Homosexuality

Veerji , You have absolutely NO BASIS in sikhi which says homosexuality is bad !

sahib SGGS has nowhere condoned/condemned homosexuality even when such people were present during Guru sahib's time . Even if not , u think Guru sahib didn't knew about same-sex desires .. If u think so , u are insulting Guru sahib's omniscience ..

Have you read all of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and then understand all of Gurbani?

Using your logic, a person can come along and say Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji has nowhere condoned/condemned incest even when such people were present during Guru Sahib's time.

YOu have no argument here to allow homosexuality, if you do, then don't discriminate against incest because the same reasoning can be used to allow incest.

Veerji , You have absolutely NO BASIS in sikhi which says homosexuality is bad ! yes , nothing ! Quran and bible has LOTS of verses prohibiting homosexual behavior . Bible even says in "levicitus" that gay men should be put to death and their blood is on their own hands .

sahib SGGS has nowhere condoned/condemned homosexuality even when such people were present during Guru sahib's time . Even if not , u think Guru sahib didn't knew about same-sex desires .. If u think so , u are insulting Guru sahib's omniscience ..

As to why incest is not allowed , well incest or sex between relatives leads to genetic diseases . It leads to abnormal children being born . You will find lots of such cases in some middle-eastern communities where cousins marry (jews/muslims ) .

So , there is a scientific basis for prohibiting incest ..

I am NOT saying sex between men is not unhealthy . Even sexual relationships in wrong orifice ( which is practiced esp by gay men ) leads to several problems like haemorrhoids , anal sphincter problems , anal cancer and such ...

Still , discriminating on basis of sexual orientation and hate crimes against LGBT shouldn't be tolerated

Brother, let me please be clear that I am in no way advocating that gay people be persecuted to be considered lesser human being because of being homosexuals.

SGGSj is the ustat of Akal Purkh. SGGSj is not like semitic holy books which says what is right and what is not on worldly matters. For example SGGSj remains silent on pedophilia, necrophilia, zoophilia, incest as well but it does not mean those various paraphilias are accepted in Gurmat. Similarly homosexuality is not accepted if one were to see the life and teachings of Sikh gurus, Bhagat Sahibaan or Mahapursh from puraatan to modern times. The Akal Takht has given it's verdict on homosexuality and it clearly states that a marriage can only occur between man and woman not same sex. You can follow the ways of the world or follow Gurmat. A Sikh is suppose to bend himself to fit into SIkhi not bend Sikhi to fit into their preconceived notions.

Brother, let me please be clear that I am in no way advocating that gay people be persecuted to be considered lesser human being because of being homosexuals.

SGGSj is the ustat of Akal Purkh. SGGSj is not like semitic holy books which says what is right and what is not on worldly matters. For example SGGSj remains silent on pedophilia, necrophilia, zoophilia, incest as well but it does not mean those various paraphilias are accepted in Gurmat. Similarly homosexuality is not accepted if one were to see the life and teachings of Sikh gurus, Bhagat Sahibaan or Mahapursh from puraatan to modern times. The Akal Takht has given it's verdict on homosexuality and it clearly states that a marriage can only occur between man and woman not same sex. You can follow the ways of the world or follow Gurmat. A Sikh is suppose to bend himself to fit into SIkhi not bend Sikhi to fit into their preconceived notions.

When you put it like that then it makes sense.

It must be tough to be gay though because surely a person is born that way? Imagine being gay but not wanting to be gay. Must be a nightmare.

^ the folks here commenting on Homosexuality ....

Only Five :: No one can force you or your family members into homosexuality . It could be that you don't want to persecute homosexuals ( sikhi doesn't permit u , btw ) , but your anti-homosexual stance at a collective level harms us guys / girls a lot ... Malevolent people would pick your ideas and then use them to permit persecution against gays . We've existed since dawn of humanity . And there's evidence people like me existed , we've got painting and scultpures proving existence of homosexuals . So , why persecute against us ? humanity has survived till now with gays being its members . There's no need to worry about humanity's future too , just because some ppl are gay !

If you hate homosexuals and if at all you have any urge to punish them , well let me tell you need not . cause we're already suffering . it looks creamy on surface with so many lgbt movements going around . but at individual level , not many homos live blissful lives , because people are not faithful to each other , which in turn is because there is no instituion like marriage or monogamy for homosexuals . We've got enough problems already in our hands .

Please mind your own business . No one's luring your kids into this lifestyle . Live and let Live.

Kaljugi :: yeah , its annoying . to have attractions which you never want . And to not have attractions which you would want to have .

But , then they become a part of you . Just like how your heterosexuality became a part of u . trust me ! you never consciously asked for it ! however , I am sure u knew it coming since u were a small boy :biggrin2:

Have you read all of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and then understand all of Gurbani?

Using your logic, a person can come along and say Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji has nowhere condoned/condemned incest even when such people were present during Guru Sahib's time.

YOu have no argument here to allow homosexuality, if you do, then don't discriminate against incest because the same reasoning can be used to allow incest.

SGGS doesn't say anything about Big bang and evolution either ! it must not be true then , isn't it ?

you got that amazing thing in your skull ? use it for godsake !

Heterosexual Sikhs go through the same nightmare.

you must be kidding ! SO you can't grab a kudi you like by her hand and both come in front of your parents and tell them "mom dad , I love her and I wanna marry her !"

I am sure not many parents/society/govt/religion would make a fuss out of it ! In many cases , they end up getting married . good for them.

Now , imagine a case of a boy liking another boy and both coming in front of their parents ...

the 4 big guys here : parents , religion , society , govt will make a big fuss out of it , prosecute both the fellas , dehumanize them , and among other things make sure they never spend life with someone whom they love truly !

yeah , we're suffering same way , no ?? :rolleyes2:

you must be kidding ! SO you can't grab a kudi you like by her hand and both come in front of your parents and tell them "mom dad , I love her and I wanna marry her !"

I am sure not many parents/society/govt/religion would make a fuss out of it ! In many cases , they end up getting married . good for them.

Now , imagine a case of a boy liking another boy and both coming in front of their parents ...

the 4 big guys here : parents , religion , society , govt will make a big fuss out of it , prosecute both the fellas , dehumanize them , and among other things make sure they never spend life with someone whom they love truly !

yeah , we're suffering same way , no ?? :rolleyes2:

I think he meant partaking in marriage and everything that entails. Believe it or not, even some heterosexual people don't like sex. Imagine being of the frame of mind that sex just seems nonsensical and 'icky' yet still having to fulfil the grisht-jeevan aspect of being a Sikh.