is there anything written about keeping hair and beard for sikhs in guru granth sahib?

Guest peace preachers

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa !! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!

Guru ji states

Sabat soraat sidah darah !!

I have not noticed that ...you mean below.......

Sabat surat dastaar sira

This is from a shabad addressed to a muslim. It is NOT any kind of instruction to wear turban.

Se the complete shabad

I have not noticed that ...you mean below.......

This is from a shabad addressed to a muslim. It is NOT any kind of instruction to wear turban.

Se the complete shabad

Yest its talks more.

Some people kept hair and some did not but Guru Gobind Singh Sahib made it mandatory to keep hair.

Every shabad that is in Guru Granth Sahib is address to every sikh, you know this much better then me.

Yest its talks more.

Some people kept hair and some did not but Guru Gobind Singh Sahib made it mandatory to keep hair.

Every shabad that is in Guru Granth Sahib is address to every sikh, you know this much better then me.

I know,

I just had to rub it in for fun :lol2: .

SInce on the other posts, we have members claiming some of us are missionaries.

So, what would the hard core missionary insist ???

He would insist that the shabad is NOT addreesed to us, but to the muslims.!!! :wow: :wow:

I think me and you both realize, why Guru Arjan Dev ji kept and include this shabad! :respect:

I know,

I just had to rub it in for fun :lol2: .

SInce on the other posts, we have members claiming some of us are missionaries.

So, what would the hard core missionary insist ???

He would insist that the shabad is NOT addreesed to us, but to the muslims.!!! :wow: :wow:

I think me and you both realize, why Guru Angad Dev ji kept and include this shabad! :respect:

We can laugh without any missionary bashing in this issue. :biggrin2:

• 3 months later...
Guest gurchela

well if its a matter of y to b a sikh by looks more important , i could give the simple explanation that for me, if i think i should keep my hair intact and wear a turban even if the situations don't allow, i would rather do it as a token of respect to my guru... after all he did a lot for us.... and if you feel that respecting your guru is not that wrong, and you are not harming anybody, you will succeed one day..... big achievements are not owned in a day or month or so... it takes a lot of tome, patience, sacrifice and yet not to get confused about your aim.

take an example of india.. many raised to make india free of slavery and sacrificed their lives and families.... but as feeling of a free india did not go away with their death, one day came when india became free.... the fighters could not see their success, but we are enjoying living in a free country... moreover, all this, every matter be it small or big, this world has been created by god, we are just the "mohrey" of this huge chess game.... ohde hukum bina ta ikk patta v ni hilda, fer humans ta gll e ki..... we pray to god in ardaas to bless us with 'sumat', 'bisaah', 'patience' everyday, and when god conducts exam, we fail..... how will we get to know if we hv got patience??? only when we are prpovided with the condition where everone can lose tempre quickly...... but we fail, despite of prayer and then blame god for our nature, but forget an old saying that god helps them who help themselves.... so its all created by god to teach us how to live like god, but we are so backward that even after centuries we will not be able to achieve just because we are not so able to apply the concept of " mann tu jot saroop hai, apna mool pachhaan" there is a huge lack of synchronization between what, we hear, what we understand and what we apply .......... so try to get every optimisic answer for whatever question you have in your mind.... and always be optimistic, always try to think to achieve a positive justification of what everyone says and then build your highly optimistic views to make them understand which part of their statement is right and which one is wrongh and why as u thought.. remember, our gurus never put an orthodox phenomenon... its only the explanation made by different people..... sikhism views are modern, only if we think that way..... try harder...... you will find a pleasure to give respect to ideas of gurus.... never lose your temper in any condition, coz all that happens , happens in his hukum......... to teach you how to handle a situation in a way that everyone starts respecting your everything...... whatever i wrote may not be sufficient to explain what i said, but i feel just one thing that sikh principles are modern if i think..... all the best

ਰੋਮੇ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮੇ ਮੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ਰਾਮ ॥
Romae Rom Rom Romae Mai Guramukh Raam Dhhiaaeae Raam ||
रोमे रोमि रोमि रोमे मै गुरमुखि रामु धिआए राम ॥
With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord.
15 ਆਸਾ (ਮ: ੪) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੪੩ ਪੰ. ੭

Rom actually means cells, or every fibre of your body, or the very building blocks of yourself you are meditating with everything within yourself. Rom is sanskrit in origin and this rom sirman is mentioned in hindu texts and in some bollywood songs as well it refers not to hair. But the idea of being in the entire innate disposition is your roms are not destroyed with your hair being made of roms aswell, even though nails are cut off which are also similarly a part of yourself. So it's not the best tuk to justify it.