Amritdhari But Needs Help From Fellow Amritdhari

13Mirch

I have been an amritdhari since June and now I am facing a most extreme battle with myself. Please help me.

1.) Lust- I have tried very hard controlling it but it seems to be triumphing. I wake up in the mornings and sometimes my kachera is soiled. At first I thought it would be the food I eat and so cut down on my diet but this problem still continues. How to stop this?

2.) When lust is done I feel angry at myself very much. When I wake up late to do nitnem I feel very angry How do I stop this?

3.) During the weekends I try waking up but my body feels the cold and doesn't let me. How do I overcome this?

Guest KhalsaSikhi

Lust is a creative energy. Perhaps try working on a big project that you can put your energy into, maybe take up a hobby. Put that heat into something else and let it channel there.

Getting up early in the morning takes great discipline, and it's all about preparation and focus. So this means ensure you get the sleep you need, whether that means go to sleep early. What I mean by focus is to ensure you have a strong enough reason to get up early in the morning. For e.g. with myself I always focus on how time is running out and there are only going to be a certain number of Amrit Vela's left and I have to make the most of them as who knows how many opportunities are left.

Finally I would strongly urge you to do Ardaas and have faith in Guru Ji that he will give you the strength to take care of these three situations. I hope some of these thoughts are helpful

• 2 months later...

About what time the amritvela ends at? Does anyone know?

the typical amritvela (morning nitnem/simran period) that depends on everyone's different views, some say 5am, some 6am, some even up to 10am or 12pm.

the true amrtivela is continuous 24/7. as amrit (non death) vela (time) is always present, how can it be otherwise. with out amrit vela, the world would not exist, not just this maya world, but also God would not, but God is amritvela itself too.

Anyway, back to original point. I don't think its something to regret or ask for forgiveness, its not in your hands at all, its God doing that himself, its His hukam..

Guest dasguruka

I had to go through the same phase and I'm not an Amritdhari. The answers I got were that with the paaths, do simran. That helps to spread the energy in your body to all the parts.

What dasguruka veer and others have said its true..it appears you just have to properly re-channel your energy by doing meditation so it could spread to all parts instead of majority of your energy staying at your bottom chakra..along with gurbani patt and simran you could also do some exercises like eg- sanjam kriya and there are some diets you can eat as well so it better distributes your energy all over than one spot.