Post Your Favorite Kirtan

Singh559

Here is brief story of Baba Ji's life - http://www.info-sikh.com/BBJPage1.html

Thanks for posting. I've since listened to some of their vichaar & Baba Ji looks pretty Chardhikala!!

Having also read the article, there is one point I disagree with and I don't know if this is due to a mistranslation from Punjabi to English. In the story about the Rani, there was mention that Spirits can can steal naam, this to me does not make any sense? I am aware they are attracted to the Naam repeated by Abhyasi Gursikhs and even sit in their presence but it's not possible they can purge naam.

Thanks for posting. I've since listened to some of their vichaar & Baba Ji looks pretty Chardhikala!!

Having also read the article, there is one point I disagree with and I don't know if this is due to a mistranslation from Punjabi to English. In the story about the Rani, there was mention that Spirits can can steal naam, this to me does not make any sense? I am aware they are attracted to the Naam repeated by Abhyasi Gursikhs and even sit in their presence but it's not possible they can purge naam.

well if jamm can steal from you (the naam you did in 'open'), I'm sure Baba ji wouldn't steer us wrong.

InderjitS Ji,

I can entirely understand what you are saying and this is the majority view. There are a lot of atma's that when leaving the body they do not find a way to wherever they should go. This is due to them squandering their lives away when on this earth. They never did any Naam and did not do good deeds and now they are stuck in limbo, they cannot come back and there is no way they can see forwards, and there are anake atma's like this, they wonder the streets and those who can see then can see them. Now, if you are ne-gura that is with no Guru then you are not under the "shuttur shayaa" of your Guru, you have no protection. You do your paath but because you have no rehat ,no discipline and no Guru's Mohar then these spirits can come and plunder your khajana, this is how they survive, they are scavengers. Anyways this is not as important as becoming Gurus own, become a son/daughter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

BTW, article was written by yours truly.

When we shed our bodies we have to swim across the river to go to the other side. Our nam and nitnem will help us to cross this river which is very very frightening indeed. If we haven't taken the Khandey Batey di pauhl we will remain on this side of the river which is nearer to earth and is considered 'hellish!' We will remain there and become earthbound souls. As earthbound souls we will be walking on the streets to be seen by those who can see and to be heard by those that can hear us. We will not have any rest and before we know it, it will be time to reincarnate into the 84 lak junes. It would all depend on our karams where we take birth and the whole journey will start all over again. No one knows how long we will last in this june and then we will shed that body and go back to the next stage of our evolution.

So. the best plan is to start doing your nam jap and nitnem daily and do good karams and never hold a grudge in your heart and love all and everyone unconditionally and wish everyone the best. Kindness and compassion is the secret.

InderjitS Ji,

I can entirely understand what you are saying and this is the majority view. There are a lot of atma's that when leaving the body they do not find a way to wherever they should go. This is due to them squandering their lives away when on this earth. They never did any Naam and did not do good deeds and now they are stuck in limbo, they cannot come back and there is no way they can see forwards, and there are anake atma's like this, they wonder the streets and those who can see then can see them. Now, if you are ne-gura that is with no Guru then you are not under the "shuttur shayaa" of your Guru, you have no protection. You do your paath but because you have no rehat ,no discipline and no Guru's Mohar then these spirits can come and plunder your khajana, this is how they survive, they are scavengers. Anyways this is not as important as becoming Gurus own, become a son/daughter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

BTW, article was written by yours truly.

Yes Gurbani is testament that the Sevaks of Vaheguru are shielded from Jams and these scary creatures tremble in fear and are beggars in front of Gursikhs. I'm not convinced that Prets and other Joons can rob anyone of naam. What they can do is place a heavy burden on a person through fear but looting naam to me at least is not feasible. A person loses naam all by themselves, through their own actions.

Yes Gurbani is testament that the Sevaks of Vaheguru are shielded from Jams and these scary creatures tremble in fear and are beggars in front of Gursikhs. I'm not convinced that Prets and other Joons can rob anyone of naam. What they can do is place a heavy burden on a person through fear but looting naam to me at least is not feasible. A person loses naam all by themselves, through their own actions.

do you think Veer ji that the rules about taking the paap load off people by doing ninda would count here? because obviously humans talk ill of those jeev that disturb them and this one atma was bothering the sangat of the gurudwara?