is there anything written about keeping hair and beard for sikhs in guru granth sahib?

Guest peace preachers

Careful with this one

ਲੁੰਜਿਤ ਮੁੰਜਿਤ ਮੋਨਿ ਜਟਾਧਰ ਅੰਤਿ ਤਊ ਮਰਨਾ ॥੧॥
Lunjith Munjith Mon Jattaadhhar Anth Thoo Maranaa ||1||
लुंजित मुंजित मोनि जटाधर अंति तऊ मरना ॥१॥
The Jains with shaven heads, the silent ones, the beggars with matted hair - in the end, they all shall die. ||1||
3 ਆਸਾ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੬ ਪੰ. ੧੮

Muni also refers to hindu aesthics not for the cutting of hair but for being saintly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muneeswarar

"Muneeswarar or Muneeswaran (Tamil முனீஸ்வரன்) is a Hindu god. 'Muni' means 'saint' and 'iswara' represents 'Shiva'. He is considered as a form of Shiva. He is worshiped as a family deity in most Shaivite families.

"

Guru is talking about their hypocrisy where as people would treat them with reverence instead. Guru ji in the same tuk is rejecting other samprayada or firqas of hindu aesthetics who go door to door begging and insulting people who haven't understood the truth of spirituality. It's common in punjabi to talk about rishi-munis the saintly people not muni as moneh.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate ever leaving comments to anyone because I'm not perfect, but seriously people this person asked a straightforward question and its amazing to watch how our "true sikhs" make it about hate. Guru granth sahib says a lot of things but it doesn't say be evil to people to people looking for answers.

Uncut hair and beard are an integral part of Sikhi. But Sikhi is a matter of choice, you have a free will to walk your own path. Sikhi is an experience of conscious creation, means it takes initiative to align with higher conscious (Guru Sahibs path). Life itself is an illusion, human being made of 50 trillion cells or more. Cells made of atoms with electrons moving in orbits. It is in a constant state of motion. Yet we see physical objects are solid. Guru Sahibs see this illusion as an illusion and say about in Guru Granth Sahib also. Sikhi is a path of choice. Ours is not a better way its just another way.

is there anything written about keeping hair and beard for sikhs in guru granth sahib?

a person should be sikh from heart or from is looks ????????

the much easier way is to loose the dastaar means cut ur hair , will be much easier to get up and get ready ,, ,,, gurus always told us to be non superstitious and nowdays sikhs are the most superstitious poeple we see arround,,,in now days times there is no need of a sikh swaroop , one should try to be true sikh from heart and not by looks ,,,

No there isn't in the GGS but in the rehatnamas there are.

They could be, a very valid point there my friend. But it's clear that in History Guru gave kes as a kakar to the sikhs in 1699.

Read the sarcasm in my tone.I was just pointing out how much of a hypocrite you were being by not acknowledging rehitnamas is one scenario and using the same rehitnamas to your benifit.

Ps:I beleive in kes as kakaar.

Read the sarcasm in my tone.I was just pointing out how much of a hypocrite you were being by not acknowledging rehitnamas is one scenario and using the same rehitnamas to your benifit.

Ps:I beleive in kes as kakaar.

But historical evidence is not a necessary part of a rehatnama. I said the information that goes against gurmat in rehatnamas cannot be trusted not that the whole rehatnama is invalid. My point is we must use our brains. I have nothing against rehatnamas only the parts where the information stated is against gurmat like the colour red being a bad colour.