How to get our Shaheeds back?

13Mirch

How do we get our shaheeds back? How do we tell the truth that Baba Banda Singh Ji and Haqiqat Singh Ji were Sikhs and not Hindus. What historical sources and arguments can we use? I don't know about others but personally I am tired of Hindus (not that I have anything against them, mind you) saying Banda Singh Bahadur Ji and Haqiqat Singh Ji were Hindus originally and Khalistanis are flasifying facts and calling them Sikhs. Ideas anyone?

When Banda Singh Bahadur became a Sikh his name was Gurbaksh Singh. Some people claim he was a Hindu because they think if a person is born in a certain faith they must remain in that faith for ever. But in our history we have many Sikhs who were born as Hindus but later adopted the Sikh faith. Famous examples are Master Tara Singh Ji, Prof Sahib Singh Ji, Bhai Rama Singh Ji(UK), Bhagat Puran Singh Ji of Pingalwara. Similarly Baba Banda Singh Jee was born in a Hindu family but he adopted the Sikh faith. More Hindus should follow their examples of adopting Gurmat instead of trying to rewrite history.

Having said the above I feel it is a great weakness on our part that we are not doing parchar to the Hindus of India. If we had actively done Parchar today much of North India would have been Sikh.

When Banda Singh Bahadur became a Sikh his name was Gurbaksh Singh. Some people claim he was a Hindu because they think if a person is born in a certain faith they must remain in that faith for ever. But in our history we have many Sikhs who were born as Hindus but later adopted the Sikh faith. Famous examples are Master Tara Singh Ji, Prof Sahib Singh Ji, Bhai Rama Singh Ji(UK), Bhagat Puran Singh Ji of Pingalwara. Similarly Baba Banda Singh Jee was born in a Hindu family but he adopted the Sikh faith. More Hindus should follow their examples of adopting Gurmat instead of trying to rewrite history.

Having said the above I feel it is a great weakness on our part that we are not doing parchar to the Hindus of India. If we had actively done Parchar today much of North India would have been Sikh.

Agree with Jonny101 singh JI. Daas would also like to add that with guru's kirpa I have converted 7 people into sikhi and they now follow tat gurmat. 3 Hindus and 2 muslims and 2 christians have adopted a gurmat life style thanks to maharaj.

Daas is also thinking about creating a website and organising a team where we can actively convert people to sikhi like the muslims do. What does sadhsangat think about this?

Daas

Consciousness

You are spot on Johnny..!!

Mainstream sikhs ran away from hindus mile off as if they have some disease or something, look as if, it is some curse or something. Sant Attar Singh Ji Maustanewale, Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindranwale including Nirmale samparda did parcahr of Gurmat to all of india, attended sadhu sant samagams, sant attar singh ji maustanewale like nirmale attended hindu kumb mela and set up Gurmat Akhara there to do parchar, if these days- if mainstream sikhs hears that, these sikh vidvaans and sadhus from samparda would be demonized in the history books.

Our feets tremble in fear and insecurity dare we go to inter-faith sessions and mingle with other dharams. We play like victims like sissy girls punked at high school - oh oh you know they claim we sikhs are hindus, so let me change our traditions or become modern lol..dare we claim all hindus are sikhs including all their devta's/avtars which they were, instead we segragate hindus and run away from them miles off rather include hindus in sri guru nanak dev sikhi as satguru nanak dev ji nirankar is sargun roopi guru avtar in kaljug which only advocated- tat nichor of all - karam, upasana, gyan..!!

Good luck finding sleeping with protestant thought, bringing protestant garbage in sikhi i m sure their christian ferengi superiors would be delighted..!!!!!!

Daas is also thinking about creating a website and organising a team where we can actively convert people to sikhi like the muslims do. What does sadhsangat think about this?

Daas

Consciousness

In all your posts you sound like you're brainwashed and it sounds like you've brainwashed others into supposedly following a Gurmat lifestyle or what is your warped view of a Gurmat lifestyle.

And are you joking with the comment above..."actively convert", we dont actively try to convert people into Sikhi! We do parchaar and inspire people to want to learn more about it and to learn about it themselves.

Sadh Sangat thinks there is something seriously wrong with you!

Agree with Jonny101 singh JI. Daas would also like to add that with guru's kirpa I have converted 7 people into sikhi and they now follow tat gurmat. 3 Hindus and 2 muslims and 2 christians have adopted a gurmat life style thanks to maharaj.

Daas

Consciousness

Well, I feel that Muslims and Christians are not a good example to follow. Their way of conversion is undesired. The Buddhists in the west have done much to spreading Buddhism in the western nations but sometimes they compromise on some aspects of the Buddhist faith in order to make it more acceptable to westerners. Perhaps we can take the good methods from the Christians, Muslims and Buddhists without taking the negative aspects of their methods.

A lot of people are under this strange impression that it is Anti Gurmat to do Parchar to a non Sikh. They think that just magically they (non Sikhs) will know about Sikhism and become Sikh. But that's not how it works. History is witness that our Gurus went all over India to do Parchar. After the Guru period we entered our own dark ages where parchar took the back seat do to persecution. It was only during the time of the Singh Sabha that Parchar to non Sikhs was actively done. My own family adopted the Sikh faith during the Singh Sabha movement.

So parchar is needed. Every Sikh should be knowledgeable about Sikhi that he/she can help spread the message of Gurmat to non Sikhs. If we cannot do parchar ourselves then maybe we can some how help any organization or individual that is spreading Gurmat to non Sikhs.

The big problem as I see it I might be totally wrong, is that more than one person attacks us. There is no united body for us willing to answer back. The attacks frequently occur online. One person cannot do as much as lets say three groups dedicated to fighting religious attacks. These groups can themselves be divided into Gurbani, explaining Gurbani etc. History and scouts who find the anti-Sikh material.

Second problem is that after 1984 many Sikhs have this anti-Hindu mentality. Lets not get in discussion about Khalistan here but even Dr. Subraniam Swami and A.R. Darshi have praised Sant Jarnail Singh's assistance of Hindus. However many of the youngsters today are aware of Hinduvata attacks on Sikhi but slagger of anti-Hinduism. If we can take out that mentality and convince Hindus Sikhs are different from them then prachar can be effective.

Look at the Singh Sabha movement, Hinduvata has targeted itand is foul-mouthing it but it shows their fear of a second Singh-Sabha movement. Many Hindus became Sikhs due to that.