their asharam is close knit community living together, doing sangat in shared prayer hall inter connected with seperate condos for living, if one of rooms are empty, nothing wrong with charging outside per night, we gotta look at the overall picture and over head costs of these families..they have kids who they sent to miri-piri sikhi school academy in amritsar all for living close by at darbar sahib, so that they can have darbar sahib feeling day and night. It cost each kid studies -$30, 000 grand a year and they start early at the age of 9 onwards.

I will double confirm with one of my closest freind wife what exactly the details.. She is from millis. For the time being, treat it as a camp if you will. Sikhi camp charges $200-$300/ person per week...So no sweat there :lol2:

I'd say they're friends of course, but we should discourage some of their practices of "inter-faith building" in rishikesh.

Jab Lag Khalsa Rehegiya Niyaara, Tab Lag Tej Diyoo Mein Sara

Jab Ehe Gahe Bipran Ki Reeth, Main Na Karoo In Ki Parteet

They should condemn the actions and clarify them because I know only a select few people have done this havan pointless ritual stuff. THey say that they inside didn't follow it though.

I'd say they're friends of course, but we should discourage some of their practices of "inter-faith building" in rishikesh.

Well that depends how you look at it? I think engaging in inter-faith is ok but line has to be drawn by wider panth. How much engaging is too much ?

We all know we hardly a champion in inter-faith sessions..most of sikhs i have met are self absorbed within themselves, walk around with entitlement looks down to jatha's and samparda's within sikh community let alone looking down to all religions.

If we look at wider panth than abroad (one mindset or two mindset) ...inter-faith sessions were always part of the panth, there was a reason why sri guru gobind singh had diverse 52 kavi poets in his darbar so interfaith is celebrated- nirmale/sevapanthis/taksal (baba harnam singh dhumma following his predecessors) have been doing inter-faith sessions and gurmat parchar every kumb mela and in sadhu samelan in rishikesh. I think rather than bringing change on that front. We must look at ourselves- if small inter-faith sessions can knock our sikhi down..then vahiguroo help us..!!

One such living example of inter-faith- Guru Ki Maseet:

http://www.info-sikh.com/MassPage1.html

Mass2.jpg