desire to trim my beard

Guest random guy

If you've been thinking about trimming it, the your already half way there.

No good coming on here to get confirmation so that you can proceed without guilt.

All the ones that have these doubts usually end up doing it and then realise what a mistake it was and grow it back !!

The reason sikhs keep their hair is because we believe their no reason for humans to remove hair in the first place. The rest of the world removes it and therefore we feel pressure to remove it. If everyone had beards this would not even be a question. We are lucky that as sikhs we get to see what real humans look like and appreciate living in that form, most people have never thought about what they do and why they do it.

I wouldn't trim it because if you trim it - it will grow back longer and thicker....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest i am Sikh

hey,

do it , no worries, if ur heart is pure and if u respect others, it doesnot matter how u look, i know how u feel , in this society things go by looks, if u think u will look good after u trim , do it . let me ask something if you walk into a social gathering lets say party or a club , u see a girl and want to approach her, with full on beard do you think u can do that? time have changed this is not 1900 anymore. bottom line be true and pure from heart and adapt to the modern society !!!

Bhaiji, we can all sit here typing and quoting Gurbani on reasons why you should keep your kesh but the initial decision is yours.

It is only you that can pick up that razor and put it to your face.

Take into consideration what the Sangat has said but your final decision will come from within, no one can make this decision for you.

Hope you make the right choice. . . :happy2:

Guest Tu rehndeh

hey,

do it , no worries, if ur heart is pure and if u respect others, it doesnot matter how u look, i know how u feel , in this society things go by looks, if u think u will look good after u trim , do it . let me ask something if you walk into a social gathering lets say party or a club , u see a girl and want to approach her, with full on beard do you think u can do that? time have changed this is not 1900 anymore. bottom line be true and pure from heart and adapt to the modern society !!!

bas kar, vadda modern aya

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Harpreet Singh

Hey,, i am sikh boy and i wanna share my feeling and solution from you. Actually, I wanna trim my beard now because when i talk to somebody, i feel that they are mostly looking at my curly beard not me, this lose my confidence. I do set me beard with gel but sometime its look odd. I don't know what to do. I need help............................... Please tell me or guide me..............................

a sikh banda should never lose confidence if you wanna trim because you sh1t yourself every time a girl talks to you i suggest you go the whole hog trimming is a cowards way out!

if only the great shaheeds could see wht thy gave their lives for "mr curly hairs sap my confidence"

aww kudiya piche hi te syapa peha sabnu waal katanda n triming all dat... OMG y did u made girls ...... :wow: :wow: koi hor jugaad ni c tere kol :angry2:

a vekho chann chadi jaunda , wada aya its ok ala

na teri maa ne tainu isi din lai jameya si , naleyka?

Na ede maa ne enhu jam ke sochya hona - "Eh kanjar mere ghar hi paida hona c ki" :p