Jus Reign On The Panjabi Music Industry

With all the deepness of the last day, thought I'd post this hilarious critique of the Panjabi music industry. The last sketch, which appears to be a parody of the video to Jazzy B's song 'Soorma' had me rolling about on the floor in stitches. Enjoy.

hahaha i saw this when it came out. Rewatching it now. I think it was a parody of diljeet's panga and soorma lol

On a serious note, Jazzy B's last song with Manak was great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8tWpmvCNrE

Have you guys seen the last interview of Kuldeep Manak? Legendary interview and a lot of kourdian kourdian gallan - the truth about the industry.

@ Singh559 - I've got a radio set to a Panjabi / Sikh station and I've been hearing the above song for the past few months whenever I flick it on to make some tea, lol. I didn't really listen to the lyrics but I recognised Kuldip Manak's voice. I thought he was bleating on about Heer-Ranjha or Sahiba-Mirza again so I ignored it. It was only when I listened to the song properly and heard it in the context of a serious show on the state of modern Panjab, its culture, etc., on the same radio station did I realise the above song was quite decent.

Yeah, I don't really like punjabi music in general unless it has a story or deep meaning behind it. Yamla jatt and kuldeep manak are pretty high up there on the list for me. I remember when Manak and his son came to our city to the caruthers mela here in California (i had gone with my dad) (maybe 5-6 years ago). It was the first time I heard manak for real but hadn't started to really listen to the depth of some of his songs up until recently (not talking about this one, he has quite a bit). It's just one of those singers you can sit with your family with and listen to without any awkward lyrics.

Check out Kuldeep Manak's latest interview.

He sacrificed a lot going public and making songs like these. He may have not taken the steps to become a Khalsa himself but I still respect him a lot for taking the step when he did. People like Gurdas Mann supported the Khalsa movement but he did it privately and i'm not sure whether he does now or not.

Respect to Kuldeep Manak.

• 2 weeks later...