• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Khalistani-Lion

Colours In Sikhi

33 posts in this topic

Please could someone clarify if we are allowed to wear red/green in sikhi? could you also provide examples to support your answer? I have been told that red represents lust and green is symbolic for islam

Thanks

my punjabi isn't as fluent as mentioned in the video. I understood he said black yellow white and blue. What about red and green?

੧ ਸੁਰਮਈ ੨ ਸਵਯੇ ੩. ਪੀਤ ੪ ਹਰਤ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਧਾਰੇ ।ਬਸਤ੍ਰ c ਕੋ ਨ ਪਹਿਰਹਿ

Wear fresh blue, white and yellow clothing. Do no wear Red.

Bhai daya Singh Ji

ਸੂਹਾ ਪਹਿਨ ਲਏ ਨਸਵਾਰ, ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਜਮ ਕਰੈ ਖੁਆਰ (10)

Guru Gobind Singh Ji says those that wear red will go to hell

Bhai Nand Lal Singh Ji

What if your forced to wear red though? I have a wedding coming up and we're forced to wear red ties

What if your forced to wear red though? I have a wedding coming up and we're forced to wear red ties

Then you'll be forced to go hell ;):p

sooha rang aint red rang! its bikh rang of maya.. which has been alocated the color of red. but, red colour is also the colour of the saints! goora rang is this saintly colour. and its alocated red rang. look at the faces of sants. its red with naam simean.. this is (EVENTUALLY) called ujal.. "te mukh ujale.."

on the other hand, u have red with angers. red with maya. with lust etc.. this is sooha rang. this is what guru G is talking about.. Re: sooha rang..

lwl Bey sUhw rMgu mwieAw..

(in jupping naam and getting the natad of god)... u become red with it, insteda the sooha rang of maya..

lastly, dont go into nitty gritty. maharaj wore green too..

fact is, that red, and green stimulates the mind in a certian way.. (it excites the neurons.. this is y u DO show a baby lotsa colours and different sounds etc.. it helps soo much with brain development)..

just like foods and sweets do.. if ur mind is fine with sweets, and colours, and u dont need to eat simple foods cuz of avastha aint to that level etc, then u dont need to worry about colours!.. also, they do serve jelebiiiz in heaven.. but that is a different rus.. amrit is sweet for a reason aswell.. :)

sooha rang aint red rang! its bikh rang of maya.. which has been alocated the color of red. but, red colour is also the colour of the saints! goora rang is this saintly colour. and its alocated red rang. look at the faces of sants. its red with naam simean.. this is (EVENTUALLY) called ujal.. "te mukh ujale.."

on the other hand, u have red with angers. red with maya. with lust etc.. this is sooha rang. this is what guru G is talking about.. Re: sooha rang..

lwl Bey sUhw rMgu mwieAw..

(in jupping naam and getting the natad of god)... u become red with it, insteda the sooha rang of maya..

lastly, dont go into nitty gritty. maharaj wore green too..

fact is, that red, and green stimulates the mind in a certian way.. (it excites the neurons.. this is y u DO show a baby lotsa colours and different sounds etc.. it helps soo much with brain development)..

just like foods and sweets do.. if ur mind is fine with sweets, and colours, and u dont need to eat simple foods cuz of avastha aint to that level etc, then u dont need to worry about colours!.. also, they do serve jelebiiiz in heaven.. but that is a different rus.. amrit is sweet for a reason aswell.. :)

misunderstanding3.jpg

You've completely misunderstood. Let's just stick to Gurmat colours rather than cause controversy. wlEmoticon-annoyed.png

If your mind is so easily swayed by colors, then you have a weak mind. The blood pumping through our bodies is red, so I guess that means we are all going to hell. Not that we believe in hell anyways, but that's a different topic.

No offense intended. Stating my opinion. Bhul chuk maaf.

1 person likes this

There are bigger issues in the panth and bigger chor's in the mind (kam, krodh, lob, moh, ahankar) that we need to get rid of instead of discussing on colors..seriously people need to move on...if not wearing red or green helps good for you, time to move on..whatever your perception (dristhi koun) is thats what you clearly become and discussing or debating the basics, one can easily get stuck in (by wrapping your head around it) to the point where one forgets the bigger picture "eho tari vari aa gobind millan di ".. ..its not as black and white ... if red was manmat nirmale wouldn't wear phagva and red color, its all about perception how you perceive things..!!

At the end of day, we are not sullehs/sunnis where most of them are stuck in shariat..!!

Ang- 1083

saraa sareeath lae ka(n)maavahu ||

Let your practice be to live the spiritual life.

thareekath tharak khoj ttolaavahu ||

Let your spiritual cleansing be to renounce the world and seek God.

maarafath man maarahu abadhaalaa milahu hakeekath jith fir n maraa ||3||

Let control of the mind be your spiritual wisdom, O holy man; meeting with God, you shall never die again. ||3||

Just for the record- I wear blue/white/skyblue/teal/brown at times and only on canada day - wear red..!!

