is there anything written about keeping hair and beard for sikhs in guru granth sahib?

Guest peace preachers

• 7 months later...

The yogis do tapasiya for years on end high up in the mountains leaving behind all that they have just so that they can attain a level of peace, control over their minds, to purify their hearts. Guruji gave us Bani and Bana and Amrit. When Guruji requested Amrit from the Panj Piaray, he did Ardas that i will give you my whole family in return for 5bhuk of Amrit. All this so we today could live with our heads held high, attain mukhti by taking Amrit and living life according to our Gurujis Hukum.

If you think its possible to attain mukhti without, go ahead try it. If you can clear your mind, have control over it, attain peace without Amrit, without Gurujis humuk, without Naam, CONGRATULATIONS! You've just found the shortcut to what the yogis and sadhus have been working towards for years on end.

It disgusts me that you would rather Sikhs "cut [their] hair", give up their Sikhi, be a traitor to their Guru Sahib who gave his whole family so we today could live in peace, just so it would be "much easier to get up and get ready" in the mornings?!

You may know "sikhs" who are superstitious, it doesnt make the whole 30odd million Sikhs superstitious. What a daft thing to say!

You think theres no need for Sikhi saroop? Are you in Sikhi saroop? How can you say theres no need for something you have not tried or experienced? There is very much a need for Sikhi saroop today perhaps more than ever before. But i wouldnt expect a sheep to understand this. This is a concept known only to the Singhs. The Singhs who have and will continue to save the ars* of people like yourself.

You ask if Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj tells us anything about keeping Sikhi saroop? I do not have enough knowledge to give you a quote, perhaps my more knowledgable brothers and sisters can help you with that. But, Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj created the Khalsa with Amrit. Guruji is our tenth Master, our father. His word is as true, meaningful and relevant as the word of our Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj. So whether or not Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj tells us to keep Sikhi saroop or not, our Dasam Pita does!!

Secondly to that question, Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj is not a book, it is not a collection of rules, dos and donts unlike the Holy Books of say Islam, Christianity, Judaism. Guru ji is Dhur Ki Bani. The literal word of Akal Purkh Maharaaj!

Pul chuk maaf ji

Well there no instructions regarding Dastaar, but rather Gurubani says," bhekhi rabb na paey" that is you cannot receive God by wearing any guise or dress. And if you think , in Guru Granth Sahib ji , bani of saints like Kabir, Ravidas, Namma, Ramdev, and baba Farid is included by 5th Guru Ramdaas ji . Now these holy men had trimmed beards, shaven heads, some had headgear and some didn't. Because there is not fullness of truth left among Sikhs and their scholars, they are introducing symbols and trying to hold things together. I am afraid that will not be sufficient to quench the spiritual thirst of a person.

I am a latter-saints and read and listen to Gurbani day and night. I understand Gurubani shabad , because I have been endowed with the Gift of the Holy Ghost ( Ram naam ). Gurbani can only be understood by this gift as Gurbani was written by Gurus by the power of the Holy Ghost. You cannot understand the coded language of Gurbani simply by reciting.

And againg, this gift of Ram naam cannot be obtained by reciting Waheguru, rather it has to be bestowed upon by someone have authority from God.That authority vanished with the Tenth Guru. But Guru Govind ji left prophecies about the Restoration of that Authority and Khalis Dharm in our day, which has happened and I belong to that company of the saints. That is my firm faith and testimony. Anyone can find out.

Whaegur ji ka khalsa , Whaegurui Fathe.

Well there no instructions regarding Dastaar, but rather Gurubani says," bhekhi rabb na paey" that is you cannot receive God by wearing any guise or dress. And if you think , in Guru Granth Sahib ji , bani of saints like Kabir, Ravidas, Namma, Ramdev, and baba Farid is included by 5th Guru Ramdaas ji . Now these holy men had trimmed beards, shaven heads, some had headgear and some didn't. Because there is not fullness of truth left among Sikhs and their scholars, they are introducing symbols and trying to hold things together. I am afraid that will not be sufficient to quench the spiritual thirst of a person.

I am a latter-saints and read and listen to Gurbani day and night. I understand Gurubani shabad , because I have been endowed with the Gift of the Holy Ghost ( Ram naam ). Gurbani can only be understood by this gift as Gurbani was written by Gurus by the power of the Holy Ghost. You cannot understand the coded language of Gurbani simply by reciting.

