This makes me sad.

Guest sodepressed

Guest sodepressed

Giani GUrbachan Singh vs Jathedar Gurdev Singh Kaunke

Harnam Singh Dhumma vs Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale

Badal vs Sant Harcharan Singh Longowal

Why is this the state of our panth at the moment? Why are all the leaders just puppets?

THis is Kaljug, but the 1980s was Kaljug too...why has the state of the panth increasingly deteriorated..

Yes we still have some seriously chardikalah singhs and singhnis....but they are virleh...not like the 1980s where the singhs and singhnis truly considered each other their brothers and sisters and the khalsa panth their family....leaving differences aside they all fought for the betterment of the panth but where are we today??

The balwant singh rajoanas, hawaras, bheoras...they are all singhs of the 80s and early 90s....but what about our generation....do we have singhs and singhnis of this calibre today?

the brahmgianis of that period...sant baba thakur singh...sant baba harnam singh ji and many more...brahmgianis of that mould...where are they today??

the bhai fauja singhs, bhai sahib bhai randhir singhs, bhagat pooran singhs...where are they today??

where is our panth heading?

What can we do to bring those that have fallen off the path of SIkhi for whatever reason back into our gurdwaras? What can we do ensure that our 2 second unity remains in tact for a much longer period (e.g. rajoana movement).....where are we going wrong??

Open discussion...I know it shouldn't be posted in gupt forum but I would like people who are not registered on the board to make a contribution to this and I myself do not have an account on sikhsangat forums for various reasons, so humble request to admins please do not delete/close this topic.

Everyone's suggestions are required. Our local gurdwara is trying to come up with strategies and programs to get the youth to the gurdwara and more involved.....the punjabis in this community have fallen off the track there's about 5 teenagers that come to our local gurdwara (not exaggerating)....everyone else is out getting drunk and parying with their boyfriends and girlfriends...we even had a recent incident of an unwed punjabi girl getting pregnant and she just recently gave birth.....

we even have katha and programs in english...still no one attends.

I feel the panth is in a helpless place...qaumi dard is getting too much

vaheguroo jee kaa khalsa, vaheguroo jee kee fateh

the sikhs of yester generation got on, because they had tolerance for one another, nowadays as neo bhaji has pointed out, the chelas of these Sikhs are intent on making themselves to be on only version of truth, and castigating others, if they choose not to beleive the same.

Sometimes I think about it and get very very sad so I know how you feel. Our panth is split so much and I would say from where I am at only 5%-10% of the youth know anything about Sikhi or have any sort of interest. Our elders consider the gurdwara sahib a place of conflict gossip and politics. They fail to realize that Guru Sahib is pargat there and they are acting like this in front of Maharaj.

For the sangat that is interested in Sikhi, some of them just create divides based on beliefs or controversies.

Now that we've identified the problem, lets brainstorm and think about the solution. One thing that comes to mind is to make sure the future generations are spared the junk we grew up watching, and instill within them the true sense and spirit of GurSikhi. That includes the venomous caste system and the vicious inter-jathebandi "I am better than you are" championship.

It's the western thinking that is corrupting our children.Parents are the ones who should be blamed.They only want to have their children grow up to be succeful even if it means cut their hair etc.They want to be accepted by the whites. What they don't realize is that you don't have to change drastically to be accepted.Parents are pushing education in front of gurbani etc.

I love white people it's just we are drifting off to far.

PS:Don't tell me I have no right to say the things I said.I have personally seen these things with my own eyes.

It's the western thinking that is corrupting our children.Parents are the ones who should be blamed.They only want to have their children grow up to be succeful even if it means cut their hair etc.They want to be accepted by the whites. What they don't realize is that you don't have to change drastically to be accepted.Parents are pushing education in front of gurbani etc.

I love white people it's just we are drifting off to far.

PS:Don't tell me I have no right to say the things I said.I have personally seen these things with my own eyes.Im 15 by the way :).

Valid point but not accurate in terms of the intention of the OP's topic.

He (or she) was referring more to the folk who HAVE taken amrit, are Gursikhs, are entrenched in Gurbani, but still do not understand anything about Sikh unity, tolerance of other Sikh schools of thought whether it be between various jathebandhiya, etc.

The issues regarding 'Harnam Singh Dhumma vs Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale' are nothing to do with Dave Jones down the road. :biggrin2: Our white brothers and sisters are, in this instance, blameless.

If the guys at the top (the Sants and the jathebandi leaders) join hands then what excuse do the chele have for further exploiting differences and deepening divides?

If Sikh leaders (even moreso the spiritual) stop running to wherever there's pounds and dollars and only go where Sangat is crying out for help then we will see change. Until then people will only have their bharosa chipped away until breaking point.

He is saying why are our children trying to be black and act like sluts.(Sorry for harsh words).

Why don't they come to the gurudwara?They don't come because we never taught them to go before.