Great programme paaji, thanks for sharing it with us! One thing I would like to recommend as an alternative to Soy milk is Almond milk.. Just because I know that there is quite a lot of talk around the the negative side effects of Soy and its link to producing estrogen in men (the female hormone, which counters testosterone). I switched from cows milk to soy milk about 4 years ago, but then one of my friends who's a PT in Cali advised me to read a little more into the side effects. From that moment on I moved over to Almond milk, which I love! There are many articles out in cyberspace, so have a look and make your own mind up what works for you.. http://www.menshealt...egative-effects

Also I tend to use a hemp protien powder mix with Almond milk (with blueberries, banana, cacoa nibs & maca powder) as an additional good all round source of essential fats, fibre & protien etc. or a post training supplement..

NB. IN NO WAY DO I ADVOCATE THE USE OF CANNABIS OR CONSUMPTION FOR GETTING HIGH, HELPING WITH DIGESTION, AS A PAIN RELEIF OR ALTERING ONE'S MIND STATE! I AM A FIRM BELIEVER THAT CANNABIS CONSUMPTION, IN THE AFOREMENTIONED WAYS IS PURE MANMAAT AND STRICTLY AGAINST GURMAAT...

Hemp protein is not, cannabis in the drug sense, just the same way an apple is not cider or grapes are not wine or barley is not beer (I implore you to please do your research)..

Anyways, great topic paaji, I look forward to reading more of your updates.

Waheguru

Veer Shaheed , I have been on soy milk for last like 3 months and so far no estrogen / gynaecomestia etc

Also drink soy shakes and consume tofu - think this is just a myth propounded by meat industry , the phytoestrogens in soy dont convert to active form in humans (At least from my experience)

But I also agree - almond milk and rice milk are great substitutes , I dont drink too much almond milk because soy has way more protien.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...