And againg, this gift of Ram naam cannot be obtained by reciting Waheguru, rather it has to be bestowed upon by someone have authority from God.That authority vanished with the Tenth Guru. But Guru Govind ji left prophecies about the Restoration of that Authority and Khalis Dharm in our day, which has happened and I belong to that company of the saints. That is my firm faith and testimony. Anyone can find out.

stop missguiding people

learn to eradicate your home first and write fateh properly

Sabat surat dastar sira - Sri Adi Guru Granth Sahib ji

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jacfsing2

Who gave you Ram Nam if you said that someone has to give it you and the authority ended after Guru Gobind Singh Ji? Stop making contradictions in your own views. In modern era, the Punj Pyare give Naam;(however, their main goal is to assist you in giving your head to the Guru).

no I disagree the bhagats, saints and even Jesus , Moses all had long kesh and full beards (agewise) all Godward souls tend to this as they accept God-given appearence and stay in Hukam (God's will) and they lose sense of fitting into man's expectations of them .

Just because revisionists make pictures showing other things doesn't make it true e.g Jesus wasn't white , he would have looked like other Middleeastern People -tanned with dark hair but that doesn't fit it with European ideas of looks. I have seen African Jesus - black, Korean Jesus - more oriental features . We respect and listen to the message not fixate on the body's looks, most images of Christ are made many many years after his being around and just subject to an impression in the artist's mind.

Wrong again Dhur ki Bani has so much power even reciting it without full understanding can transform people's hearts and minds , and further understanding can and will be revealed , true you need a Guru and have Naam bestowed but Our Guru is that Dhur ki Bani, Guru Granth Sahib ji and Guru panth in the form of Panj Piarey together bestow naam when Khande di pahul is given to the seeker on his/her giving of their head in Amrit Sanchar.

Guru Gobind SIngh ji made the order of the Khalsa and showed us how to bring them into being we don't have to wait for prophecies and the Church of the Latter -day Saints is not what he mentioned ...

no I disagree the bhagats, saints and even Jesus , Moses all had long kesh and full beards (agewise) all Godward souls tend to this as they accept God-given appearence and stay in Hukam (God's will) and they lose sense of fitting into man's expectations of them .

Just because revisionists make pictures showing other things doesn't make it true e.g Jesus wasn't white , he would have looked like other Middleeastern People -tanned with dark hair but that doesn't fit it with European ideas of looks. I have seen African Jesus - black, Korean Jesus - more oriental features . We respect and listen to the message not fixate on the body's looks, most images of Christ are made many many years after his being around and just subject to an impression in the artist's mind.

Wrong again Dhur ki Bani has so much power even reciting it without full understanding can transform people's hearts and minds , and further understanding can and will be revealed , true you need a Guru and have Naam bestowed but Our Guru is that Dhur ki Bani, Guru Granth Sahib ji and Guru panth in the form of Panj Piarey together bestow naam when Khande di pahul is given to the seeker on his/her giving of their head in Amrit Sanchar.

Guru Gobind SIngh ji made the order of the Khalsa and showed us how to bring them into being we don't have to wait for prophecies and the Church of the Latter -day Saints is not what he mentioned ...

JKV Bhenji, i couldn't have put it better myself.

Dhan Dhan Baba Kabir Ji Maharaj, Dhan Dhan Baba Ravidas Ji Maharaj, Dhan Dhan Bhagat Namdev Ji Maharaj, Dhan Dhan Baba Farid Ji Maharaj all had kes and full dhari just like Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj and totally rejected Hinduism and Islam.

The lie that these blessed souls that are part of Maharaj were Hindu's + Muslims is a lie we must always counter.

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest

KEEP YOUR MOST RIDICULOUS VIEWS TO YOURSELF. YOU MUST BE LIVING IN A FOOLS' PARADISE TO

SAY " nowdays sikhs are the most superstitious poeple we see arround,,,"

A humble request to all please not to use such language as a follower of Sikh panth. And please do not associate superstitions to religion. As humans we created and have our own superstitions and the biggest one which normally we all posses is 'I know what is right, I know the right way, I know I am doing right'.

The only religion in this world is God other things are a way to tell us about God. Sikhism does not come from appearance. If you don't feel like keeping your hair, don't keep them.

Literal meaning of Sikh is 'learn/learner', Sikhism is 'learning'. Guru means 'teacher'. A person learning from teacher 'Guru Granth Sahib Ji' is Sikh and if we think that we know what is right we can not learn.

Referring to 'Sikhs were told not to be Superstitious' Gurus also told us not to be so involved in this world and its things, cutting hair and going after looks is an indication that we are getting too involved in this world and deviating from our main aim of working toward God.

A request for people who have Sikhi Saroop: you all are representatives of Sikhism, having and maintaining Sikhi saroop gives you one big responsibility of representing Sikhi in right way at individual, physical, social, spiritual level. What we speak defines us. Please make sure as a representative you are uttering right definition & explanation through your individuality, words, life style, and practices. (Sikhism is precious, we don't want to loose its originality)

For others who wants and try to be a Sikh (a learner) please start learning from Guru Granth Sahib, you will get answers to all your questions. Physical appearance does matter but it is not the only priority, biggest thing is to improve at Spiritual level.

If I said anything wrong, I offer my apologies.