Singh559

Post Your Favorite Kirtan

247 posts in this topic

I quite enjoy this one over on the Basics of Sikhi kirtan playlist:

description from video: "Violin Kirtan of Guru Gobind Singh ji's Bani from Akaal Ustat Sahib, Nirjur Niroop Ho, Ke Sundar Saroop Ho (with English Subtitles) by Bhai KarmJit Singh and with Bhai Sher Singh Ambala's brother on Tabla!"

Nice lot of suggestions here, I'll have to bookmark this thread to go through them all. :)

1 person likes this

Bhai Harsimran Singh Ji is not only an accomplished kirtani but also tabla player

Here they are playing with Bhai Abinash Singh Ji - one of the best youth voices around and one of my top 5 simran tracks.

Edited by InderjitS
2 people like this

Bhai Varinder Singh Ji - still have one cassette of theirs that I listened to repeatedly back in the day. So many kirtanis copying these tunes, those were the days!

Edited by InderjitS

Please explain why the YouTube links are not appearing correctly, like they have for me previously.. :stupidinternet:

Please explain why the YouTube links are not appearing correctly, like they have for me previously.. :stupidinternet:

figured it out..lol :stupidme:

One of the best Raag voices around

http://www.sikhroots.com/audio-mp3/S/136-principal-shamsher-singh-kareer/411-mixed-kirtan/5159-saadho-man-kaa-maan-tiaago

More from Principal Ji - http://www.sikhroots.com/audio-mp3/S/136-principal-shamsher-singh-kareer/songs - btw the 1st shabad on this link is not by Shamsher Singh

Edited by InderjitS

This awakes bhagti, Vahiguroo amazing shabad:

1 person likes this

This awakes bhagti, Vahiguroo amazing shabad:

Nice voice. Pity they made errors with the English spellings, the glaring one being Guru Mera Paar 'Brahman'? instead of Gur merā pārbarahm gur bẖagvanṯ

1 person likes this

My favourite Asa di vaar recording by Bhai Balbir Singh ji Ragi

The tanti saaz deepen the shabad so much

Another Panth da rattan kitaniya is Bhai Avtar Singh ji (Delhi wale) I listen to his multi disc collection , GURBANI KIRTAN PARAMPARA in the car , my daughter loves volume 3 especially since I used to play a lot around the time my Father was doing his antim simran abihaas (48 hours non-stop)...the first track was so perfect it was like listening to my father

Hum Aadmi hai ik Dammi

can listen on www.gurmatveechar.com in their audio collection

Edited by jkvlondon
2 people like this