is there anything written about keeping hair and beard for sikhs in guru granth sahib?

Guest peace preachers

Guest peace preachers

is there anything written about keeping hair and beard for sikhs in guru granth sahib?

a person should be sikh from heart or from is looks ????????

the much easier way is to loose the dastaar means cut ur hair , will be much easier to get up and get ready ,, ,,, gurus always told us to be non superstitious and nowdays sikhs are the most superstitious poeple we see arround,,,in now days times there is no need of a sikh swaroop , one should try to be true sikh from heart and not by looks ,,,

The yogis do tapasiya for years on end high up in the mountains leaving behind all that they have just so that they can attain a level of peace, control over their minds, to purify their hearts. Guruji gave us Bani and Bana and Amrit. When Guruji requested Amrit from the Panj Piaray, he did Ardas that i will give you my whole family in return for 5bhuk of Amrit. All this so we today could live with our heads held high, attain mukhti by taking Amrit and living life according to our Gurujis Hukum.

If you think its possible to attain mukhti without, go ahead try it. If you can clear your mind, have control over it, attain peace without Amrit, without Gurujis humuk, without Naam, CONGRATULATIONS! You've just found the shortcut to what the yogis and sadhus have been working towards for years on end.

It disgusts me that you would rather Sikhs "cut [their] hair", give up their Sikhi, be a traitor to their Guru Sahib who gave his whole family so we today could live in peace, just so it would be "much easier to get up and get ready" in the mornings?!

You may know "sikhs" who are superstitious, it doesnt make the whole 30odd million Sikhs superstitious. What a daft thing to say!

You think theres no need for Sikhi saroop? Are you in Sikhi saroop? How can you say theres no need for something you have not tried or experienced? There is very much a need for Sikhi saroop today perhaps more than ever before. But i wouldnt expect a sheep to understand this. This is a concept known only to the Singhs. The Singhs who have and will continue to save the ars* of people like yourself.

You ask if Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj tells us anything about keeping Sikhi saroop? I do not have enough knowledge to give you a quote, perhaps my more knowledgable brothers and sisters can help you with that. But, Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj created the Khalsa with Amrit. Guruji is our tenth Master, our father. His word is as true, meaningful and relevant as the word of our Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj. So whether or not Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj tells us to keep Sikhi saroop or not, our Dasam Pita does!!

Secondly to that question, Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj is not a book, it is not a collection of rules, dos and donts unlike the Holy Books of say Islam, Christianity, Judaism. Guru ji is Dhur Ki Bani. The literal word of Akal Purkh Maharaaj!

Pul chuk maaf ji

sathigur apanaa sadh sadhaa samhaarae || I contemplate, forever and ever, the True Guru; gur ky crn kys sMig Jwry ]1] gur kae charan kaes sa(n)g jhaarae ||1|| with my hair, I dust the feet of the Guru. ||1|| jwgu ry mn jwgnhwry ] jaag rae man jaaganehaarae || Be wakeful, O my awakening mind! ibnu hir Avru n Awvis kwmw JUTw mohu imiQAw pswry ]1] rhwau ] bin har avar n aavas kaamaa jhoot(h)aa mohu mithhiaa pasaarae ||1|| rehaao || Without the Lord, nothing else shall be of use to you; false is emotional attachment, and useless are worldly entanglements. ||1||Pause||

• 7 months later...
Guest Jasdeep

Cut your hair a million times and it grows back million times. It will keep re-growing even if you kept cutting till your last breath. Cut you hand ONLY once and it will never grow back. You decide what's more important and precious in God's eye; though God could have given us the capacity to regrow our limbs. Lizards, for example, regrow their lost limbs, don't they? All deeply spiritual or saintly people understand this and appreciate hair a lot more than ordinary masses. Loving God starts with loving and abiding to His WILL and His WILL first starts with your BODY. A shaved man looks a featherless rooster in God's eye. Without hair we look incomplete or like a joker in God's eye. Our Gurus know this very well and taught us how to stand up to the mark in God's eye than appeasing the world. World may think hand is more important so that it should regrow but its the hair that regrows every time you cut them. You should be smart to notice thin and oblige. If I lend you my car to make your journey easy and you start to alter it or remove its parts as trash, I won't be very happy, right? Same is true with your body. Use this body to complete this life journey but do not alter it in any way. You do not own this body. It's a gift to you by God. Gifts are accepted and kept as they are!!! Gurbani teaches to stay in His hukam or will everyday.

a person should be sikh from heart or from is looks ????????

the much easier way is to loose the dastaar means cut ur hair , will be much easier to get up and get ready ,, ,,, gurus always told us to be non superstitious and nowdays sikhs are the most superstitious poeple we see arround,,,in now days times there is no need of a sikh swaroop , one should try to be true sikh from heart and not by looks ,,,

KEEP YOUR MOST RIDICULOUS VIEWS TO YOURSELF. YOU MUST BE LIVING IN A FOOLS' PARADISE TO

SAY " nowdays sikhs are the most superstitious poeple we see arround,,,"