Asking For Forgiveness?

Guest Unknown

Guest Unknown

Hi, I was wondering if any of you could help me with this question as it has been bothering me for way too long now.

This might be a bit long, so bear with me.

Basically, I'm a 19 year old girl who is NOT amrit dhari and not very religious (i cut my hair etc)

however, I have always believed in God and go to the gurudwara and pray more than I used too.

Anyways, I have committed many sins throughout my teenage years and not so long ago, I did some

things with a guy and I am not exactly proud of it..

Now, of course..this regret and guilt is killing me and I do not have anyone to reach out but God himself.

However, I seriously feel ashamed in front of him for the "lust" activities I have been through.

I just can't deal with this anymore, I've been super depressed and the guilt is literally finishing me off from the

inside day by day. I asked God for forgiveness but I have not come to peace with myself. You could say, I am a girl

that beats herself down over and over again. My sins have been big but my regrets/apologies are even bigger, believe me.

Okay...so the main question, I guess...How do I ask for forgiveness? How will I know I have been forgiven?

Does God even forgive these sins? I want to start on the right path...how do I control my mind/thoughts/actions?

Could I ever cleanse my soul from these sins or will I have to go through the bad things because of this? (Karma)

I've seriously realized all the things I have done were really bad! At this point, I would like to change myself but

don't even know where to start...I just keep calling myself "stupid, <banned word filter activated>, worthless" etc :(

Confused & lost, please help!

i've done somethings I'm not proud of and made myself very depressed etc in the process which also has a negative effect on the body. i think you can make things worse for yourself like this as theres only so much stress your mind/body can bear. Its good that you have some regret for your actions but dont be too hard on yourself so you harm yourself. Making a few mistakes here and there doesnt make you a bad/evil person. For some people it may be neccessary to make mistakes in order to learn and teach others from your own experience to help them also.

You cant go back and change things.You've recognised some of your mistakes. Now look to improve yourself. Everyday is an opportunity to better yourself. Also take time to reflect on how your in this Mortal body but your actually an Immortal being so how is your experience relative to that?

Some very good suggestions in posts above mines also.

• 9 months later...
Guest Kaur

I am a 17 year old girl and i cant help but masturbate. I know it is wrong and recently i have been getting better. But sometimes i just slip and afterwards, i regret it so much. I am constantly worried and i dont know what to do. How do i stop this? and how can i ask for guruji's forgiveness?

I am a 17 year old girl and i cant help but masturbate. I know it is wrong and recently i have been getting better. But sometimes i just slip and afterwards, i regret it so much. I am constantly worried and i dont know what to do. How do i stop this? and how can i ask for guruji's forgiveness?

I just recently turned 18 but yeah I'm dealing with the same issue as you bhenji. I just do ardas to guru ji to protect me from maya and just ask for forgiveness when u do ardas. Guru sahib is bakhshanhar he is a forgiver, we are not perfect and we will never be perfect, only guru ji is perfect.

I am a sinner, You are the Forgiver. ||1||

kaam karoDh mohi vas kee-aa kirpan lobh pi-aar.

When you are under the power of sexual desire, anger and worldly attachment, or a greedy miser in love with your wealth;

chaaray kilvikh un agh kee-ay ho- aa asur sanghaar.

if you have committed the four great sins and other mistakes; even if you are a murderous fiend

pothee geet kavit kichh kaday na karan Dhari-aa.

who has never taken the time to listen to sacred books, hymns and poetry

chit aavai os paarbarahm taa nimakh simrat tari-aa. ||4||

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, and contemplate Him, even for a moment, you shall be saved.

||4||

• 1 month later...
Guest Barpreet Singh

hey guyz i am a skih and i am only yet 15 1/2 but i *edit* those other years may be because i have been starting to pray now... so please help me get god;s foregiveness and i'll be blessed please help get rid of this thing foreever!! Satnam shri waheguru!!

• This topic was locked and unlocked