Suffering Half Dead Animals - What Is The Sikh Thing To Do?

Kalsingh

• 2 months later...

we have mice in our garage,i have set traps for them, and killed 14 mice so far this year.

One mouse was unfortunate enough to get trapped just by the edge of his mouth, and i had to put the poor thing out of its misery, (the traps if they get the mouse by the neck kill instantly) and i couldnt bring myself to hit it with a hammer, so i picked the trap up and put it in a plastic box and filled it would water, but seeing the little critter drown was worse.

I should have hit it with something instead to kill it straightout, rather than watch its little legs twitching and shaking as it died.

though I know this is no-doubt an attention grabbing post; I still feel the need to address this

Are you actually serious about this? at first dog at my house would kill the mice around our house. I believe 2 were killed if I remember correctly. Recently, I found that she cornered 4 mice in a bucket and left them for us alive. I went out and set them free.

Sikhism teaches to not take the lives of the innocent and to defend them. While a black widow spider could be a threat or something like a cobra; mice are no threat and there are several means to dispose of them without taking away the flame of life.

Seriously, do 20 seconds of research and you can find several means to trap them and set them free in a distant field, forest, or any area.

You doing what you're doing is treating life like garbage.

All life is sacred bro.

though I know this is no-doubt an attention grabbing post; I still feel the need to address this

Are you actually serious about this? at first dog at my house would kill the mice around our house. I believe 2 were killed if I remember correctly. Recently, I found that she cornered 4 mice in a bucket and left them for us alive. I went out and set them free.

Sikhism teaches to not take the lives of the innocent and to defend them. While a black widow spider could be a threat or something like a cobra; mice are no threat and there are several means to dispose of them without taking away the flame of life.

Seriously, do 20 seconds of research and you can find several means to trap them and set them free in a distant field, forest, or any area.

You doing what you're doing is treating life like garbage.

All life is sacred bro.

Paaji - Don't mind him, he was feeling unloved the day he wrote that! He loves his rocky's veggie wrap as much as the next Singh!! :-D