Asking For Forgiveness?

Guest Unknown

Guys, first thing you all need to do is forgive yourselves! You are suffering guilt, so you clearly know what you did in the past was wrong.  So have mercy on yourself and forgive yourself!    Just like you would have mercy on someone else and forgive them.  Maybe you did not know any better when you did wrong, but now you do!  Thank God for that.  And see what you can learn from your mistakes.

And believe in yourself!  Deep down, you are a good person, and you know it.  Reconnect with that.

How?  First by being kind to yourself, like you would to a dear friend.  Understand that your guilt is your body's way of telling you "don't do that again!".  And instead of despairing, just develop some humility- "i did wrong, now im suffering for it, but i will be a good person and get better as a person from now, i will think how a good person would be and i will be like that form now on".  

One day, after having ishnaan, go to Gurdwara and with whatever faith you can go and do matha tekh at Guru's charan kamal.  Leave your burdens there as much as possible. 

Find some saloks from SGGS that resonate with your situation and pain, and read them daily when you require strength.  

Instead of beating yourself up, put your mind on becoming a better person.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Ankit

Yes we all are sinner and punishment for sin is death.. but here is good news..

Jesus Christ already died on the cross for our whole world sin.. he already pay the price for our sin n on third day, He rose again from dead. Who ever believe in him will have everlasting life..

But if we confess our sins to him, Jesus is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
1 John 1:9 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/1jn.1.9.NLT

Mod Note: Just approving it so that Ankit (if not one sided troll) can learn what sikh dharam says on this topic. 

On 8/5/2018 at 6:28 AM, Guest Ankit said:

Yes we all are sinner and punishment for sin is death.. but here is good news..

Jesus Christ already died on the cross for our whole world sin.. he already pay the price for our sin n on third day, He rose again from dead. Who ever believe in him will have everlasting life..

But if we confess our sins to him, Jesus is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
1 John 1:9 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/1jn.1.9.NLT

Mod Note: Just approving it so that Ankit (if not one sided troll) can learn what sikh dharam says on this topic. 

I am confused now. The Sikh God also forgives when we believe in him. Is your god different from our god, if so, how different is he? God is forgiving, surely?

16 hours ago, Guest lol said:

I am confused now. The Sikh God also forgives when we believe in him. Is your god different from our god, if so, how different is he? God is forgiving, surely?

There's only One God

Religion is a total illusion. We are One, and He is All. 

Hes Truth. He's kind, compassionate, forgiving and All Loving. Confess your sins and face yourself and move forward. 

• 6 months later...

I am 16 years old and do one prayer once a day. I don't know why but i cant control my anger it gets to me too much. My anger gets so bad that i throw stuff at my parents when they dont agree with me. Then i absolutely hate myself for it. I am such a sinner. I would like god to forgive me for these sins. I would like to find a way to control my anger all the time. My mind is always lingering on the thoughts that anger me. 

Thanks 

• 1 year later...
Guest Singh
On 8/10/2012 at 11:47 AM, Guest Unknown said:

Hi, I was wondering if any of you could help me with this question as it has been bothering me for way too long now.

This might be a bit long, so bear with me.

Basically, I'm a 19 year old girl who is NOT amrit dhari and not very religious (i cut my hair etc)

however, I have always believed in God and go to the gurudwara and pray more than I used too.

Anyways, I have committed many sins throughout my teenage years and not so long ago, I did some

things with a guy and I am not exactly proud of it..

Now, of course..this regret and guilt is killing me and I do not have anyone to reach out but God himself.

However, I seriously feel ashamed in front of him for the "lust" activities I have been through.

I just can't deal with this anymore, I've been super depressed and the guilt is literally finishing me off from the

inside day by day. I asked God for forgiveness but I have not come to peace with myself. You could say, I am a girl

that beats herself down over and over again. My sins have been big but my regrets/apologies are even bigger, believe me.

Okay...so the main question, I guess...How do I ask for forgiveness? How will I know I have been forgiven?

Does God even forgive these sins? I want to start on the right path...how do I control my mind/thoughts/actions?

Could I ever cleanse my soul from these sins or will I have to go through the bad things because of this? (Karma)

I've seriously realized all the things I have done were really bad! At this point, I would like to change myself but

don't even know where to start...I just keep calling myself "stupid, <banned word filter activated>, worthless" etc :(

Confused & lost, please help!

Learn from your mistake and never repeat it again. ask for forgiveness from the bottom of your heart .... what you are describing is nothing compared to what others and my self have done but me and you both need to understand we are gods children , he will forgive us just like our parents do. You were a teenager at the time god is not stupid .. the creator knows everything and I'm pretty sure he knows teenagers dont have much of a brain! May god bless u 

• 2 months later...
Guest Simranpreet Kaur

I am 21 years old girl who lives in canada since last year. I had the relationship with 2 guys at the same time, with one because i was in love with him and second because  don’t wanted to hurt him. I had the physical relationships and i feel so much guilty, i want to come out of this trauma i have hurted both of them at end how can i seek the help of waheguru ji to come out of all this.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest MNINDER SINGH

What I Have Learned Is That When Ever A Negative Thought Arises Or Anything That You Know Deep Down Is Bad And You Dont Wanna Do It Just Wait I Mean Think As In Your Gonna Do It Latter On And At The End That Particular Feeling For Sure May Go Away And Bychance If Anything Good Comes In Mind  Do That Thing Right Away Because Later On U May Change Your Mind , However The Five Chors Are Powerfull Right Kaam , Karodh , Lob , Moh , Ankaar But Gods Name Is MUCH POWERFULL.