Helpful or not?

SeekingTheLight

I think it depends on the cause of the pain. If it is a short term inflamation, then I think it may work but if it is a longer term problem, I'm not so sure. It's funny I was just talking about this to my mum. But yeah, it is nasty as hell if you have it in a whole glass of milk. I couldn't finish it. My mum said the best way to do it is to mix it with just a bit of milk until it is a thickish paste then quickly gulp it down and immediately have a drink after that (milk again I guess). That way you mimimise the disgusting taste.

You can buy capsules these days. It has alot of other benefits too apparently, anti cancerous properties are one of the main things it is being investigated for.

• 2 weeks later...

if you take haldhi, make sure it's pure. the haldhi that's in open bins at grocery stores has some sort of chemical added to it. we can tell b/c the colour of pure haldhi is a beautiful deep orange and it also doesn't taste bad. the stuff in the bins tastes horrific and has an off colour. you can get pure haldhi, ground up from the roots right in front of your eyes in india. highly recommended.