• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SINGH

Sikh Books And Audio Free Download

14 posts in this topic

sikh books are available for download at sikhbookclub.com.

Folders

<p id="explorer_container" style="font-family: Arial, verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 203px; overflow: auto; margin-left: -3px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); line-height: 12px; height: 513px; " unable_drag="1" unselectable="on">

gurfateh g quick question do you have guru nanak chamatkaar part two in english or guru kalgidhar chamatkaar part two in english ive been looking forever if not in english maybe an audio book in punjabi ?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Topics

• After hearing of the death of Maharani Jind Kaur, novelist Charles Dickens visited Kensal Green Cemetery to see the coffin of the lady whom the British Empire feared. Read his account of the visit from old publications...     In July 1863, writer and author Charles Dickens visited Kensal Green cemetery. A couple of weeks later  he heard that Maharani Jind Kaur died at Abingdon House and her service and temporary burial in the catacoomb of Kensal Green Dissenter's Chapel was arranged by her son Maharajah Duleep SIngh. On the 19th September 1863, Charles Dickens wrote the following two remarks in his weekly journal "All the Year Round":

"I have read in the papers of the Indian Princess brought here the other day, and whose remains some of her Sikh servants wished to have burnt. The coffin was placed in the Dissenters' catacomb, and though a speech was delivered on the virtues of the deceased, the burial is described in the company's registery book by the words "no ceremony". It was a large funeral with many carriages."

Later in the article Dickens writes: I asked to be taken to the Dissenters' catacomb, that I may see for myself the last resting place of the poor woman whose ashes have been squabbled over, and written on by Sikh and Christian. And down here, in a coffin covered with white velvet, and studded with brass and nails, rests the Indian dancing woman whose strong will and bitter emnity towards England caused Lord Dalhousie to say of her, when in exile, that she was the only person our government near feared. I place my hand on the coffin, and holding the candle obliquely, see a large gilt plate, whereon her name and titles are engraved."   Courtesy of Friends of Kensal Green Cemetery   http://duleepsingh.com/Articles/Article/23
    • I've read more than one contemporary account by goray (who were obviously watching him) explaining away his apparently 'profligate' behaviour as a trait he inherited from his father.  They destroyed his mother's reputation (apparently she was the only one with the bollox to challenge them in Panjab):
    • I am saying that the panj have to have excellent spiritual jeevan ...Bhai Rama Singh ji was one of the panj for me as a kid as far as I know he was not known for proven battle skills or the others but we were all aware of their spiritual depths anyone can develop shastar vidhiya and be bereft of a spiritual side (just look around in the world) . Do we praise Baba Deep Singh for his shastar vidhiya alone or is it his level of Brahmgian in combination with that?
    • I know there are jhatka shops, not sure how jhatka they are in uk. But I don't think that's the point when we were told to jhatka. We are really supposed to do jhatka ourselves so we get a feel with a sword and also be able to see blood and survival tactic among other stuff. There are so many of us, how can sikh community make this more practical in uk?
    • there were regular reports of the soldiers raping girls until  death etc and also think how they insulted sikhs by converting their chief's son introduced and encouraged him into the filthy habits of gambling, whoring  and drinking/smoking then marrying him off to a nejaiz aulad of muslimah african,  after promising him freedom and an allowance of which only half was ever paid thus inevitably he impoverished his family. His wife was unhappy as her sons were also encouraged to behave the same by their controllers , the daughters however seemed to be aware and wanted to rebel.