Make Life Happen

Make life happen

You don’t have to wish or hope for things to happen. Because you can make things happen.

You don’t have to wonder whether something will work or not. Because you can gather the resources, make the effort and find out for yourself.

There’s no need to live in fear of what life might bring. You can make your life unfold in the way you’d like to see it unfold.

There’s no reason to worry about lack or limitation. You can act to work your way through whatever obstacles and challenges are present.

Of all the abilities you have, the most powerful ability is the ability to utilize your abilities in a meaningful way. Not only can you make things happen, you can make things happen with purpose and intention and in the service of your highest values.

Don’t worry or wonder or beg or steal or wish or regret or envy or wait. Use all that energy to make life happen, in the way you know is best, right now.

— Ralph Marston

Read more: http://greatday.com/motivate/110302.html#ixzz1xgyZECUi

[/left]

I can see why you like his words, whilst reading them I can't help but feel that what he has written just seems so intangible. Its all about positive thinking and reframing but written in a much wordier way. Saying that Paulo Coehlo, who I am a fan of writes similarly but is more concrete in that its about his life...

I am always struggling with myself, but I am very optimistic in this sense.

People are realizing more and more that happiness is freedom, and freedom is to be able to “travel light”, not possessing a lot of things, because at the end of the day, the things start to possess you.

I remember that I considered to buy a castle here in France: I went to see some.

One day I realized that if I buy a castle, I cannot think about anything but taking care of it. Therefore, I bought a small watermill, so to keep it is very easy, and I have time to go to the mountains, to walk, do spend my life in the way that I would like. In short: the less you have to keep, the more you have in freedom.

If I look back at my life I see many occasions where society tried to make me conform to “normality”. This resulted in three hospitalizations in an asylum when I was a teenager (which I describe in my book Veronika decides to die), torture when I was a young adult by the hands of the paramilitaries, and many defeats.

You could look at these experiences and say “Paulo’s life is tragic” but I don’t see it that way.

What I do see is someone trying to remain true to oneself. Yes there is a price but I believe that life tends to be very generous to those that are brave enough to take these risks.

In a word, I’ve always had faith in life, even when I thought “God forgot me”.

Be happy with your contradictions.