1 person likes this

There are bigger issues in the panth and bigger chor's in the mind (kam, krodh, lob, moh, ahankar) that we need to get rid of instead of discussing on colors..seriously people need to move on...if not wearing red or green helps good for you, time to move on..whatever your perception (dristhi koun) is thats what you clearly become and discussing or debating the basics, one can easily get stuck in (by wrapping your head around it) to the point where one forgets the bigger picture "eho tari vari aa gobind millan di ".. ..its not as black and white ... if red was manmat nirmale wouldn't wear phagva and red color, its all about perception how you perceive things..!!

At the end of day, we are not sullehs/sunnis where most of them are stuck in shariat..!!

Ang- 1083

saraa sareeath lae ka(n)maavahu ||

Let your practice be to live the spiritual life.

thareekath tharak khoj ttolaavahu ||

Let your spiritual cleansing be to renounce the world and seek God.

maarafath man maarahu abadhaalaa milahu hakeekath jith fir n maraa ||3||

Let control of the mind be your spiritual wisdom, O holy man; meeting with God, you shall never die again. ||3||

Just for the record- I wear blue/white/skyblue/teal/brown at times and only on canada day - wear red..!!

I agree completely.

colour are colour man.... when you look at mahrajs prakash in the gurdwara its always decorated with different colour including red.. dont mean its lustful...colour r just colours.... okay bluw white orange their akali colours... bt just cuz your wearing red dont mean your acting lustful unless your doing it on purpse....

I think the reason mainly for the colors is because in olden times Green was a sign of Mughal armies and Red (blood orange) was always a sign of the hindu armies (hill rajas ect).

ਸੂਹਾ ਪਹਿਨ ਲਏ ਨਸਵਾਰ, ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਜਮ ਕਰੈ ਖੁਆਰ (10)

Guru Gobind Singh Ji says those that wear red will go to hell

Bhai Nand Lal Singh Ji

please tell me thats a joke? im a HUGE liverpool fan, i been wearing red since i was a kid.

please tell me thats a joke? im a HUGE liverpool fan, i been wearing red since i was a kid.

a liverpool fan living in luton? dear oh dear.

1 person likes this

a liverpool fan living in luton? dear oh dear.

omggg u cnt be series right!?!?!? im an italian fan!!! liverpool???? man i feel bad for you. ;)

misunderstanding3.jpg

You've completely misunderstood. Let's just stick to Gurmat colours rather than cause controversy.

this aint miss understood : /

its not complex, or controvercy.

yuor translation of sooha rang is rong. says kahan sng nabha, and prof sahib sing, and lotsa other ppl.wlEmoticon-annoyed.png

i cud say, no neela rang aint good. blak aint good. nor is kesri (which is actually what the 4th colour is... not yellowszz)..

cuz of neel bastra pehere, and "...dhare neel bhesa.." in uggardunti, u cant wear blue.

and cuza "kaale mainde kapre..." i can say blak aint sikhi colour..

thus only white is the colour and we shud all be naamdhari.

u see how silly this way you put your argument is? and what else can be said, and the needless conclusions you can make from this logic? - like, we shud all wear white all the time, and nothing else.

sooha rang is the 'silly' rang of maya.

maafme ifeye annoy you.. i dont mean to..

EVERYONE CALM DOWN... face it.. there just colours... they mean different things to different people... thats it.

If your mind is so easily swayed by colors, then you have a weak mind. The blood pumping through our bodies is red, so I guess that means we are all going to hell. Not that we believe in hell anyways, but that's a different topic.

No offense intended. Stating my opinion. Bhul chuk maaf.

blood is blue, just saying. We see it as red when its exposed to oxygen.

Also im a man united fan, i gota rep the red!

blood is blue, just saying. We see it as red when its exposed to oxygen.

Also im a man united fan, i gota rep the red!

Nah bro. Red blood cells contain hemoglobin that binds oxygen when the blood passes through the lungs. The oxygen then disassociates from the hemoglobin complex in the body tissues because the partial pressure of oxygen in less in the body. Then the blood goes back to the heart, and then the lungs to pick up oxygen again. De-oxygenated bood isn't really blue, it's just really dark red. Oxygenated blood is bright red.

Lol, I had an exam on this a while back.

1 person likes this

^^ tehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go science!

colours do influence the mind.. jus like food does.. and even the radio waves of the fone..if used for long periodza time.. if u do naam simran. if u dont do simran, then these things wont affect you..

its like, bani only hits those people who have a soft heart. but, other things will also hit the heart. as in, hurtfull things. this is y understanding is needed. else, it wudnt hit at all if no soft heart...

"... morm dil hovai"

nor is kesri (which is actually what the 4th colour is... not yellowszz)..

Is the color actually Besanti, not Kesri historically?