Guest random guy

desire to trim my beard

Mehtab Singh    3,888

It's the gelled-up beard that's encouraging people to stare at your facial hair, and not the beard itself.

nai yaar, people stare at my beard when i talk, coz it moves :D

• Like 3

VanHelsingh    1,970

nai yaar, people stare at my beard when i talk, coz it moves :D

One way to keep the ladies quiet...

Poets-Ranked-by-Beard-Weight_2-pass-72.j

Edited by VanHelsingh
  • Like 3

Gurpreet14    310

One way to keep the ladies quiet...

Poets-Ranked-by-Beard-Weight_2-pass-72.j

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: Sardar ji sudhar jao

• Like 1

Guest ping   
Guest ping

Trim you beard. Shave it off completely. Leave it. The choice it up to you and no one is judging you. Although, I'm genuinely surprised by some of the comments.. "what if your nose is too big? or ur eyes too small? Will you cut and trim them too?"etcetc.

Goodness. Toe nails are body parts, too. I'm sure you trim them to make them look "neat".

Anyway, you sound like you have made up your mind about trimming your beard. Good for you! Honestly, it will not have a detrimental impact on your soul or spirituality. In the end, you will still be you; same body, mind and soul. Take care not to offend the parents and perhaps discuss it with them before surprising them - most are extremely conservative.

Goodluck brother :)

S1ngh    1,343

^^^ that is your personal opinion brother. Nails that we cut are dead just like we remove dead hairs by combing twice a day. Anyway such talks are endless, what more important for everyone is to read Sikh reheat maryada and try not to bend sikhi to suit their lifestyle.

jpsingh2    92

Learn to respect your hair pick up any that falls collect it, when there is enough, do ardas and sankar it with fire.

Clearly you arnt amrit Shakt so I thnink that you should perhaps reasearch Sikhi as youll find its the perfect way of life literally.. also keep your proirities straight very important

IAlso ts a Hukam by Guru Gobind Singh Je to never tell a lady to Shuttup!

• Like 1

Guest ajmeet singh   
Guest ajmeet singh

@SNGH, veerji nose, eyes is different thing and hairs is different yes we ca definatly change our eyes nose by doing plastic surjury for e.g my teeth was not in shape so i visit a dentist he told me to do braces treatment which i did now my teeths look better than before. so every thing have their solution also.

sukhi077    42

Satsriakal everyone

I am a sikh boy,20 years old and I am a proud gursikh who has lately had an urge to trim my beard. I have been doing a lot of research on this but have not come across a reasonable argument. Why is it that me making a personal life decision of trimming my beard might move me away from my sikhi in the eyes of others. The reason why I would want to trim my beard is because I would feel more comfortable and neat. I proudly wear a turban and will always carry on wearing it with pride and honour.

Some of the reasons which I came across were that our Gurus kept their honour and many sikh men have given their lives to protect this honour. I completely agree with this and I understand we should never move away form the religion but slightly trimming the beard just to be more comfortable and make it look neat? is that not acceptable?

other reason was that we should respect how god has created us and should live in the natural form but then should we not factor in the advancements and change accordingly? if we live naturally only then is it not also wrong to get medical treatment? and so many other things we do in our daily life for instance even cutting out nails?

I am sorry if I have said something wrong but I would like to make it clear that sikhi is in my heart,trimming my beard will not change the sentiment one bit and I encourage you to counter what I have said as it will only help me take this decision.

thanks a lot :)

HAHAHAHAHA :lol2: Oh damn MAN .....you were ridiculous wait Let me ask you first Have you checked the rate of hypocrisy in your thoughts??? Hahaha anyone could die laughing you know.... Don't come with such useless questions which make you fool over here nothing else....LOSERRRRRRRR :lol2:

Edited by sukhi077

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

HAHAHAHAHA :lol2: Oh damn MAN .....you were ridiculous wait Let me ask you first Have you checked the rate of hypocrisy in your thoughts??? Hahaha anyone could die laughing you know.... Don't come with such useless questions which make you fool over here nothing else....LOSERRRRRRRR :lol2:

humility. humble. compassion. respect.

these are some of the qualities a Sikh is meant to have. Calling this Singh a looser shows arrogance, disrespect, egotistical thoughts and arrogance- qualities in which a Sikh is not meant to have.

so have you checked the rate of hypocrisy in your actions?

Bhul Chuk maafee.

Guest uwotm8   
Guest uwotm8

You are an embarrassing excuse for a Sikh, the original poster deserves a lot more respect and is more of a Sikh in my eyes than you are even if he does end up trimming his beard

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• You do know this post is from 2003?  
    • I'm pro British but not pro royal. The royals should take a look out their window and see what the city of London has become a 3rd world dumping ground and semi islamified city. 
    • What're you talking about ??!!! In Bhai Gurdas ji's vaaran , it's clearly mentioned WaHeGuRu mantra is composed by uniting the names of god in 4 yugas. W - Wasudev (Satjug) H - Hari (Dwapar) G - Gobind (Kalyug) R - Raam (Treta) As per hindus , Parbrahm is the origin of all things  Hari means Krishna , and Krishna lived in Dwapar yug. But Krishna was named after Parbrahm , as Krishna means "attractor" , one of the names of brahm. Hindus slowly started equating Krishna to Hari.  Ramchandar is from treta, the son of Dasrath. Ram chandra means (moon of Raam) or that which reflects the character of Raam. So Raam was actually another name of Parbrahm.  Wasudev is from Satjug . Wasudev means "the residing lord". And Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj is from Kalyug.  Go(earth / vedas/ knowledge) + bind (center focal point). So Gobind means "the focal point of knowledge".  So the mantar makes sense . And TBH , our current abrahamic kinda views of sikhi are far more superficial. We really need to chew in our understanding the baani properly. I agree we don't believe in hindu devi devte, but TBH karam , dharam philosophy is much older than sikhi . What was lost and found & something which was not earlier revealed is what we collectively call "sikh matt". It's purely our egos that we despise at anything "hindu" , whereas we ourselves believe in concepts like Karam philosophy, Rebirth, need of Guru , etc which were first found in upanishads (concluding portion of vedas).  
    • As per the vedantists , there're three different types of karams : 1) Prarabdha karam This are the past karam because of which we got the current configuration in this earthly plane.  These are the karams that have fruited . There is no way to extinguish the effects of these karams , except by bearing them , whether good or bad.  It's like an arrow shot from the archer's bow cannot come back. It's destined to hit. Its too late now to undo the effect of the arrow. It only can be bore now.   Prarabdha karam makes up a person's destiny.  2) Sanchit karam These are accumulated karams , from many lifetimes. Prarabdha karam is that portion of sanchit which is taken for bearing in this lifetime. I think sanchit karam are the first ones to be destroyed by naam simran.  3) Kriyaman karam These are the current karam we're doing, the fruits of which we're destined to bear in the coming time.   
    • How about the UK-based arm of him, 'Nirvair Khalsa Jatha', is there anything wrong with them or are we all blinded by them as well?